• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mindset for recovery

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
I see a lot of people who view matchups pertaining to Olimar stating that his recovery is what hinders him. That's true, but it also goes the other way. Take a look at this...

MetaKnight gimps the majority of the cast very well.

Let's take MetaKnight VS Fox. Fox has decent recovery, horizontal and vertical, and also can shine to halt his falling. MetaKnight however can still gimp Fox, not very easy, but still is done. Fox has good recovery, but MetaKnight just is to good against this.

Now, Olimar VS MetaKnight. MetaKnight gimps good recoveries, he gimps bad recoveries. Olimar has an AWFUL recovery, so MetaKnight's ability to gimp doesn't really matter. That takes a point off from MetaKnight and from Olimar.

So now, Olimar's bad recovery kind of negates MetaKnight's gimping since the bad recover doesn't need to be gimped much. So what does that do? It assigns a null value to MetaKnight's best attribute and Olimar's worst attribute.

Just a little mindset. Discuss?

Rocann

Smash Lord
completely wrong

olimar's recovery isn't bad if you just take into account distance, so he has to be gimped. mk has a very easy time gimping. so it makes olimar's worst asset worse and makes one of mk's best assets shine even more

IllidR

Smash Champion
You're saying it makes Metaknight's best asset worse because Olimar is too easy to gimp? I think what is really happening is Metaknight just needs to work less than with other characters to gimp. So yeah, AndyG got it spot on in his post.

ElemMasterZeph92

Smash Journeyman
Although, I'm not sure if having the mindset that the MK isn't gonna do much to gimp Olimar is gonna help us. Its sounds like you're saying that MK mains are cocky or something and don't worry about Olimar much, and that we can take advantage of this. Sorry, but this isn't the mindset anyone needs.

Kyas

Smash Journeyman
I see a lot of people who view matchups pertaining to Olimar stating that his recovery is what hinders him. That's true, but it also goes the other way. Take a look at this...

MetaKnight gimps the majority of the cast very well.

Let's take MetaKnight VS Fox. Fox has decent recovery, horizontal and vertical, and also can shine to halt his falling. MetaKnight however can still gimp Fox, not very easy, but still is done. Fox has good recovery, but MetaKnight just is to good against this.

Now, Olimar VS MetaKnight. MetaKnight gimps good recoveries, he gimps bad recoveries. Olimar has an AWFUL recovery, so MetaKnight's ability to gimp doesn't really matter. That takes a point off from MetaKnight and from Olimar.

So now, Olimar's bad recovery kind of negates MetaKnight's gimping since the bad recover doesn't need to be gimped much. So what does that do? It assigns a null value to MetaKnight's best attribute and Olimar's worst attribute.

Just a little mindset. Discuss?

1. Get awful recovery
2. Challenge incredible gimper
3. Fight
4. ???????
5. PROFIT!!!!

Top Bottom