• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mk Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I realize that, and at this point I'm not even arguing for not banning the cape completely; I'm showing people the reasoning behind the SBR's decision.
I see.

Don't get a PS3! BlazBlue is out for 360 too.
Well, yeah, but I hate the 360 lineup. Its all so boring to me, I love crazy game design, not FPS after FPS. But that's off topic xD

I almost wish they would have just given us Melee online.
So that people could wobble? (nah I tease)

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Hm, I just now realized the difference between EDC and IDC all rests on semantics.
Talk about annoying.

:093:

Mewter

Smash Master
Hm, I just now realized the difference between EDC and IDC all rests on semantics.
Talk about annoying.

Praxis just enlightened me/us to how EDC works. Granted, it works the same way as the method described here (C-Sticking), but it can in no way last as long and it is physically discernible due to separate button input.

So it isn't based on semantics if you choose the alternate method over C-Sticking.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Praxis just enlightened me/us to how EDC works. Granted, it works the same way as the method described here (C-Sticking), but it can in no way last as long and it is physically discernible due to separate button input.

So it isn't based on semantics if you choose the alternate method over C-Sticking.
Actually, it is still based upon semantics even after I read that
Here's the difference:
IDC includes EDC if IDC is ANY extension of the dimensional cape
IDC does not include EDC if IDC is simply an extension of the dimensional cape USING THE C-STICK.
Lol. Same thing except for "using the c-stick" as the difference.

RDK

Smash Hero
Actually, it is still based upon semantics even after I read that
Here's the difference:
IDC includes EDC if IDC is ANY extension of the dimensional cape
IDC does not include EDC if IDC is simply an extension of the dimensional cape USING THE C-STICK.
Lol. Same thing except for "using the c-stick" as the difference.

But that's exactly the point; EDC isn't ban-worthy unless the C-stick is implemented. Therefore, any use of the C-stick in extending the cape is banned.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
But that's exactly the point; EDC isn't ban-worthy unless the C-stick is implemented. Therefore, any use of the C-stick in extending the cape is banned.
Old rule set doesn't include the C-stick part. =/

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
EDC? Don't you mean IDC? EDC probably won't land you very much farther than a regular Down B will, but the line is very arbitrary.

Let's set something straight. A picture demonstrating the length of a normal DC on Final Destination. Credits to the YouTube video I cropped the pictures from:

Now, in comparison to the entire stage, along with a comparison to a (black) couple-taps EDC:

Anyways, does this look broken? I don't think I'm in a position to tell. :)

Edit:
And also, I might be a bit too generous when it comes to the length given by a couple of taps.

It goes further than that. You can cross the entire stage with it. At least last I heard, you just couldn't turn it around, or do it in place.

See?
Your information is wrong.

Mewter

Smash Master
Your information is wrong.
Thanks for telling me that after I was already made aware that I was wrong about EDC. :p
Moral of the story: ask a smash expert about all frame data and AT's next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom