• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK has a chaingrab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICANTCOUNT123456

Smash Journeyman
Hi, just in case this is old, before you all flame me, I'd just like to point out.

1. I don't play MK, and thus I barely know anything about his current metagame status, well exept for the cape trick. I barely play Brawl now, so I don't visit Smashboards very much anymore.

2. I do not have a video recorder, but you are welcome to make one.

So, I was messing around with Snake, and I noticed, MK has a chaingrab only on heavy characters on somewhat low percents (Snake got out around 60%). As you all know, MK has a good dash grab, there is little to no ending lag on his down throw, and D-throw doesn't send them too far, if you combine these traits, you have a chain grab. It's not as good as Dedede's/IC's/Falco's CG, but it's still there.

TL;DR: D-throw is a chaingrab, and you have to be fast to nail it.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
but its in the di though, but yea i can nail up to 4-5 on snake 3-4 on Dk 6 on bowser 3-4 on ddd and i do not bother with ike lol not so hard really but yea gotta be quick right after u finish the last frame of the d-throw. it's good tech against ppl who like shielding first when u approach its hysterical when naild right xD

Shears

Smash Master
noobs. this is old, he doesnt have a chaingrab, just a good dash grab and a good dthrow. if any character DIs up and jumps, they dont get grabbed. noobs think this is a chaingrab and only on noobs can you successfully perform this tech chase. delete this thread cuz its trash. and you deserved to be flamed because:

1. if you dont play metaknight, dont think youve discovered something about metaknight because here everyone plays metaknight and most of these kids have played metaknight for a while. if he did have a chaingrab we woudlve known, if he didnt we also wouldve known, and you should know we wouldve known because this is the metaknight thread so you shouldve known that your post would be pointless. i dont play golf, so why would i tell tiger woods how to play golf? dont tell us how to play the character you dont know how to play.

2. if you dont play brawl much and dont visit smashboards much then youve admitted to being ignorant about the mechanics, techniques, styles, and character information of brawl. so the one time you played you thought there was a chaingrab and you thought that this one time you played you discovered something no one else has discovered? i dont get where you decided that you could bare us knowledge that we wouldnt already have.

3. honestly if you know youre ignorant (which you admitted to) then you should know your less knowledgable than those who play the game (which is what ignorance is). so by knowing youre ignorant, dont try to influence the knowledgable. which means dont post something you so easily found out about on a game you dont play with a character you wouldnt play if you played the game, because you can safely assume we already know. now youll catch the handful of scrubs who are in the same position youre in and think this is a ground breaking discovery, because chances are they suck at the game and play with people who suck at the game (thats why the suck). so that handful of noobs, if practiced, could successfully pull off this tech chase on their noob friends.

its not that we already know this that i flame you, its the fact that you think with your absence of brawl experience and metaknight understanding you could introduce us to something that none of the thousands of metaknight players would know about. so lesson to be learned: dont post anything until youve played metaknight frequently as your main, have played brawl for at least a month constantly, and have already read and searched through these threads and forums so you dont make a fool of yourself.

zaf

Smash Lord
jesus **** shears, you are a god **** prick.
did you really need to make a huge post to flame the guy?
he already explained himself, no need to jump all over him.
im a great mk player who knows all about his throws and you dont see flaming the guy

next time, shut your mouth. there is no need to flame. it is cuz of people like you, that most forums are bad at times. the useless flaming

Shears

Smash Master
jesus **** shears, you are a god **** prick.
did you really need to make a huge post to flame the guy?
he already explained himself, no need to jump all over him.
im a great mk player who knows all about his throws and you dont see flaming the guy

next time, shut your mouth. there is no need to flame. it is cuz of people like you, that most forums are bad at times. the useless flaming
my biggest pet peeve is ignorance; argumentative ignorance, deliberate ignorance, ignorant agreements, endorsement to ignorance. read my reasoning behind why i flamed him, its not about the throws thats why you dont flame him. conformity to ignorance is just as bad and its ignorance that makes this world full of apathetic, careless, and unproductive people. so dont be politically correct and tell the kid its alright to be unknowledgeable and thoughtless, but flame him for not thinking before he posted, for his carelessness and his ignorance.

next time think before you open your mouth. its people like you and him that most forums are filled with useless threads. the ignorant and careless posts.

zaf

Smash Lord
my biggest pet peeve is ignorance; argumentative ignorance, deliberate ignorance, ignorant agreements, endorsement to ignorance. read my reasoning behind why i flamed him, its not about the throws thats why you dont flame him. conformity to ignorance is just as bad and its ignorance that makes this world full of apathetic, careless, and unproductive people. so dont be politically correct and tell the kid its alright to be unknowledgeable and thoughtless, but flame him for not thinking before he posted, for his carelessness and his ignorance.

next time think before you open your mouth. its people like you and him that most forums are filled with useless threads. the ignorant and careless posts.
Watch out, the guy is ignorant. He doesn't play mk, play the game often or even come to the forums often, but who cares. As soon as you read a few lines of the post you know it is going to be useless information about mk. Since he doesn't even play the char. I read it and was like "pointless thread", but honeslty found no need to tell the guy.

It's the fact that you could of easily just closed the thread and moved on with your life. Do you really need to spend, what 10-15 minutes flaming the guy? Is he honestly going to care?

Do you have any idea how may useless threads there are in swf? Are you going to go to every single one and preach your sad little story? No you aren't. So just leave the guy alone.

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
noobs. this is old, he doesnt have a chaingrab, just a good dash grab and a good dthrow. if any character DIs up and jumps, they dont get grabbed. noobs think this is a chaingrab and only on noobs can you successfully perform this tech chase. delete this thread cuz its trash. and you deserved to be flamed because:

1. if you dont play metaknight, dont think youve discovered something about metaknight because here everyone plays metaknight and most of these kids have played metaknight for a while. if he did have a chaingrab we woudlve known, if he didnt we also wouldve known, and you should know we wouldve known because this is the metaknight thread so you shouldve known that your post would be pointless. i dont play golf, so why would i tell tiger woods how to play golf? dont tell us how to play the character you dont know how to play.

2. if you dont play brawl much and dont visit smashboards much then youve admitted to being ignorant about the mechanics, techniques, styles, and character information of brawl. so the one time you played you thought there was a chaingrab and you thought that this one time you played you discovered something no one else has discovered? i dont get where you decided that you could bare us knowledge that we wouldnt already have.

3. honestly if you know youre ignorant (which you admitted to) then you should know your less knowledgable than those who play the game (which is what ignorance is). so by knowing youre ignorant, dont try to influence the knowledgable. which means dont post something you so easily found out about on a game you dont play with a character you wouldnt play if you played the game, because you can safely assume we already know. now youll catch the handful of scrubs who are in the same position youre in and think this is a ground breaking discovery, because chances are they suck at the game and play with people who suck at the game (thats why the suck). so that handful of noobs, if practiced, could successfully pull off this tech chase on their noob friends.

its not that we already know this that i flame you, its the fact that you think with your absence of brawl experience and metaknight understanding you could introduce us to something that none of the thousands of metaknight players would know about. so lesson to be learned: dont post anything until youve played metaknight frequently as your main, have played brawl for at least a month constantly, and have already read and searched through these threads and forums so you dont make a fool of yourself.
Shears, please calm the hel.......wait a second...*reads above post* dammit Zaf, beat me to it. >.>

CorruptFate

The Corrupted

The guy tries to help and you attack him. All you had to say was "Ya this is know nice try though" it happens in everythread alot of ideas and AT's are found by people who don't main the person they found the AT for.

It is ok for him not to know somthing thats how you learn. You don't need to attack him for not knowing somthing. There is stuff you don't know and I will put money down that you brought it up to someone who did know it. Stop thinking your the best and that people trying to help is the root of all the problems in the world.

By the way my pet peeve is jack ***** who flame others for trying to advance the meta game.

Shears

Smash Master
you all are ********. america offers a public school education for free i recommend you all try it out and learn how to read because obviously my message wasnt understood the 2 times i said it. you zaf have an excuse, youre from canada.

kupo15

Smash Hero
While this was very known, debunked, w/e, he is trying to help. You should have not said anything. There have been many threads in the pit forums that are pointless and I chose not to answer them instead of always saying, "Please post in the Q&A thread" We once had three threads entitled, "Pit can charge his arrows!" or some variation of that within a week!!! No lie!

We at the Pits forum dont flame and Im glad because instead of flaming what appears to be useless threads, we build upon it and something does come from it. There have been a couple of AT's or good techniques found through "useless threads" through looking at it a different way. Back when the game first came out, the Craqwalk was introduced and was not accepted well. I realized just recently that it is a great tech especially for Pit and use it a lot.

Yes ignorance is really annoying but its better if you dont say anything and let other ppl waste their time responding to it. You never know, but he could be the person to discover the next AT or tech. Flaming discourages growth which is what everyone wants, I think.

Shears

Smash Master
its morons like you guys why i stopped posting on these threads in the first place. i think you all convinced me youre too stupid to learn something. have fun virtually sucking each others ***** because im done with you clowns. eat **** snitches!!

ADHD

Smash Hero
you all are ********. america offers a public school education for free i recommend you all try it out and learn how to read because obviously my message wasnt understood the 2 times i said it. you zaf have an excuse, youre from canada.
That gave me a laugh.

unit182

Smash Apprentice
Hey shears, maybe this article will help you out http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Nice . Because y'know, being ignorant means not knowing something, so doesn't that mean being angry at someone who doesn't know any better is like being angry that the ocean has a tide

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
This is already known, thanks.

<No one else posts after>

That's what I should be seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom