• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Oh I see. I had a feeling that other one was about Snake or something but then I got confused when I temporarily thought you wrote Snake one already lol.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I might actually download the word file and post the download link here if I finish these 2 guides. This way everyone will be able to have all my guides in 1 single file which makes it easier to find. =)

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Hey guys, since Nado is countered by the bombs Snake pulls out, I was wondering if there's any proper way to approach Snake. What do you think is the best way? I'm for Down-B slide (maybe attack too) after getting close, then immediate Ftilt.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I don't know... frankly I have no idea. But I agree that nado against bomb is a bad idea. If these bombs are grenades, I would rather jump away and then probably d-air if I know I can hit.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Hey guys, since Nado is countered by the bombs Snake pulls out, I was wondering if there's any proper way to approach Snake. What do you think is the best way? I'm for Down-B slide (maybe attack too) after getting close, then immediate Ftilt.
You don't always want to go for ftilt, because you risk getting ftilted yourself, which is a bigger risk imo, since snake fftilting you does so much damage. You want to generally stay in the air, punish his landings, as well as recovery. Snake gets ***** in the air. Go practice gimping level 9 snakes in training mode. Only tornado if you know it's going to poke his shield (i mean 100 percent sure it will hit, if you don't think it's going to poke, don't ****ing do it), and if he doesn't have a grenade (most of the time), because you'll blow up and trade damage, and snake's love to trade damage since they live for ****ing ever. You have to play super patient. I suck at this MU because I love to run in and push buttons. *shrug*

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Also, learn to read shielding patterns, grabbing a lot early on the match adds pressure and forces opponents to do stuff quickly, which leads to them making mistakes or getting predictable. Grab is awesome. MK's is awesomer because of its range.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Against Snake, early on I use down throw a lot and then start to use back throw and up throw in the high percents, to get Snake into the air.

Is this a good idea? Is there a better option against a good Snake like MVD or Ally?

Exdeath

Smash Master
Against Snake, early on I use down throw a lot and then start to use back throw and up throw in the high percents, to get Snake into the air.

Is this a good idea? Is there a better option against a good Snake like MVD or Ally?
Pretty much every character wants :snake: with frame advantage (Uthrow is bad for this), in the air, and preferably off-stage because :snake: is essentially a low tier character that is limited to punishing mistakes while in that position. Furthermore, :snake:'s weight necessitates the use of positive momentum to use your kill move(s) closer to the blast zone (s) in order to compensate for the relatively low knock back growth against him. Moves with high base knock back will kill :snake: just about as well as a lighter character in the same position, which is why if you can Up-B :snake: near the side blast zone it will likely kill him.

As such, you want to use throws for a situation. The best situations are: Direct combos (e.g. Dthrow>re-grab at low %); near-total option coverage (e.g. placing them above you so that they will eventually be able to contest with you, but won't be able to unless you make a mistake with spacing Uair to the point that they are essentially left choosing how they take the attack and hoping that you make a mistake); forced situational follow-ups (e.g. placing them above :metaknight: at a slight angle so that they can't hit him and are vulnerable to either an early aerial attack, an attack timed to punish their air dodge/landing), or something that covers both (i.e. tornado); implied situational follow-ups (e.g. someone being on a platform, where they then want to change position because they are both unable to attack and also more vulnerable to being shield poked by a larger variety of attacks, but aren't forced to like when gravity pulls them to land somewhere).

Brawl is a surprisingly single player game so the best option tends to still be the best option. Reads will differ on a player by player basis, but the options themselves don't truly change for either character. Keep in mind that these situations are mainly good because you will almost always know exactly where your opponent is going and that you have the ability to act on this information. In other words, you can create identically rewarding situations if you read your opponent.

I just woke up from a nap so I hope that this is comprehensible.

etecoon

Smash Hero
patience. picking your spots is just as important as what option you lead off with, running straight at snake with -anything- is forfeiting your speed and reach advantage.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
lol how come you have no Brawl disc and yet you are a mod :troll: By the way, if you have a capture card then you don't have to worry about hacking all that?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I am a mod because don't have a Brawl disc, so I can spend time here monitoring you guys lol
If you had asked "how come you have no Brawl disc and yet you are a BBR member?", in which case I would've been unable to justify myself lol

I have a capture card, but in order to play and record I need either to adapt to a hideous lag, or more cablework, and both are annoying, so it's easier to play, save and record later.
Also, I like hacks (mostly music and sound hacks), and my computer isn't powerful enough to edit an ISO, so I rather just Riivolution through them... but in order to use Riivolution I do need a Disc.
Also also, for some reason I can't get my USB Loaders to work.

btw, we are supposed not to talk much about hacks here....

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Oh ok, I will be careful about that discussion.
Hmm, massive lag.... Welp, my hope for replays got crushed lol. May be some other day.
Also, lol that'd be weird if you were on BBR as well.
And looks like this board's got someone that's watching and monitoring us.... Need to plan an escape soon then!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
But I AM on the BBR!
Can you see that "
" icon next to the Meta Knight one? that's the sign.

Also, that's a good point, new thread title ideas, anyone?

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
Any good MK vs Fox vids that are any recent? Just started playing with a Fox and I have no clue on what to do lmao.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Well, for starters, you can always gimp Fox during his recovery because you are a MK after all. You might want to keep Fox offstage as long and as much as possible. This is coming from a Fox main and I feel like I am betraying my fellow Fox mains lol. On stage, it might be so that Fox would be great against MK if a Fox knows what he is doing. But generally, Fox is outranged and out-prioritized. I think I am stating what you already know though. But main point would be to keep Fox off stage because that is when MK's advantage comes in to play. You can search Youtube for Tyrant and TKD to see what a Fox main may be capable of.

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
Yeah, my biggest problem is that I really can't figure out how to pressure Fox. I always have to let him go and do his thing. I also can't get any solid damage in on him. Edge-guarding and gimping aren't really any problems. Is Dair SDIable?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I have a capture card...however it's so unbelievably bad on my current setup it's useless. it only does black and white and the audio desync is a marvel to behold

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
you kind of edge guard fox Like Falco. He has the same problems as falco. Other than that try Otori,Kakera or Rain vs Yui.

Edit: every move in Brawl is SDI able except for Marths tipper Fsmash iirc

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
Yeah, but I mean like, reliably SDIable, like Snakes Nair (Big difference but you get what I mean)

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Yes again you can SDI it to avoid some of the follow ups or to pop farther away. when you are airborne and he dairs just SDI up and he will end up below you. I actually can't make the fox guide yet even though I would love to.

I like to approach Fox grounded since he doesn't really has options to combat my spaced tilts. He will not Usmash you at low% that fast since it will stale Usmash even though it's still really reaaly strong if stale. You should shieldgrab or GSL all of his arials on reaction and once he lands close with a arial it's a free nair. He will not jump if you are close because this puts him in bad positions if you are grounded. Other then that I mostly play like it's Falco without a god like Jab =)

Guys add me on facebook or skype. That way you can ask me personal questions about mu's and other stuff. My user name is Gijs de Veer in both

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Been dead for a while... So I summon my powers trying to revive this thread into a zombie.... Anyways, how you dewin' batz? Also anyone play as a pink MK when they play?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
'one of them smashfests' referring to which smashfests in particular?
He's kinda a secret to the rest of the UK community atm...barring the guys who i train it against XD

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Red MK? Basically Otori's color (right?), well can't say I did not expect that :p Oh and glad to see another default one :)

Top Bottom