• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mission Impossibill 4/18/09

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
You don't have to if you don't want to but if you do, you can learn Brawl really quick. Just play Marth or metaknight and space really well or something. That's really all Brawl is. Hopefully I can work some IC magic and altgrab, even though I haven't played Brawl since HERB. ;_;

BEHR

Smash Hero
honestly if WoP is still a valid tactic with her shes prly my best shot i always try to wavedash with marth and get *****
Yuh its still good but it weakens over time do a couple Bairs then Sweetspot a Fair when WoPing.

The sweetspot Fair is a good kill move.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
He's gonna go to the azalea festival.

No, the other azalea festival.

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
thats easy wobbling shouldnt be banned in singles so of course it isnt in doubles >.> and this opinion has nothing to so with me teaming with u i swear <.<

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Honestly, you would have to be pretty dumb to ban wobbling in doubles.

Edit: IMO

Edit 2: If PLUR mastered wobbling, I would not have any qualms with him winning the tourney.
I have Wobbling down. Just ask Jawsh.

Trust me, that wouldn't really help me win a tourney. Not like IC are good doubles character anyways

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Exactly my point.

1. ICs are not very maneuverable, and nana doesn't do well with chaos. This makes the ICs bad for teams to begin with. (and IC's moveset blows in teams.)

2. If the opposing teammate lets his own teammate get wobbled... they deserve to lose. period.

3. If there is a 1v1 at the end between the ICs and the remaining enemy player, then there is only one stock to be wobbled on, rather than 3 that would be in a singles match, making the probability for the wobbling to happen smaller compared to a full-length singles match rather than a 90% finished doubles match. I think it is possible to avoid being grabbed in one stock, for a few minutes. Especially when both characters may be at high %s.

ALSO, IT IS SORTA LIKE BANNING (INESCAPABLE) GAY GRAB-RELEASES DONE BY TEAMMATES THAT TAKE 0% INPUT SKILL.

Edit: I play Metaknight and other heavily aerial characters, so I admit there may be bias.

I still think it is not a problem, and also believe for the same reason, D3's standing/small step infinite should be allowed in team play. (But wobbling actually takes input skill rather than anything D3 has)

tl;dr version: I think wobbling should be allowed because of teammate interruption, the IC's not being a team-viable char in he first place, and when wobbling is possible on the last life, it should be pretty easy to aviod.

PLUR, you can wobble me anytime baby. xD

Top Bottom