• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Smash University - Check post 881

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Yeah!, Atl. South has some fight in it. Lets show em what we got lol.
I'm still pissed that at FC3 (I think it was 3, it might have been 6, hard to remember) the team captain for the South crew didn't bother having a mini tournament to hold positions for the crew, and just picked from favorites he happened to know. There were several peeps, myself somewhat included (I was definitely the low end of the group of peepz who were good enough) that were more worthy to be on the team. Ultimately Team South was mostly a joke cause of that. We wouldn't have won against East or West, but we would have done better than we did.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
The South has some heavy hitters now. BigLou,Kismet,Seirbik,NickRiddle,Esam,MVD, I mean the list could go on lol.

N-Gage

Smash Apprentice
That's great, but Fri/Sat doesn't work. People would have to take off Thursday and Friday from work and/or school.
Well, the thing is that the honors college has a 7000Sq Feet event space that they agreed to let us used for thoes dates. The lady even looked on the calendar and said they're open. Lower Cost too. But, all we had to do is have our advisor e-mail her so she knws we are not some cons, lol. She likes us tho cuz we play smash in there each Friday and always clean up n wut not. So wen she gets baq to me, I'll let u knw. Kool

Edit: O yea, and no security Needed

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Such a random tournament for Armada to fly all the way here for...
I disagree. He is coming to one of the first major tournaments in the deep south. Why wouldn't he want to be a part of this experience? 3 years from now, he'll be like I remember MSU 1, and I can't wait for MSU 4.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I'll fight you to the death Xaltis. :troll:
I'll also MM people in Brawl.
I'm still not guaranteed to be here.
I'll know after Pound.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I disagree. He is coming to one of the first major tournaments in the deep south. Why wouldn't he want to be a part of this experience? 3 years from now, he'll be like I remember MSU 1, and I can't wait for MSU 4.
It's just that there are so many other tournaments that have more convenient locations--this is almost 3 hours from the nearest major airport, not a lot of major local players unlike EC/WC, not very scenic, etc.--and it's also relatively close to Genesis 2 for someone spending $1000+ on tickets.

More power to you if he comes, but when I saw Armada + Mississippi I was like...really?

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
MSU isn't a random tournament.
I think he's more likely addressing the oddity that is this tournament.
More power to you if he comes, but when I saw Armada + Mississippi I was like...really?
There is a damn good reason why he's coming, as BunBun pointed out, and that's cause we are flying him out here. It makes a HELL of a lot of sense too, cause we have to do stuff for this tournament to make people want to attend. Armada is a BIG name, but not only that, he's a rarity in the states. Now there are top players who really want to go to this, if nothing else to have a shot at besting him.
It's just that there are so many other tournaments that have more convenient locations--this is almost 3 hours from the nearest major airport, not a lot of major local players unlike EC/WC, not very scenic, etc.
This will be the best tournament in a ****ty location. Luckily we have the resources to buy away a lot of the problems of the area. Now with that said, the actual venue is pretty freaking great. We should have pics of both the hotel and of the tournament areas relatively soon, and I'll update the site with them.

N-Gage

Smash Apprentice
I think he's more likely addressing the oddity that is this tournament.

There is a damn good reason why he's coming, as BunBun pointed out, and that's cause we are flying him out here. It makes a HELL of a lot of sense too, cause we have to do stuff for this tournament to make people want to attend. Armada is a BIG name, but not only that, he's a rarity in the states. Now there are top players who really want to go to this, if nothing else to have a shot at besting him.

This will be the best tournament in a ****ty location. Luckily we have the resources to buy away a lot of the problems of the area. Now with that said, the actual venue is pretty freaking great. We should have pics of both the hotel and of the tournament areas relatively soon, and I'll update the site with them.
I have the pics/vids. Jus tell me wen u want them

N-Gage

Smash Apprentice
It's just that there are so many other tournaments that have more convenient locations--this is almost 3 hours from the nearest major airport, not a lot of major local players unlike EC/WC, not very scenic, etc.--and it's also relatively close to Genesis 2 for someone spending $1000+ on tickets.

Winnar

Smash Lord

I will attend this tournament.

If i didn´t have plans i would never let them use my name to try geting more people to this tournament :p

(Guess that´s enough n-gage :p)

BunBun: Spela den rosa skitbollen =).
Yeah i can play Kirby some matches if you wanna see that =).

Plus we're paying for his ticket here

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
There's an edit button for a reason lol. You need to stop double/triple posting N-Gage. Moderators do not look well upon such an act.

Top Bottom