• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Mirror of Truth or Palutena's Advice? Both available at all hours of the day

Sykofantia

Smash Rookie
I had someone at like 200% and Side B didn't kill .-.

Maybe I just need to get better about landing my FSmash... Or try to keep my Side B more fresh.

Thanks for the help!
i rotate between pit and dark pit and i can tell you dark pits side b is only good for situational recovery(i.e. hit someone edge guarding who isn't charging a smash) it basically doesn't ko unless on the edge of the stage(which seems to be dark pits favorite spot) on the edge fthrow kos at hgih percents also can go in for a bair that is usually how i kill off stage... on stage you are pretty much limited to smash attacks unless you get a good read/they jump in a bad place. as far as i know pit is better at stage control with his projectile and a fearful side smash KOing at around 140%(not that high if you're good with landing shots from nspecial) while dark pit seems to have more damage and i feel like his pressure game and juggle is better for some reason but if you get someone to the edge/off stage then that's when dark pit is at his best potential imo(its also easier for him to use shots off stage to help poke edge guarders)

Toonfish

Smash Rookie
What are some low percent combos that can rack up damage quickly
Been playing Pit for a few days now, I really like Dthrow into UpSmash. it combos and is easier to execute than an aerial followup and also catapults your enemy in the air a bit so you can keep on juggling.

Note: Small and/or very light characters can VI out of it, so aerial followups are somewhat safer.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm having trouble transitioning from Pit's ground speed into his air speed. It seems that I can't chase as well in the air as I do on the ground. What can I do to minimalize this feeling of slowness? Am I playing Pit wrong by chasing in the air?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I'm having trouble transitioning from Pit's ground speed into his air speed. It seems that I can't chase as well in the air as I do on the ground. What can I do to minimalize this feeling of slowness? Am I playing Pit wrong by chasing in the air?
I've kinda been avoiding the air because I don't have a c-stick, but I don't think it's a bad idea. Although it sounds like you should shoot an arrow at them instead of chasing if you keep missing.

Xmark

Smash Apprentice
Well one thing I like to do is dash away from my opponent and if they chase me I use the side b to fake them out, pretty much it's just batting them twards you for a free punish

Requiem Strider

Smash Rookie
NNID
Requiem_Strider
3DS FC
0044-3073-6859
Do you guys know some of Pit's combo strings? All I know is Dthrow to nair and Dthrow to fair.
Here's a little something I pulled off yesterday, hope it helps.

As for throws:

Down throw goes into up smash (at low % to a not too floaty or light opponent), nair, uair, and fair (depending on the VI)
Forward throw goes into dash attack at low % with also an opponent that isn't too light or floaty.
Back throw goes into a dash attack, again...at low %

A sourspotted down air can follow up into another aerial, you can also shorthop a rising down air and double jump into a nair, this also combos but it requires a strict timing.

Pit is great at doing a jab reset grab, you can hesitate on the jabs, time them and keep the opponent in front of you, being juggled if their % is high enough. I've been able to combo 4 jabs into a grab.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Two questions :

1 - I'm not using his Side-B until the enemies go to a high % (usually 130%~), because I have fear that this move (that isn't so strong as we speak it is) get staled. It's a smart decision save one of his best attacks only to the kill ?
In my opinion, the worst thing you can do with Upperdash is become too predictable with it. So keeping it in your back pocket until you can punish with it is a good idea.

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
Is there seriously no list yet with the exact details about the differences between pit and dpit? :<

I'm reading a lot of "I think this is different in that [...]" "this too" "maybe this", there has to be someone who truly knows it right?

Is dark pit's side b hitbox bigger than pit's? or is there anything about it that makes it better than pit's, considering pit's kills earlier.

And no differences in knockback trajectory between their aerials or tilts or anything like that, right?

Last edited:

Ecchin

ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴏʟɴᴜᴛᴛ
NNID
Generic_Panic
Is really dark pit's side b a kill move? because i played many matches and i tried to to kill with him people at 140% but nothing :|

i'm frustrated lol

Sykofantia

Smash Rookie
Is really dark pit's side b a kill move? because i played many matches and i tried to to kill with him people at 140% but nothing :|

i'm frustrated lol
dark pits side b doesn't kill anywhere except on the edge of the stage also his fthrow kills around 130%(varies on characters recover/weight) on edge kind of nice when you're having trouble landing smashes imo

Sykofantia

Smash Rookie
Is there seriously no list yet with the exact details about the differences between pit and dpit? :<

I'm reading a lot of "I think this is different in that [...]" "this too" "maybe this", there has to be someone who truly knows it right?

Is dark pit's side b hitbox bigger than pit's? or is there anything about it that makes it better than pit's, considering pit's kills earlier.

And no differences in knockback trajectory between their aerials or tilts or anything like that, right?
honestly i don't think there's enough people who care/play both atm. It feels like dark pit's side b is faster slightly but there's really not enough people caring enough to. Pit's neutral b is more of a offensive/utility thing while I think dark pit's has more priority because I tend to cancel shots easier with dark pit but that isn't "proven". they both can recover with side b a little bit below/above the edge and get on slide with a little lag(but most people don't expect it and you can get a grab if someone doesn't expect it...but it's not something you can abuse) dark pit's forward air seems to be easier to kill with(off stage) than pit's for some odd reason. the characters feel completely different to me i feel like pit is more of a spacing character and I tend to edge guard with arrows and poke. dark pit feels like I can be more aggressive and I'm not sure why it feels like dark pit/pit threads are dead :/ so it's more of a opinion of mine at the moment

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Nope.

It's a punishing move, and on some occasions, a situational edge guard move.

Last edited:

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Generally people are too focused on developing the sheik and rosalina etc meta game, leaving other characters in the dust. Really sucks, this community has tunnel vision currently. It'll hopefully open up soon.

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
1. Was going to ask about when's the best time to use the side B but it seems to have already been asked xD. What percentages does it KO without rage?

2. Does anyone know the respawn time for the Guardian orbitars? Aside from reflecting projectiles I used them to block Wario waft and they actually shattered ! O_O

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Just as the title says. Would Battlefield with its levels, Final Destination with only one big platform or some other stage be something Pit will feel comfortable playing on?

I don't really consider myself to be a pro with Pit but he is the one character I want to learn and main the most so that's why I'm asking this question. Thanks.

Last edited:

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Yoshis Island is probably my least favorite stage, only because the slope on the floor can get in the way at times when your trying to shoot off the arrows. The one thing I like about the stage is the blast zones are not very wide, making it easier for Pit to score some kills at early percentage, if you conserve your fsmashes. Having platforms is a good thing for Pit because he is really good at sharking players that are directly above him on the platform. Although having platforms can be a good thing, it can get in the way when your on one, since Pit is such a floaty character to begin with, and he gets juggled very easily against characters with that can combo you, like theres no tomorrow.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
1. Was going to ask about when's the best time to use the side B but it seems to have already been asked xD. What percentages does it KO without rage?

2. Does anyone know the respawn time for the Guardian orbitars? Aside from reflecting projectiles I used them to block Wario waft and they actually shattered ! O_O
140% on Mario on FD, about seven seconds off the top of my head.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
It's really, REALLY dependent on who you're fighting. Basically, their worst is you're best, barring a few exceptions. Not too sure how good Pit actually is on Reset Bomb Forest, but I hate it because you can't Upperdash off the side without SDing.

ChaoticRoy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Roythunder
3DS FC
4356-1809-4292
I personally love Battlefield. Pit excels at fighting people that are above him on platforms and you can use them to your advantage too to extend strings.

Also, Prism Tower is an excellent Pit stage. Not only because the moving platforms can give Pit an early kill but the main platform itself is soft at the bottom (You can get through it from below but you can't drop from it or attack from above). This combined with Pit's multiple jumps makes him able to pressure people safely. Also the propriety of this platforms aids with Pit's recovery since you can mix it up a lot thanks to been able to go through it.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

There's the obvious with his arrows and Sspecial, and his Ftilt has much less knockback. Throws might KO a % or two faster.

I've played the two enough to safely say any other differences to be found will be incredibly small, if any.

Generally people are too focused on developing the sheik and rosalina etc meta game, leaving other characters in the dust. Really sucks, this community has tunnel vision currently. It'll hopefully open up soon.
I have a guide for the two angels going. Problem is that stupid stuff happens to me whenever I try to turn the topic into an actual guide.

Last edited:

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
i have a burning question please help me!
how do people jump at me while attacking then land with no lag. They use the jabs immediately after an aerial attack.

is it just certain characters? the timing of the attack? if so when?
what move does pit have that has little to no ending lag?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
i have a burning question please help me!
how do people jump at me while attacking then land with no lag. They use the jabs immediately after an aerial attack.

is it just certain characters? the timing of the attack? if so when?
what move does pit have that has little to no ending lag?
It's called autocanceling, or some attacks are just that fast. Pit's Nair short-hop autocancels if you don't fastfall. Basically, hitting the ground at the end of some aerial attacks negates the lag and can be acted out of.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Battlefield is a good stage against most characters.
But after battle some Sheik in there, I discovered the stage is too dangerous against chars with faster aerials, and great at combos.
It's like CHOMPY said, your advantage proves to be wrong and you is combo'ed and juggled like there's no tomorrow.
Sheik has complete advantage in BF, for example. (She probably have the advantage in general, but BF intensifies).

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
It's called autocanceling, or some attacks are just that fast. Pit's Nair short-hop autocancels if you don't fastfall. Basically, hitting the ground at the end of some aerial attacks negates the lag and can be acted out of.
ok thanks, the Nair is very good for this. just got to practice

Donavon Bacot

Smash Rookie
NNID
donavon123
3DS FC
5257-8822-9275
if you use pit's quickdash arm off the stage you will do a wavedash

pit the stage
-> <------------------------------->
you have to be a mim up to the lege so you dont grab it

i cant record for now

Last edited:

Toonfish

Smash Rookie
Not to rain on your parade, but didn't everyone know this already?

I mean, that happens on accident a lot of time, or is that just me?

Last edited:

Donavon Bacot

Smash Rookie
NNID
donavon123
3DS FC
5257-8822-9275
Not to rain on your parade, but didn't everyone know this already?

I mean, that happens on accident a lot of time, or is that just me?
wish i can show you but its like your canceling the arm and keeping the momentum

Dr.Midget

Smash Rookie
I've been getting pretty good with dark pit and the like. But I feel that I need a better strategy, any suggestions?

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Pit is rather clearly the better of the two, but Dark Pit is still useful in certain situations. They're similar enough that learning one is essentially learning the other, having only four moves with any differences at all.

Basically, use both. Just keep in mind the big differences when you pick one. Pit has good arrows, Dark Pit has the Electroshock Arm. Pit's arrows are for tacking on extra damage when the opponent is in an odd situation, like recovering. Dark Pit's Arm is a powerful gimping tool, beating out nearly any recovery and usually kills as a result.

Top Bottom