• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK and Snake

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
What's your stand on who the better character is? Snake's leading in tourney results and has pretty close matchups in comparison to MK. However, MK has a slightly better moveset. Your opinion?

ChK

Smash Cadet
i would have to go with snake... just because you can camp and grenade people to death plus with mortar slide and f-tilt... hes pretty much unstoppable. i use metanight as my main and online im in a slump =[... but he is really good too. it all depends on what style you use. metanight is fast but snake is overpowered. snake wins... just look at dsf haha =]

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
if there was a snake that played snake on the same level as i play mk, then i don't think i would win (don't base off youtube)

mk has to play perfect to win, but snake can just grenade camp a ton, leaving MKs air game and tornado game invalid

then snake merely has to guess that MK will run at him, since good grenade usage ALONE basically takes away MKs air approach, and snake can F tilt or dash grab MK as MK dashes at him.

snake has the advantage, I don't know who's better but MK needs to rely on edge guards to win, but a lot of the best snakes just up B really high and at a steep angle to the top of the screen and don't give me a chance to do that

also don't say snake can't land, he can footstool peoples heads if you try to stay over them the whole time (dsf learned this playing me) and also randomly bair or nair instead of air dodging, mix up fast falls, hold grenades, and c4/nade momentum cancel in the air (move one direction in air, press B, then immediately press left or right to shift your weight).

When DSF came to crit hit 3 we played MK vs Snake for like 5 hours, I won about 80% of the matches, and I won about 90% of the matches with DDD vs Snake (I'll admit he sucks at the matchup, but I think DDD only has a small advantage, and when DSF tried his DDD vs my Snake I won about 3/4 or 4/5ths of the matches, because I realize DDD is limited and I'm not going to stupidly F Tilt DDD's shield).

I really believe Snake is just as good as MK if you play perfectly and campy enough, but no one is that level yet, and it probably won't happen. That won't change my opinion of the character, though. The only way Snake is disadvantaged vs anyone is if you get the opportunity to gimp him or edge guard him, I think Snake and Olimar are the 2 strongest characters on the stage though, except Snake has more ways around being gimped and Olimar is more limited.

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
Agreed, Snake might have a upper hand when it comes to both players having equal skill levels...

And sometimes aggressive edge guarding is also tough to do on snakes...
I've seen pretty good Snakes and they also kill MKs at a ridiculously low percentage. (Boot anyone?)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
no, nuro, it looks like YOUR info is incorrect.

Training Mode is different than Vs mode. Have you not read my allisbrawl topic?

I made this topic months ago, you should read it - http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=6559&page=1

basically what it says is that Training Mode is different than Vs mode. Vs mode moves are stronger (for the first use) than Training Mode. DDD's up tilt kills Marth at exactly 100 in training mode, but 94 in vs mode. Sakurai is a ***** for doing that. That's why I have to do the boring, time consuming process of testing anything im curious about in Vs mode instead, but most of the time I just get estimations.

samdaballer

Smash Ace
if there was a snake that played snake on the same level as i
snake has the advantage, I don't know who's better but MK needs to rely on edge guards to win, but a lot of the best snakes just up B really high and at a steep angle to the top of the screen and don't give me a chance to do that
this pretty much sums it up. Good to have you back active on smashboards m2k :)

dingding

Smash Ace
i'd say snake has advantage over MK since u can gernade camp any aggresive mk player or tornado spammer and u can just spam ur tilts which do like 15-21% while mk's moves are weak and fresh up tilts kill metas at mid 80s to low 90 % and snake gotta be like 120+ % for meta to land a good d smash to probaly k.o. or if ur good at gimping off the edge and playing edge games with snake.. so yeah thats kinda hard..

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Snake:MK is 55:45 Snake, possible 60:40. But Im a firm believer that MK is the better character, MK cannot be put into a vulnerable position....ever. Snake in the air and off the edge is in a bad position.

Max Ketchum

Wow guys, thanks a ton, especially M2K. Any other opinions are still greatly welcomed.

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
Im not 100% on this but id say MK is better because hes not gay like snake is.(but as much as i hate to say it snake has the advantage because he can kill him at such low % hes the ultmate counter to MK.)(but i did see infiniys MK beat ice's snake so i guess it depends id say about 50/50 leaning towrd snake beacouse hes hard to edge gaurd and he can kill MK at low %.)(bottom line snake is gay and MK still rules!)

Krayn

Smash Apprentice
You cant say how good a character is just because two good people play him and happen to win/lose their matches vs another character.

I'm not exactly sure on who would really win, but ill just say a perfectly played snake vs a perfectly played mk would be a very interesting match. But i dont think that will happen soon :( lol.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
1 of the 2's metagame is just going to eventually break down or stop evolving and then they'll drop down a bit just like Shiek did in Melee.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Well actually there was at the AiB chat. AllyOrNotAlly, probaly one of the best or is the best Snake against Clouderz, probaly 2nd or 3rd to M2K imo and a few others, but not sure if either have a SWF account.

Don't think it was recorded but Cloud's MK ended up winning the set.

It was spectated by itsaxelol. Ask for proof lol.

EDIT: It was online btw. >.<

Max Ketchum

You cant say how good a character is just because two good people play him and happen to win/lose their matches vs another character.
^ This. Also, I'm just gonna make the speculation that MK's metagame will stop evolving before Snake's does. Snake has so many crazy options and many things he can do with the stage to flip the match in his favor. He also has a crazy moveset outside of these stage limitating things that just complement them.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Well actually there was at the AiB chat. AllyOrNotAlly, probaly one of the best or is the best Snake against Clouderz, probaly 2nd or 3rd to M2K imo and a few others, but not sure if either have a SWF account.

Don't think it was recorded but Cloud's MK ended up winning the set.

It was spectated by itsaxelol. Ask for proof lol.

EDIT: It was online btw. >.<
Have you played Clouderz IRL? Has he been to the East Coast? No offense to him, but he's probably not all that great...

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
As to why I said online. But I am pretty sure he is not alot below M2K.

And it was my opinion. RedHalberd also posted about him in the thread "Best Metaknight". You should check what he said.

Buuman

Smash Ace
DK is nothing. Snake on the other hand..if u let your guard down for a second BOOM...you just got his by the f til that has the speed of a jab and the power of a smash and did 21%. Then u have his up tilt that out ranges MKs glide attack. Snake has the nades..so if you throw out ANY ATTACK (any disjointed hitbox) its gonna blow. My best advice against a SMART snake is be patient, grab alot on the stage, and then when u do get him off try to gimp him. If he comes from above attempt a tornado kill. I learned alot from playing corts snake at OSTOTEs

M@v

Subarashii!
MK is by far the best character in the game. He has no "counter", making him almost indestructable. Snake and DK are decent against him but thats about it. At least with snake he got bad matchups, fox being one of them (Take THAT snake =D). I have yet to find a good way to fight MK....

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
MK is by far the best character in the game. He has no "counter", making him almost indestructable. Snake and DK are decent against him but thats about it. At least with snake he got bad matchups, fox being one of them (Take THAT snake =D). I have yet to find a good way to fight MK....
Fox counters Snake? LOL gtfo I don't believe that for one second.

Buuman

Smash Ace
"Cheap" is just another way of saying "I'm not good enough to beat them."
Well said bro. Most people ***** about MK snake...theyre not impossible to beat. Just more difficult and require more thinking. People are just lazy and wanna find another excuse for losing.

Top Bottom