• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
^ Should I just leave then?

There's nothing to develop, so there's no point.

Woody and I have been finding new stuff. Also with that attitude she's going to stay in F-tier. This is why Jiggz is truly ****ed, because the people playing her have this mindset. Ganondorf is a far worse character than her but they still make an effort to develop him.

Staco

Smash Champion
new ava :)
man I hate that the ava size for swf is so small :s
the original pic is so **** sexy

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
No he's definitely right. And I would main IC's in brawl but it takes too much work to do it in melee as well.
The work and commitment are worth the awesome feeling of getting chain grabs and hobbles off.

Ice Climbers in Melee are easier than in Brawl. I got it on Halloween for the first time, went to training mode and did a quick grab combo with them. I completely suck at Melee, too.

Turazrok

Smash Master
The work and commitment are worth the awesome feeling of getting chain grabs and hobbles off.

Ice Climbers in Melee are easier than in Brawl. I got it on Halloween for the first time, went to training mode and did a quick grab combo with them. I completely suck at Melee, too.
I combo dsmash-dsmash. And I tried. But it's so much easier to just pick MK.

etecoon

Smash Hero
falco doesn't beat MK

at least you're not one of those people that would've said snake...

Player-4

See you in 25 years
On Final Destination.

Most stages I'll give MK like a 1 point advantage but it's very even.

MK > Snake in air and off stage

Snake > MK on ground (which is the majority of the time)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Those 70% attack strings Snake is frame trapped into are tasty for MK.

But of course it's an even matchup. Which is why Ally still fills our hearts with glorious video of him playing Snake against...

Oh wait. Now he's starting to play MK.

Lol. Seriously, you could argue for 55:45, but 5:5 is out of the question. Arguing that it's in Snake's favor is even more absurd, or that Snake is the best character in the game. That too would be silly. Don't fall into the Inui trap.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Why do you like starting arguments with me everywhere?

I know now that it's not in Snakes favor but there are times when it's 50-50. It will never be less than 55-45. I've also never seen this "70% attack string" MK has on Snake.

If you've got something to show me though, then I'll be more than happy to accept what you're saying.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
LOL you made it sound like it was guaranteed. I would like to see that work on a different stage. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the first part of Castle Siege is the smallest stage out of any stage?

And that was very avoidable, if Ally didn't pull the nade to begin the match he would have given himself better options.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Most of what M2K does is guaranteed. Weak Nair to grab? Guaranteed. Uair frame trap into free hit? Guaranteed.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Okay but you made it sound like it's a free 70%. I think the best is what? Free 35%? Half of what you're saying. The rest has to be followed up, which gives Snake a chance to hit back, thus making it not a free 70%.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hit back with what? An aerial? Where none of them will beat out a proper MK aerial?

Trust me, go look at the clips. Ally tries EVERYTHING. Dair, Nair, Uair, Bair, Nade Pull, etc. MK has an answer to it all the majority of the time, and he forces Snake to do a LOT more work than MK to get out of that spot. Snake has nothing even comparable in that regard.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
No, I mean once MK gets off his U-air string to either Nado or Nair what can he do before they hit the ground?
After that string, it's 35%. I'm saying before MK can get to the 70% you're talking about, Snake can do something about it.

Staco

Smash Champion
maybe should have tried to up b out of it, but dunno
and it doesnt happen every stock that mk gets an easy 70% frametrap, lol

OverLade

Smash Hero
I play this matchup at a high level from both sides and I think it's 55-45 MK's advantage. He simply gets more reward per punish. But keep in mind that Ally isn't even really camping at all. Fighting against CO18 or HRNUT's snake is far more irritating than playing against Ally, because Ally takes risks. He's just extremely smart and knowledgeable about what he does when which is why the punishment he takes is usually minimal but he "could" camp harder if he wanted to. I think the matchup could potentially be 50-50, though I think the matchup is just harder to learn from the snake side, as MK's all play differently and you have to be used to so many more scenarios.

Top Bottom