• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Minnesota Smash Presents : U of M Monthlies 4/10/2010

lemonator31

Smash Rookie
I'm a noob to tournies, so I just want to ask why Brawl singles is now $10 bucks to enter? I'm not complaining or contesting, merely curious as to why it's not the same as Melee, and pays out the same.

Breezy

Smash Ace
I'm a noob to tournies, so I just want to ask why Brawl singles is now $10 bucks to enter? I'm not complaining or contesting, merely curious as to why it's not the same as Melee, and pays out the same.
Mainly because there's always a higher attendance for brawl, and most of our brawl players don't play melee. We figured that having a lower entry fee for melee would persuade more brawl players to enter melee.

i would love to come to this tourney and bring a few friends, but it's still undecided yet lol
You should definitely come. We always love having new people, and everyone who attends these regularly are cool as ****. It's worth it.

yoshq

Smash Master
I'll be there :) can anyone give me a ride, i would appreciate it

Anyone want to MM my Wario or DK? Accepting $1 mms
i'll do both

also would like to say that i'm bringing my wii with the replay codes, and if you want the finals uploaded just do the matches on that setup. last time they weren't uploaded right away because they were on Loki's wii.

YearOldTaco

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone! I've got some bad news. I'm part of Whitefire's crew and from the sounds of it we will not be down for February's tournament. Too many of us have prior obligations. We will definitely try our hardest to be down there for the March tourney in full force, but that too depends on when it is. Here in Fargo/Moorhead there is an impending flood that could really mess with our plans and cause us to evacuate the campus area. Hopefully when the flood happens and when the tournament in March will be held will not clash with each other.

Sorry we couldn't make it to this tournament, we were all really hyped and wanted to play. It'll just have to wait for a month.

MurdaMoe

Smash Ace

what breezy said.

$10 is a standard, especially cause its a monthly. also, $5 entry doesnt attract out of state players.

Hey everyone! I've got some bad news. I'm part of Whitefire's crew and from the sounds of it we will not be down for February's tournament. Too many of us have prior obligations. We will definitely try our hardest to be down there for the March tourney in full force, but that too depends on when it is. Here in Fargo/Moorhead there is an impending flood that could really mess with our plans and cause us to evacuate the campus area. Hopefully when the flood happens and when the tournament in March will be held will not clash with each other.

Sorry we couldn't make it to this tournament, we were all really hyped and wanted to play. It'll just have to wait for a month.
its all good.

we look forward to seeing you guys next month!

Breezy

Smash Ace
$30 entry fee is just ridiculous
QFT

Also, I plan on ****** everyone and everything at this tourney. YoshQ, I won't be using Ganon if I come across you in bracket so you have no reason to worry about bringin out that terribad MK of yours.

I'll be there :) can anyone give me a ride, i would appreciate it

Anyone want to MM my Wario or DK? Accepting $1 mms
I too will do both

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
psshht, brawl should be 5 imo.

and st thomas biweeklies were 5 and roxas tournie was 5 so I don't feel like I'm coming out of nowhere with this.

and not entering your own tourny cus its too expensive = gay.

also - people should try to not just bring 20 dollar bills. we really cant make a lot of change at all.

Chexr

Smash Ace
Anyone need a ride? I should be able to pick people up assuming I don't get lost going up to the cities today

pm me if you want one and aren't that far away

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
melee should be 10 why is it only 5? mad homo dawg mad homo

also im winning this tourny GET HYPED

edit: taking all mm's vs my fox falco marth or sheik

James Sparrow

Smash Master
melee should be 10 why is it only 5? mad homo dawg mad homo

also im winning this tourny GET HYPED

edit: taking all mm's vs my fox falco marth or sheik
i'll take one of each plz.

your fox vs my falco
your falco vs my fox
your marth vs my sheik
your sheik vs my marth

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Sitting in my car ***** my final in 35 mins LOL, amanze ill be there for teams.. you down to bring the rain?

Black Marf

Smash Apprentice
Someone left a TV here, and I really do not have the space to store it. Will the owner please reclaim it.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
thats really not good because the U of M's spring break is from the 13th to the 21st. :(

Idk if blackmarf would be there to let us in and stuff. I think the building would be open but everything would be tougher. People might not even be able to tailgate in to the building if nobody's around...
i think the 13th would work much better than the 20th though. ahhh idk if this is even possible though on those day..

Top Bottom