• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
I think we have a bit of a misunderstanding.

Yes, I know she didn’t do much of anything on the NES, but there are still lots of things to poke fun at with the original. I’m suggesting that as there are still a few moves and game mechanics that Pit doesn’t use or reference yet as something Palutena can do.

We reference what we can (like the protective crystals as a down special, say), then use Uprising to continue filling out whatever is left over. Even a quote from Zeus would be nice.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I always thought those orbs in Uprising were based off the protective crystals in the NES game.

:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
^^I actually had those as a part of my original moveset draft. lol

Anyway I'm pretty sure they'll stick to Uprising's boss fight, not that I'd complain if she got some of Pit's moves (just none of the Uprising weapons that are out of character).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, Palutena with some of the weapons in Uprising wouldn't be out of character for Palutena. She uses a pair of claws in one of the Uprising anime shorts (Palutena's Revolting Dinner).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Seeing her fire halos or light akin to the Palutena Blade wouldn't be out of character at least. Maybe have the standard button combo be based on the animation for physically attacking with staves (vertical swipe, jab, horizontal swipe), and the dash attack being based on the animation for dash attacks with cannons (twirls around then jabs).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'd definitely would trade Palutena to be based on Uprising's weapon attacks and keep the NES-styled Pit. Well maybe because of nostalgia filter and being afraid Sakurai forces Pit to forget his instinct fighting style for more jack of all trades-moveset which just reflects his newest game.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Pit was always a balanced character with a lot of utility, and his moveset was hardly influenced by Kid Icarus to begin with. So, I don't follow what you are saying.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Pit was always a balanced character with a lot of utility, and his moveset was hardly influenced by Kid Icarus to begin with. So, I don't follow what you are saying.
It is. Using Standard B functions a lot like the original, Up B is based on Angel Feather and we have the 3 Sacred Treasures littered here and there as the B-moves too. Maybe it's just for nostalgia goggles but Pit grew even more into me after clearing KI and I hope that won't be sweeped away for sake of making him a multiweapon character Uprising seems to gear him upon, turning him into Kirby-or GW-styled character within the process. Kinda seeing as just promoting Uprising if it means he has to lose his bow and 3 Sacred Treasures.

Palutena could do more with using those weapons here and there since she was considerably developed in Uprising.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Palutena's Arrow (Brawl) - based on Arrow of Light (NES)
Wings of Icarus (Brawl) - based on Wings of Pegasus (NES)
Mirror Shield (Brawl) - based on Mirror Shield (NES)

Palutena is the goddess of light so it makes sense that Palutena's Arrow IS the Arrow of Light.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
HIYAYAYA could've been a mallet attack though.
He does but only if you turn on the items and have Pit pick up a hammer. Pit's hammer animation looks exactly like how he used mallets in the NES/GB games.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
This is the thread for the most sacred Goddess Palutena, we should be on the front page easy. Even if it's only been a few days at worst since a post, still should have more activity.

Anyways, I'm an ardent supporter of Palutena, easily in my top five for SSBU. I didn't realize how much I was in support of her until I started thinking of who I'd like to see, and realized that she's easily the most likely on my list. Guess I'll just go over a few reasons why I'd like to see her.

1. Personality is easily a big one on the list. She's a very amusing figure. I'm only up to Chapter 7 in KIU, been kind of slow since I only play it at work, and only just got a 3DS for Christmas. Anyways, I find her immensely amusing. I love the back and forth she has with Pit, and just in general think she's a great comedic element. Obviously this won't appear much unless they either start doing more personalized intros beyond the win screen and taunts then, but still, it'd be nice. Could also be a story mode again, so if so she could be herself there as well.

2. Moveset. This is what originally had me intrigued at the idea of it, and it's part of why I support another female figure (Rosalina). Palutena seems like a heavy yet floaty figure who would be difficult to take out in the long run. The idea of a heavy defensive magic user is perfect to me. Movement, reach, and spells/traps and all those fun little things. I would much more prefer her be another ranged fighter, not like we have a lot of those. I can just imagine playing as her, and it's super fun. I already love Peach and Zelda, so Palutena would likely be another figure perfect for me.

I have more reasons, but have to cut it short a bit. But I definitely hope she's in, and if she is she'll definitely be one of my most used characters unless they somehow turn her into a Donkey Kong clone.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Welcome aboard fellow Palutena-supporter! I gotta say, I support her for most of the same reasons as yours above. I'm quite confident she makes it in and definitely I'd also make her one of mains. (->v<-)

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Unless she's DK (as he's easily the only Brawl character I can't tolerate) I'll main her. The idea of a DK Palutena is kind of silly though, so I don't think I need to worry about that. But I tend to main characters I like, so I can't see myself not doing that with her. In all likelihood, she's the only character on the new roster that I'll actually use the majority of the time. Brawl was kind of lucky for me, I'm not expecting quite so many people this time around I'll like.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I would use Palutena in a vein to why I use Pit: Kid Icarus bias. Hell, I'd main both Pit and Palutena and treat them as an unstoppable duo of light.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I would use Palutena in a vein to why I use Pit: Kid Icarus bias. Hell, I'd main both Pit and Palutena and treat them as an unstoppable duo of light.
Now why can't you be that optimistic about everything? :p

Palutena would certainly be a fun inclusion.

What would her taunts be?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
What would her taunts be?
First off, gotta have the X-Ray Specs (aka her nerdy thick glasses) somewhere in there while doing something cheesy like making a peace sign. That is obligatory no matter how you look at it. As for the other two taunts, go with something mystical like her clenching her hands together and radiating light, and something tough like making a battle stance with her staff.

Basically, tread on all territories (comedic, mystical, tough).

D

Deleted member

I must save Lady Paletuna! :troll:

....anybody remember that from the old board?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I wish we could get both Palutena and Medusa since I like them both to be playable in smash. But if it can be only one or the other than okay.

So Hell ye- err... I mean, Heaven yeah Palutena for smash! :awesome:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm sure Horse remembers Lady Paletuna...
I gotta yet remember who said that (because the searching in these boards seems broken now). But yes, I do. (-UvU-)

Anyway, the OP has been updated with N30N's new banner! Thanks a million for that one!

I wish we could get both Palutena and Medusa since I like them both to be playable in smash. But if it can be only one or the other than okay.

So Hell ye- err... I mean, Heaven yeah Palutena for smash! :awesome:
Yeah, I really was disappointed when Medusa got practically "shafted" just for a masculine and comically more better character. She was one of the few only instances of a female villain in Nintendo-games after Mother Brain (?). It's quite sad fact. (-=´ò-)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah, I really was disappointed when Medusa got practically "shafted" just for a masculine and comically more better character. She was one of the few only instances of a female villain in Nintendo-games after Mother Brain (?). It's quite sad fact. (-=´ò-)
Well who know's, maybe Madusa still has a shot. I mean yeah she wasn't there much in the game itself. But they did heavily promote her alongside Palutena and Pit before the game was released. Who know's. Maybe Palutena and Medusa could be to smash 4 as Peach/Zelda and Bowser/Ganondorf were to Melee... ^^;

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Personally I'd like to see Medusa and Palutena, especially over Hades and Palutena. Medusa, to me, warrants inclusion over Hades, even if he winds up being the main villain from here on out with KI. Medusa was the first one after all, so I'd rather include her. But Palutena comes first all things considered.

D

Deleted member

Lol, the image. It has RETURNED!!

I'm still trying to remember if it was Horse that kept saying "Paletuna" until I made fun of it...

TO THE SEARCH ENGINE!

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I like the banner, a bit too big to put in my signature though. I need smaller things to show who I want in SSBU, so I can figure out what the roster would look like. :p

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lol, the image. It has RETURNED!!

I'm still trying to remember if it was Horse that kept saying "Paletuna" until I made fun of it...

TO THE SEARCH ENGINE!
Young Horsetail said:
I gotta yet remember who said that (because the searching in these boards seems broken now).
Good luck finding it. Good luck.

Mirron: Why not use mine? (The Palutena-signature.) It's free for use.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Only if I can get the... Stafy, Toad, Isaac, Vaati, and Takamaru ones as well. :p Since I want all of them. Though I acknowledge others on the list there, not as big a fan of getting them in. And if GS got a second rep, I would so want it to be Alex, I love water. Not on topic I know, but saw Garret on your sig so felt like being me. I don't know how to get the actual signatures though, did you make them yourself?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't know how to get the actual signatures though, did you make them yourself?
I remember seeing a thread with those gifs. Though that was a month ago, so don't remember... :/
If you find it, let me know.

:phone:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Johnknight started the Pale Tuna thing, right? I tend to remember trivial things like that.

Funny. I haven't seen Johnknight since the 49ers lost the Super Bowl :troll:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Only if I can get the... Stafy, Toad, Isaac, Vaati, and Takamaru ones as well. :p Since I want all of them. Though I acknowledge others on the list there, not as big a fan of getting them in. And if GS got a second rep, I would so want it to be Alex, I love water. Not on topic I know, but saw Garret on your sig so felt like being me. I don't know how to get the actual signatures though, did you make them yourself?
Yes, I did. But they're free to use. Maybe I should open up a topic where I compile my signatures and make new ones for people, but I'm rather lazy fellow to keep up with requests. :awesome:

Rukifellth

Smash Rookie
I like all the concepts, but with it comes to colours, One that is seriously needed is one based on Princess Lana from Captain N. No I am not kidding, but there is a STRONG simhilairity between the two:

Switched at birth? I think not!
And since Captain Falcon was the intended mascot for the Super Nintendo, does'nt that make him Captain Super Nintendo? Ahahaha...

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Ah. I would like requests, but it's fine. I just have a lot I like, so would be cool to have signatures for each of them. I imagine my hypothetical roster would be so weird if I had my say.

And edited my signature, yay, now I have six people I like in it. :) I just wish I had the full roster.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Ah. I would like requests, but it's fine. I just have a lot I like, so would be cool to have signatures for each of them. I imagine my hypothetical roster would be so weird if I had my say.

And edited my signature, yay, now I have six people I like in it. :) I just wish I had the full roster.
You can drop a signature request for me in a PM, I do these kinda in my own accord (when I'm feeling generous). (-lul-);;

But anyway, back on topic.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
One more off topic, but I'll be on topic as well. Why can't I see my own signature? Whenever I post it doesn't seem to show up for me.

Anyways, personally, what I'd like to see with Palutena is her using some of the weapons from KIU as well. Orbitars was one of the ones I liked the idea of. She definitely is a very hands-off kind of person, so ranged attacks are a must, I just like the idea of Orbitars as a hands off way to attack. Kind of makes me think of Mewtwo, in the sense that a lot of her attacks wouldn't rely on her actually doing the attack, but ranged. But might just be me.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
One more off topic, but I'll be on topic as well. Why can't I see my own signature? Whenever I post it doesn't seem to show up for me.
Can you see it now? Your sig doesn't show up if your post isn't a certain length.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Yep, it showed up then. How... weird. I guess I'll try and keep that in mind. Though starting to wonder if it's actually because I do quick reply normally.

I do think alternate costumes wise she should hit all of the various Goddess or major female cast. Medusa, Pandora, Viridi, and Phosphora gives her plenty of variety in terms of her overall potential costumes.

I really do wish Medusa could get in though. I actually like her as a figure, but she got really cut out of KIU. Kind of wonder why. Given the massive redirection he took with Palutena (relative to what I expected at least.) it seems like he could have just done the same with Medusa. Guess it's for the surprise factor, but still.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Yep, it showed up then. How... weird. I guess I'll try and keep that in mind. Though starting to wonder if it's actually because I do quick reply normally.
If you do quick reply you have to make sure you check the sig box every time. That might have something to do with it.

Top Bottom