• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

Jem.

Smash Master
lol @ neighbor playing brawl. Lemme guess, he played MK. Those arn't really ig name pros, in fact i've played so much halo i don't even care when i meet up with them in MLG unlike if i saw pistola id be like holy **** its pistola. Even though SK was never really on par with the big shots on their team (hysteria, neighbor, fearitself, pistola, heinz, etc.) he still was the glue that held that team together.
nope, neighbor mained marth in melee so he used marth in brawl too. he got gimped a lot. he doesn't understand why people don't use metaknight.. lol. he watched me in singles for a bit and was just like "why doesn't everyone use metaknight if he has a clear advantage over everyone?" lol.

man, faruq just got kicked off master chef. he's a commentator/guy for MLG. he is cool too so that sucks.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
u mad bout somethin
lol u know i just playin dawg

I still don't see why the anime has to explain EVERYTHING. I completly understand where your coming from but seriously, can't you just enjoy the show for what it is?
If I could enjoy the show I would.

LOL @ ichigo being overpowered. Are you kidding me? He's prob the weakest character in the whole show (unless he goes full hollow). Aizen is the overpowered one and yes bleach is suffering from DBZ syndrome.
In nearly every fight he's in, Ichigo is beaten to the brink of death and then uses the power of deus ex machina to defeat his opponent. That's a specific type of overpowered that's called "being the main character in a shounen series".

But yeah, Aizen is overpowered too. They've both grown absurdly overpowered for the sole purpose of plot convenience.

Also it never explains why they use swords, I'm sure if a shinigami decided to be diferent and use a gun instead of a sword he would be a **** load stronger than the rest for obvious reasons.
Have you ever been dead? No? Then I guess you really can't have any perspective on what the afterlife is like.

The Spirit World (or whatever they call it, I can't remember off the top of my head) is a ficticious plane of existence so the author can feel free to justify it however he wants. If it was just another part of Earth, then he'd need to explain why it has a Japanese motif.

And frankly, I'm surprised we haven't seen any shinigami with guns yet.

God dammit I haven't gotten that far yet you ****bag
Oh.

Spoilers.

How far is the anime now?

Fairy Tale is like One Piece, just slightly less WTFAWGWT Syndrome.
The current manga story arc is definitely a case of whatever you just said. It's still a good manga though and I like it a lot.

One Piece has been around for like 15 years, so of course it's going to have weird plot arcs.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
lain isnt in back room anymore? Good timing, it's a joke now.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I used to play Halo A LOT! I had a clan and we'd play every week. Then **** happened. I don't really like the Halo community at all. Most of them are perverts and sexist *******s. I don't really play Call of Duty much anymore, because there aren't any Nazi's to shoot in it anymore. BRING BACK MY NAZIS! :[

I really enjoy shooters, but most of the shooting games are very cookie cutter imo. Halo 3, Call of Duty 5, Gears of War 3, and so on. Jesus when was the last time someone came up with an original game idea rather than a god **** sequal? (I love you Earthbound)

The only fps game I've been playing lately is Alien versus Predator because I love being an Alien, and tearing human flesh and implanting my eggs into people. :p

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
He was removed for total inactivity a few weeks ago.
is this also why ninjalink chudat were booted too? I know the conspiracy of why Inui was "removed." =/ Some new rule that if you get banned you get tossed out? Must of affected Xyro too. Lol backroom =/ It's okay, I consider you legit. Are you going to the mlg in Dallas? When is it this November?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Yeah Juri. I want to use a female character along with Bison. My Chun has a lot of potential, she was very limited on the pad... i cant really do ex legs or ex spinning bird and those are key to her gameplay, but I still was able to hold my own. It's just Chun can get a little boring, and she is really good in the game. Juri is more fun to use, and isn't as good so I'd like to use her.

Also its fun as hell trolling with her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Saes5aCGkQ4

I'm going to 2nd her unless i hate playing her on the stick.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

Gates

Banned via Warnings
He was removed for total inactivity a few weeks ago.
Yeah that sounds like him.

And I'm not watching the naruto anime, I just stopped picking the manga up after Onemanga went down.
Umm, Madara's evil plan was revealed in October of last year, way before Onemanga went down last month lol.

I don't like playing Chun Li because she's too good.

I'm going to 2nd Juri unless i hate playing her on the stick.
I really don't like Juri's character design and english voice, but she's a decent character overall. Be sure to get her Feung Shui Engine combos and mixups down.

Who needs Starrk when you've got Ulquiorra/Grimmjow? Although I do like Stark as a character :smile:
Who needs either of them when you have better manga than Bleach?

I played Street Fighter II: The World Warrior last night (the very first version of SFII). The computers in that game are so haxy it's hilarious. They're able to do charge moves multiple times without a charge stored. This means that Guile can walk up Flash Kick, Balrog can do 2 Dash Punches in a row, and Bison can combo his Scissor Kicks. I had to face down a Bison who kept comboing his Scissor Kicks at the end of arcade mode and it was so **** hard. When he does 2 Scissor Kicks in a row, it almost always results in you getting stunned, so if you get hit once by them you're practically dead. It's ridiculous lol.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
rofl wow @ that computer Bison. Trolling since his debute, think of all the quarters he stole from people at the arcade

Jem.

Smash Master
I wonder why I'm not in the Back Room.. Been apart of the community since 2003.. (My other accounts, FalcoMasta and Jem, have a much earlier join date!)

etecoon

Smash Hero
if you mean the actual back room, it's not really about how long you've been around, you might not meet their criteria(like being a random that doesn't go to tournaments but wants hanenbow and onett legal?)

if you mean the meta knight back room, character back rooms are pointless and dead in my experience

NNID
Budget_Player
if you mean the actual back room, it's not really about how long you've been around, you might not meet their criteria(like being a random that doesn't go to tournaments but wants hanenbow and onett legal?)
You're terrible, you know that?

@Jem: You have to apply. I'm assuming your credentials are more than enough. You're a top tournament player with a lot of knowledge about the game, right?

etecoon

Smash Hero
cadet is salty because he does in fact want onett legal rofl

just the truth, the BBR has several members that aren't even active tournament goers but many knowledgeable top players aren't members. they seem to choose members at random and that's part of why we got ruleset 3.0

predicting BPC calling me a scrub for not wanting onett

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Yep.

I don't travel for tournaments anymore, but I'm seriously considering making an exception for MLG Dallas. Orlando was amazing.
YAY! I'll be living in Dallas by then and can finally give you your MK plushie! :D

NNID
Budget_Player
cadet is salty because he does in fact want onett legal rofl

just the truth, the BBR has several members that aren't even active tournament goers but many knowledgeable top players aren't members. they seem to choose members at random and that's part of why we got ruleset 3.0

predicting BPC calling me a scrub for not wanting onett
Nah, Onett is back in the "leaning towards ban" category in my eyes. IMO it still needs testing, but I've heard some pretty solid arguments against it.

Top Bottom