• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miyamoto is going to headline a GDC keynote. Will Brawl be involed?(NOT A RUMOR!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I'd say there's a decent chance it may show up in a montage, though, whether it'd be (in order of my perceived likelyness) new stages/characters (if anything it'd probably just be one new stage) being shown, unique footage containing stuff we already know, or just footage they've already shown I don't know. A new trailer, while a slight possibility, I wouldn't bet money on it...Though, I don't think Mr. Sakurai was at the Nintendo World Tour so it may a possibility. But...I really don't know. They may just deem that it's too early for us to get anything and show us nothing.

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
im hoping for a march release i mean game informer says march, best buy says march and GDC is in march...it's just wishful thinking but it would be awsome

im hoping for a march release i mean game informer says march, best buy says march and GDC is in march...it's just wishful thinking but it would be awsome
It won't happen.Don't expect brawl to be released until Q3 at the earliest.

Best Buy's Launch date is wrong,they only do that so you can reserve in advance I.E. get your money.And you would also notice that a hand full of other games have the same release date as brawl.Simply put; it was an assumption.

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
grrr, I'm getting slightly irratated now, been since November since we've had some basic new info, even at that it wasn't as good as I expected, I'm really itching to see some new characters or even items.

Sure the November trailer did show some new stages which sorta confrm new characters/old characters too, but really, I wanna see how Marth looks in SSBB... (IF HE'S IN!)

If we don't get some info in March, I don't think we will till around June...

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Yeah man... I hate being clueless about the game like this. It's nerve wrecking... I wish he would just be like "oh here's some new screens" or something nice like that. But is he? no : (

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
lmao, way I see it is, there's suspense, then there's irritance....

And Sakuri's "plan" is slowly becoming irritant...

I know he's making us wait so he can increase the hype SEVERELY closer to Brawls release date... But ****....

Even a picture of few sillouttes, or Link's mom, anythin lol

KoopaKoot

Smash Apprentice
I'm not expecting anything Smash related, but Nintendo have a tendency to do something great over the more recent GDC (2005 2006) Probably a whole new game which will make some people interested.

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
I HIGHLY doubt there will be any new news on the Brawl.
I have good reason to assume he will be talking about original VC development and perhaps online features.
I guess Brawl might tie in to that, but I wouldn't bet on it.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
http://gonintendo.com/?p=14048

Just thought I'd let everyone know that Nintendo cannot legally reveal anything new about new products at GDC due to a rather poor timing of a large stock sale.

The only chance we have for new Brawl info is if it's on the showfloor, as journalists can apparently ask questions about things on the showfloor... Bah, this sucks.

megachao24

Smash Cadet
http://gonintendo.com/?p=14048

Just thought I'd let everyone know that Nintendo cannot legally reveal anything new about new products at GDC due to a rather poor timing of a large stock sale.

The only chance we have for new Brawl info is if it's on the showfloor, as journalists can apparently ask questions about things on the showfloor... Bah, this sucks.

Hmm... something bothers me about this piece of news. If, somehow, Nintendo ramdomly got caught in a jam this big before a big, well-planned event... Something is wrong. I do not know if I can fully trust this source if in any case since something like this cannot be something to joke with.

If it is true.. well it sucks for any new info outside the showfloor (although I was expecting something very small).

Black/Light

Smash Master
Im thinking they already knew about this. Really, they have somany big wigs at nintendo talking there with well planned out sessions but they all HAPPEN to have forgotten about the stock thing they where doing which they should have known would have resulted in this if this is to actually happen. . . And plus, the 2 sites I see with this "news" on them don't even fully understand what nintendo can and can not do with said "gag order".
(the simple fact that noone said "OMGS, If nintendo is doing this stock thing it could effect GDC news!" before this was released makes me raise a eyeB. . . )

And plus, I have only hear 2 sites say anything about this. One is the first/ only source on gonintendo's post which links to a site I have never heard of before and the other is Gonintendo. . .I don't fully trust either of them (seeing as I have only been to one of these sites before this news/ rumor) and I have yet to see anything on IGN or any other big name about this devilopment as well.

But we will find out soon anyway so w/e. . .

WR3K

Smash Ace
have you guys realized its THIS thursday

its a no-brainer but to some ppl its still a far off event in their minds

cant wait, even if brawl isnt mentioned

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
The Article In The Link said:
At first sight, this announcement means that Nintendo won't be able to mention new information about any currently unreleased games, including Wii Zelda, Phantom Hourglass, the new Metroid, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and unannounced projects... But since when has Nintendo let a little thing like a "federal gag order" get in the way of any announcements they had in the works?
Its not guranteed, but...
I reckon they will mention Brawl...perhaps a new character? My hopes are for Ganondorf, though I doubt if he does announce a new character that it will be him.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Excellent find. I've grabbed the important part out for those too lazy to read the whole thing (for shame!)

It just so happens that Nintendo's secondary offering stock price is going to be set based upon data obtained on March 5th-March 8th in Japan. Considering this, Ol' Nintendo should be more than free to discuss whatever they want after the price is more than likely set on the 9th...

...And it just so happens that Eiji Aonuma's 60 minute lecture on the history and future of the Zelda franchise has been moved from the early morning of March 9th to 5:30pm of the same day, a time when most people at the conference will actually be awake and will have popped the tylenols that they'll need to get over their serious hangovers.

Its not guranteed, but...
I reckon they will mention Brawl...perhaps a new character? My hopes are for Ganondorf, though I doubt if he does announce a new character that it will be him.

Do you even read? You still don't understand,nor does anyone else..EVERYTHING DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND BRAWL!! Period.

They will not show any new information,due to the fact that we have been spoiled with information already.2 trailers within 8 months?What games have you known to give out information like that within such a short time span?

Nintendo isn't paid to sit around and tickel your fansy with information,otherwise,they wouldn't have anything to live up to hype or show.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Wow EPFire, you could be a bit more optimistic IMO. . .

(And to a answer to your statment, Im pretty sure we got a good deal of info and trailers (even if mostly everything in the early trailers where taken out or changed) for TP back when it was being made atleast once every 4 months. I wouldn't say we are "spoiled" with info seeing as we don't really know much about this game. We know like 9 characters, a few stages, not all characters are coming back, speed will be changed some how, more focus on air combat some how, 3rd parties will be in, will be on line and play with GC or VC controls, brawl moves will be added some how and a 2007 release date that if they are going to keep than we would expect some kind of info now that is has almost been a half year sence we have last seen gameplay footage (we basicaly know mostly vague stuff that hasn't been more drectly stated upon). I don't expect something like a new character/ screen/ vid etc, just a narrowed down release date and info on online or progess personaly)

enjoi06

Smash Rookie
I've been reading this entire thread and I'd just like to say that I'm sick of Eternal phoenix Fire's constant "this WONThappen, nintendo CANT do this, they never do that, blah blah blah." No offense, but you don't represent nintendo and even if they might rarely show footage of new games so often... it doesn't hurt to have some hope. So please stop with the negative attitude... I know you're trying to be reasonable but it doesn't help this thread.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I was about to tell Eternal Phoenix Fire to calm down like I usually do, but then I saw that he made that post at like 7:25 lastnight or yesterday morning. He's emersed himself with the involvement of Brawl for far to long I suppose.

Well anyway, I was relieved that I didn't have to use that ridiculous Wii remote for Brawl. That would of sucked, big time!

I've been reading this entire thread and I'd just like to say that I'm sick of Eternal phoenix Fire's constant "this WONThappen, nintendo CANT do this, they never do that, blah blah blah." No offense, but you don't represent nintendo and even if they might rarely show footage of new games so often... it doesn't hurt to have some hope. So please stop with the negative attitude... I know you're trying to be reasonable but it doesn't help this thread.
When you have been around here a while,things tend to get repetitive and annoying.I'm not negative,i'm a realist.

I'm sorry that i'm not optimistic enough to fit in within the line of thought in this topic,but it's who I am,i'm not going to sugur-coat anything.And from a logical stand point,revealing so much information within a short time span is a complete spoiler.

I know people want brawl to the point that they want to cut themselves,but let's try to attack things from a more logical stand point,and be less demanding.The more we demand,the more impatient we get,the more impatient we get,the more the anticipation kills us.

Let's just try to assume that we can get some information in about 1-2 more months.It just seems to be so soon.

=D

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I'm not negative,i'm a realist.
Same thing.
I'm sorry that i'm not optimistic enough to fit in within the line of thought in this topic,but it's who I am,i'm not going to sugur-coat anything.And from a logical stand point,revealing so much information within a short time span is a complete spoiler.

I know people want brawl to the point that they want to cut themselves,but let's try to attack things from a more logical stand point,and be less demanding.The more we demand,the more impatient we get,the more impatient we get,the more the anticipation kills us.

Let's just try to assume that we can get some information in about 1-2 more months.It just seems to be so soon.

=D
I agree with you, EpF. Expectation kills hype as does knowing everything. If we do get info, awesome, if not, oh well; they'll give it to us eventually and we'll get the game not-as-long-as-people-make-it-sound after that.

Also, six hundred posts. :3

Chepe

Smash Lord
It would keep up with the Smash Files of Nintendo Power to have new characters or info revealed in these next few days... However, that alone does not justify getting our hopes so up...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
It all depends when Brawl will be released. If it is planned to be released around Christmas then now seems a little early for new information at least regarding characters (and if they did manage to get sonic I think that suprise will be held off for awhile).

If it is going to be released during the summer, then it might be alright to reveal a new character.

But I would love to see a new model for one of the returning characters regardless.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Thats it, they have a playable Mario Strikers Changed there. . .I expect someone from nintendo (Shaggy most likely) to at least SAY the words SSBB as at least a grouping of "big 07 games" now. . .

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Just thought I'd let everyone know, that thus far, the keynote is dullllllllllllllll.

Edit: So basically, what we learned it Mario Galaxy is still intended for this year,

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
We've gone about 4 months without any information on brawl. That isn't to say i've been pacing back and forth in my dormroom since early November, though. I don't think it's too weinery to want another trailer, or another character or something revealed pretty quick here. I just think it's odd...then again i've never really waited for the release of new info so fiendishly on another game as I do with brawl.

squaminator

Smash Ace
We've gone about 4 months without any information on brawl. That isn't to say i've been pacing back and forth in my dormroom since early November, though. I don't think it's too weinery to want another trailer, or another character or something revealed pretty quick here. I just think it's odd...then again i've never really waited for the release of new info so fiendishly on another game as I do with brawl.
me neither. i'm just waiting on that "but wait, there's more!" moment. at least there's super paper mario. when is e3 supposed to be, anyways?

Hoboman725

Smash Journeyman
It's not over is it? the GDC I mean. I was under the impression that there was supposed to be a presentation all about Zelda, not to mention the fact that I don't think the word 'Smash' has been said once yet, which is strange considering it sold so ridiculously well for the Gamecube.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Aunoma, the director of Twilight Princess, is giving a speech called "Reflections of Zelda," or something I think tomorrow, which is the last day of the conference.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
It's not over is it? the GDC I mean. I was under the impression that there was supposed to be a presentation all about Zelda, not to mention the fact that I don't think the word 'Smash' has been said once yet, which is strange considering it sold so ridiculously well for the Gamecube.
the history of Zelda isn't being done by Miyamoto, and GDC isn't over. Perhaps you missed the posts on Nintendo's stock situation, and the fact that, since it more than likeley isn't being released until Q4, it would be foolish to talk about it anymore now and kill the hype surrounding the game with an oversaturation of information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom