• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Smash University - Check post 881

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
If me and Tommy G go, were getting like 2nd/3rd at Smash 64, cause I heard Isai will be there... XD
HAHAHAHA! let the smack talk begin.... You won't be beating me! and if you can beat Moogle then you're a better man than I thought. The Smash 64 will be serious up in here!

Xaltis

Smash Hero
HAHAHAHA! let the smack talk begin.... You won't be beating me! and if you can beat Moogle then you're a better man than I thought. The Smash 64 will be serious up in here!

I just wanna fight good people in Smash 64, all I have to practice against is Tommy G, he's already REALLY good but I want to play other people. = D

Winnar

Smash Lord
I might be interested. I'll talk to the LA guys about this.
An international brawl/melee/64 tournament 4 hours driving distance from you

You guys all better be here! lol

Is the push for Labor Day Weekend to get more entrants or is this a venue renting related problem? Also what N-Gage said. MSU will be an international tournament. Also if MS is doing a Good Player Fund, they should get Tani, Mach Dash, Weon-X, Javi, Tuga, etc. Dark isn't responding on MSN. I'll send him an email message.
Basically to have more entrants as well as to have an easier schedule. Running like 5 or 6 events in 2 days and 3 nights versus 3 full days would certainly make my life easier. I've been talking to a few people and most everyone said the date change would be a good thing for them. We'll probably be pushing this back to labor day

alsoooooo

Mach Dash and Dark <3

Those are the only two players I recognize :( I haven't been keeping up with non-euro/US scene too much, but I'd love to learn more O:

Also we could probably set up a good player fund for one player, but we're kind of maxed out on what we can spend right now. If we get a sponsor then we'll definitely

What the fsck? This is like, an hour from me. Confirmed.
Yaaaaaaaay :D

Potentially my first regional tournament. I can't wait.

Edit: International would be a better term. Even better.
:D

I just wanna fight good people in Smash 64, all I have to practice against is Tommy G, he's already REALLY good but I want to play other people. = D
Yaaaaaay 64 :D

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
well were starting monthlies in Memphis, TN soon and SSB64 will be included so you should try to make it to some of them :bee:

N-Gage

Smash Apprentice
yea, lol. We hope for 200 entrants so if you do that math thats $4000.00 in one pot if all 200 enter that one game set. lol. Hoping tho for a BIG turnout for Melee.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
yea, lol. We hope for 200 entrants so if you do that math thats $4000.00 in one pot if all 200 enter that one game set. lol. Hoping tho for a BIG turnout for Melee.

WHERE IS THE BRAWL HYPE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :mad:

I know all of the Brawlers in Memphis will be here! That makes like 10-20 of us! But come on, we need more ppl and more big names!!! (i.e. M2K, GNES, Nick Riddle, ESAM, ADHD, MadAlly, etc...)

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I'm glad that this tournament is blowing peoples faces off. Mane, gotta get more work done on the website. You *****s be killing my free time.

N-Gage

Smash Apprentice
WHERE IS THE BRAWL HYPE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :mad:

I know all of the Brawlers in Memphis will be here! That makes like 10-20 of us! But come on, we need more ppl and more big names!!! (i.e. M2K, GNES, Nick Riddle, ESAM, ADHD, MadAlly, etc...)
We're tryin man. Its tuff then it looks. It was already hard enuff landing Isai and Armada. lol

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
We're tryin man. Its tuff then it looks. It was already hard enuff landing Isai and Armada. lol
I know. Don't think I'm hating on you. You and Winnar are working hard and I know it. So don't think I won't be working hard either on our end, but we really do need a big name brawl player. That'll spur on others. I'll talk to Winnar about it this weekend lol. But keep up the good work manes.

N-Gage

Smash Apprentice
I know. Don't think I'm hating on you. You and Winnar are working hard and I know it. So don't think I won't be working hard either on our end, but we really do need a big name brawl player. That'll spur on others. I'll talk to Winnar about it this weekend lol. But keep up the good work manes.
lol, i knw. i was being satirical. But we're workin on it. He already msg M2K i think and some more

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Dude Win, we have to have like Pot Goal. Like a donation or something to get to the highest pot prize lol.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Right now it's 2k pot, funded by what attendance? TO? Who put that money there? lol. Hopefully we can up the anti w/ sponsors and what not lol.

N-Gage

Smash Apprentice
^^ Our school gives us money. We're a funded student orginization. So we have many other resources to call upon. So yes, the pot currently has 2K in it thanks to school funding

milesg2g

Smash Champion
^^ Our school gives us money. We're a funded student orginization. So we have many other resources to call upon. So yes, the pot currently has 2K in it thanks to school funding

LOLWUT!?
Dude we need to get some sponsors on this thing asap!

N-Gage

Smash Apprentice
Dont knw on how it's gonna b spread yet, ask Winnar. But I do knw it's not Melee only.

@Miles........I'm taking ANY suggestions for sponsors. 2 weeks ago we applied to the following
Pepsi (undecided), Hot pockets (said no), Bawls (they said they broke), Monster (they're giving us drinks), Red Bull (they're giving us drinks AND red bull girls), Coca-Cola (they said no), Amp'd (they said no), 5 hour energy drink (they said no),, Cocaine energy drinks (maybe they said), GameStop (will call me baq soon), Best Buy (they said no). Nintendo (they said "Thank You...but we can't endorse this"). LOL, see wut i mean. So our only source of funding currently is our school Mississippi State University. And they fund us as a student club.

Top Bottom