• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK Uses Autopilot?!?!

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Alright, so i was cruising through the Captain Falcon forums and i came across this:

From the "Help against Metakinght" topic OP:
[Meta Knight]'s very frustrating because most metaknight users only have an inkling of skill and let the character itself take care of everything else.
:ohwell:

Whats up with people thinking MK users have little or no skill? Its starting to get annoying.

Rawrness

Smash Journeyman
Because MK is a button-mashing character that is easy to pick up and owns at the same time.

GodotAA

Smash Ace
i agree that metaknight is an easier character to use but to say something like that is just stupid.
To get better then mach tornado with metaknight is much harder to do.

chili

Smash Cadet
Sure, Meta Knight is easy to pick up, but it still takes a lot of skill to be 'professional' level (I know there aren't pros yet...but you get what I mean) with him, just like any other character. To be the best (with ANY character), requires an immense amount of skill. If people think Meta Knight is so broken and easy to win with; they should either use him or just shut the hell up.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Meta Knight has been considered Top Tier Material since E4All since he picks up faster than Melee's Sheik and is easier to own with than Melee's Sheik. Thats why everyone thinks you need NO Skill to use Meta Knight, and all you are is a lucky n00b.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Whether MK is easy to pick up or not is irrelevant. In the end, it boils down to the player with the most skill.

Also, for some reason I was expecting the topic to be about Shuttle Loop. :dizzy:

RATED

Smash Lord
they think that bcuz, I will show some of the things:

1. MK does not requires speed in your fingers so much, but it requires a great intelligence bcuz u have to know where and when to attack ur opponent or u get pawned

2. Mk can be used as counterpick for a great number of characters, but the strongest ones are not counterpicked by mk, example: Snake, ROB.

3. If they can't beat a MK they aren't skillfull enough and frustrations attack them.

4. MK do to require skill bcuz to defeat the ones that have adv tech or characters like ROB and Snake u have to be really skilled.

5. Bcuz I think so!

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Sure, Meta Knight is easy to pick up, but it still takes a lot of skill to be 'professional' level (I know there aren't pros yet...but you get what I mean) with him, just like any other character. To be the best (with ANY character), requires an immense amount of skill. If people think Meta Knight is so broken and easy to win with; they should either use him or just shut the hell up.
QFT

I just wonder how long it will be before people understand that.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Oh so if you cut a Metaknight he does bleed too? I wonder if you all will stop picking on Pit players now that you know how much it hurts. /emo

Anyway just so I don't get flamed, I was just kidding. It's true that most Metaknights play n00bishly. But that's only because the character's so awesome that everyone including the n00bs flock to him. In other words, more people play Metaknight then any other character and with that the n00b to competitive ratio seems inflated. Nothing to be ashamed of because MK will always be a popular character.

And yeah, to prove this my Pit's hardest match-up is Metaknight, yet I'm sure I've multi-stocked more Metaknights then any other character. Talk about lop-sided.

Amide

Smash Lord
I'll give the guy some instructions to use with his "knowledge"

1. Play Meta Knight twice or so

2. Go to a tournament

3. Wath yourself get crushed

4. Learn

Cyberfrost849

Smash Rookie
easy to pick up? I had the hardest time with MK, i thought you had to know him insde and out, but i guess some people just kind of 'pick him up XD'

I feel in my own opinion he takes alot of skill to use since his attacks are not very strong, and you have to know when to use the right attack because honestly i cannot play as MK XDD(he's just NOT my character...) he's a combo machine from what i've seen though

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
I must be the only person or idiot in the world that can't play with metaknight, like seriously, but some how i manage to win???

Shackel11

Smash Cadet
Mach Tornado. Nuff' said.

Problem is with the Pit players, is that Pit was MADE to be a noob, and that's why I haven't seen a Pit who DOESNT only use his B-moves.

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight still takes skill to play its not like you start picking up Meta Knight and u just own every1 but i started Meta Knight not to long ago and im beating alot more people then i used to and going further into tournys but thats nothing to complaing about for the people i beat. Ive seen Meta Knight lose and Snake is 10x more annoying then Meta

SmashMan_026

Smash Apprentice
i dont see why people say MK uses autopilot. no character does. the first time i played brawl, i chose MK because i knew i would like him, and i do. i got derstroyed by a lvl 3, and im very good at smash bros games. i won a melee tourney at my church group, which is run by a fellow smasher.. if that dosent say that it takes skil, idk what does.

Top Bottom