• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miss Gigabits? Otronicon 2010 - 1/16-17th + Updates

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i hope you peoples have fun.

ill probably be freezing my *** off...and loving every minute of it

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You guys shouldn't have it on this date...you are separating Florida's community. Some are going OOS, and all of SFL that isn't going to pound is going to Lee's ZP Monthlies...

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
What do you want them to do? Delay Otronicon so that you can go to someone else's tournament? Such ignorance. This thread is for suggestions for Otronicon, not useless whining.

nevershootme

Smash Master
that's like delaying any anime con (oh hey lets go delay anime expo for it's huge brawl tournament that we wanna go but a large level brawl tourney is happening though)... it's a con that was scheduled by Orlando science center. not former gigs staff or w/e. and generally it's not gonna be cash given for winners anyways.

it appears that everyone has turned into the m2k mindset of, delay things so we can go and take their money

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I might actually go to the brawl tournament. It has been so long since the last time that I've played brawl that I kind of want to play it again for a bit.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Hmm...I don't think so. It's all "Brawl - Ind." (singles?), which is probably just a typo from whoever made the schedule simply copying and pasting in all four slots. Although I'd love to double the Brawl, I doubt that is the case. The fact that they split it into four days is interesting, though. Looks like they really are going for double elimination. And we get the Cinedome three out of four days! ^ ^

skrach8

Smash Lord
sleek fails the smash community with his post bout brawl......pity so much potential is lost to such a game..... native american tear.

ps sheer y the he!! havent u posted under noob 1..... stop being such a noob!

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
skrach just hit him with the O combo

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Haha, wow. So this is the central Florida community. See you cool guys when you show up for the Brawl tournament anyway.

skrach8

Smash Lord
lol dude dont take it seriously.... twas a simple flame.... nothing more......

i poke fun at brawl cuz it sucks.....i mean..... not as good a game as melee...... i mean.... a different game..... lol more pokes u get it...... if u wanted to say something like melee is toooo technical...i mean.... to mind gamey....i mean... too fast.... i mean..... wait.....??? ok nm

lemme stop.... anyway..... and thanks sandtru +7 points in skrach's book of coolness.

nevershootme

Smash Master
lol i'm going cuz i just wanna win w/e they have to give, even if it's for a console or w/e. can ensure that there's alot of scrubs, even if it means beating up the kids

Melee = More offense
Brawl = More defense (Turtling like Sagat)

sooo for entertainment, More Offense > More Defense

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I never turtle with Sagat.

I just jump kick>crouch kick over and over until I lose the match.

It's STYLISH WHAT.

edit: 8-bit, last time 1 place got a 25$ gift card...
This time who ever wins should be glad to get a $50 gift card IMO.

And I don't plan on winning.... :(

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
That's weird. I got $100 for second place a few years ago. Oh, well. Not in it for the money, anyway.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'm entering brawl too. Be scared *****es.

Someone good team with me for brawl and melee so I can win stuff!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
What you talkin bout kid? When do I not play smash with you noobs? I just don't go to tourneys, but the science center is 10 mins from my house.

JRexOSC

Smash Rookie
Otronicon Smash Bros Rules

Hey guys. I built the Competition structure for Otronicon this year, using a slightly modified version of the SBR 2.0 Rules posted by Hylian.

These are four separate tournaments held on each of the four days. Friday, Sunday, Monday are all Brawl on the CineDome screen, starting at 6:00.

Saturday's tournament is held in the Action Stage at 4:00, and will play mixed Brawl & Melee.

All the Official Otronicon rules will be posted on Otronicon.org.

I hope this helps clear things up.

More information (including prizes) is on the way, or go to www.otronicon.org and get ready to Smash Clash & Bash!

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
This could be the best tournament ever...I can't wait to see how it turns out. ^ ^

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Cecil are you still running this? Some other guy posted a thread in Tourney Listings and said items would be on?

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
That thread predates this one. The information in this thread (dates, format?) conflicts with what has been shown on the Otronicon website so far. Still, who knows? We won't have to wait long to find out the final ruleset. I'm digging four days of Brawl/one day of Melee with choice items.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
So I'm confused is there melee???

Cecil said Sunday would have melee, and I don't want to request off a day of work...only to find out there is no melee (which is the only event I'd go to)!!!

I need confirmation on if there is a melee, and if so when because I have to ask off work if I want to attend, and I don't want to ask off if there is none, or for the wrong day...

:colorful:

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
Updates, horray!

I just spoke with one of the other events guy today about next week's stuff. It seems that Sunday's events won't be able to begin until 5pm. That sucks, because that means that 2v2 for that day won't be happening. He wanted to do Brawl 1v1 on Sunday but I told him that spanning Brawl out on 2 days isn't a wise idea, especially starting that late, too. So here is the tentative (meaning it will be set in stone no later than Monday) schedule:

Saturday: Brawl 1v1 and 2v2 (beginning at noon)
Sunday: Melee 1v1 (beginning at 5pm)

Double elimination, MLG rules, etc.

As for the volunteers who PM'd me, I have some updates for you as well. Jim told me that volunteers for the day before (thats Friday) who help set up the systems and put the right characters on them, and/or bring their own systems in to be used for the tournament will be given free entry to the actual con. I worked on the logistics of making the entire thing free but you'll still have to enter the tournament though. They told me that you would have to help out for around 8 hours, but you don't have to do it all on the same day. What I decided to do (cause 8 hours....blah) for you guys is that if you volunteered the day before for about 4 hours or so just help me make sure people are playing on the right TVs or help report matches to me if you see one completed. I'll count that for whatever remaining time there is, and of course I'll let you play your own matches. I'm going to be contacting everybody who PM'd me earlier about volunteering so you can get an idea of what your schedule will be like.

As for prizes, I still don't know what they will be this year but I am going to speak to Next Level LAN to see if they can chip in to the prize pool as well. Perhaps free entry into their inaugural Brawl tournament? We'll see.

Top Bottom