• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK Dittos How MK can stop a MK tornado spammer

Tomanator33

Smash Apprentice
What is a good way for MK to stop another MK that does almost nothing but the Tornado to build up damage. Also any advise on any other characters I use would be helpful, Marth, D3, and Pit. THX in advance for any advise.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
dair from above or another tornado are probably the best options to stop a tornado while its going. any attack while its starting up will stop him from beginning the move, and a properly timed fsmash or fair will break a tornado as well. If they are spamming the tornado alot, chances are they are giving you alot of openings to punish the move as well. try to catch him during fallspecial or before he recovers after using it.

I know marth can counter the tornado, and probably fsmash. i dont play ddd or pit, so i dont want to tell you something thats not correct.

Dojo

Smash Champion
A new tornado will outprioritize the first tornado most of the time. Spaced fairs and bairs can do it too as well as dairs from up top.

Marths counter will get it. Along with a dair from up top too.

D3 is just a dodge and grab system. I'm not completely sure but i think a ftilt might cancel it.

Can't help you with pit. Sorry.

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
I've said this many times before, I just discovered it through much play:

when both players are using their tornado on each other, the winning player (the player who will go through his/her opponent's tornado and damage the other MK) is the one who started his/her tornado most recently. For example, if you use your tornado and then try to come attack me, I can then use my tornado and collide with yours, resulting in your tornado being negated (tornado disappears and you're left to be punished) and my tornado being the one to deal the damage.

Also, the same rules apply if you are fighting a Kirby and he has stolen your tornado ability, the last tornado made wins.

GodotAA

Smash Ace
you could try to force him into the air causing him to go into fallspecial. and then work with that.

and non e of dededes attacks can go through the tornado. only gordos from my expierience

the great jonzales

Smash Cadet
hmm, suppose i don't need to mention any more mk stuff, it's pretty much all there,
i play DDD quite a bit, err, spam WD and hope for a gordo? and also super DDD jump? you'll get alota lag but that's prob bout i, i think u might be able to inhale him also ?!?!?1

IDK

Smash Lord
if you play diddy or lucas... lucas PK fire will get him out of it and diddys banana MIGHT.

angelspe3d

Smash Journeyman
let me just first say in MK dittos.... it is point less to tornado....unless u are doing an up air combo and tornado them out of the ceiling
but the tornado is out prioritized by many things.... simle forward tilt... dsmash and dair are most usefull
when u play mk dittos.... it pretty much all about dairs f tilts up bs and the occasional dsmash for the win....

Top Bottom