• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mirror Match

Evenkor

Smash Cadet
Hi, I picked up Lucario a few weeks ago. After finding him after having Brawl for almost 1 years now, I know most of the characters pretty well, and my main strategy with Lucario is to take my advantages over the other character and abuse them, which has worked out very well so far.

However, I have an issue in that Lucario does not have any inherent advantages over Lucario himself. How would you go about doing the Mirror Match? Any advice?

Flowbeat

Smash Cadet
You've been playing brawl for 2 years? Wow, thats just about twice as long as anyone i know!

srsly though spacing and using your hit boxes and aura well wins this ditto in my experience

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
dude if you have been playering for 2 years why do you have such problems. But really you dont have to abuse just make your game surronded by those advantages.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
I think both sides were kidding about the 2 year mark...
Cause the Brawl 1st year anniversary is in march.

Cario diddo's are a slow moving train. who ever dishes out the most damage in the beginning, will then get rompt stomp'd by the other lucario's Aura boost.

It just goes back and forth.

Um... I'd say play smart, and try to get really early kills. But your playing lucario vs lucario, so even that is hard.

So then.... make it a race? First one around Temple 3 times wins??? XP
-t2

Trela

Smash Lord
Zuji, Azen, and RT (another Lucario) were my funnest Dittoz!

Defense and being able to perdict the opponent are useful in Dittoz.

=Trela=

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
Don't fair approach... you'll get fsmashed.

Don't utilt (at low %)... you'll get dair'd.

But, yeah, Lucario dittos are really gay. It's just all AS and fsmash spacing.

Anybody know if uair outranges dair?

D

Deleted member

most important rule in dittos: spacing spacing and more spacing

KarateF22

Smash Journeyman
Lucario dittos with three stocks are inherently difficult due to the aura boost. The moment you pull ahead, your damage drops 10% and your opponents goes up 20% making 2 stocks tough and 3 stocks near impossible vs. decent players. Anyways, a character cannot get an advantage over himself because the opponent can do the same thing. It all comes down to skill and a bit of luck (in the form of your opponent screwing up). Oh, and dont forget that they share your weaknesses (like up+b not doing damage and therefore not dislodging edgeguarders).

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Its all a giant arms race, until the winning lucario realizes he doesn't have to play honorably and decides "Hey I'm not a lucario. I'm an (insert annoying camping character with shield)!", and just plays keep away with AS/fsmash/utilt/shield -> punish.

Top Bottom