• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I think Havok only communicates in morse code by grabbing ledges.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
They have MM's in Pokemon? I know of the competitive Pokemon community, but they primarily use Shoddy Battle.
rofl thats the smogon banwagon who uses shoddy. Good players like me don't even take them seriously because they swing the ban hammer on dragons with w4 and are huge pursuit bait because the people playing are ******* and dont know how to use ice beam. They also buff trick by not allowing mail. Im not going any further.

Any game can have MMs

inb4 gates saying im cocky. u know what i said was true son!

:lick:

Virtual Kruncher

Smash Journeyman
rofl thats the smogon banwagon who uses shoddy. Good players like me don't even take them seriously because they swing the ban hammer on dragons with w4 and are huge pursuit bait because the people playing are ******* and dont know how to use ice beam. They also buff trick by not allowing mail. Im not going any further.

Any game can have MMs

It may be true, but it comes across as bragging.
I'm one of the best BF:BC players right now, do you hear me constantly bragging about that?

All I'm saying is try to phrase it so it doesn't sound so cocky, even if you are the best.

Edit: Quote?

Gates

Banned via Warnings

Any game can have MMs

I honestly don't even care anymore. I thought the Salamence ban was going too far, and now there's talk of Heatran being banned too which is just ********. I really wonder sometimes what the majority of people on Smogon are thinking, if anything. I pretty much just play Ubers now, which Shoddy is good at aside from them still not having integrated Arceus into the metagame, which I assume they will soon. I don't really miss Arceus though because every time I ran into him on Pokemon Online where (he is allowed in Ubers) I lost half my team in the process of taking him out. He's just too **** hard to counter. Black & White is coming out in 2 weeks so whatever.

Dina would probably be complaining about Smogon if the only pokemon they banned was Wobbuffet though lol.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman

Any game can have MMs

Yeah, they really do ban a lot of stuff. I never even understood why Salamence was banned.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Black & White is coming out in 2 weeks so whatever.
yeah this. I feel bad for all the sheep but at least they royally ****ed up the meta game super late on and a new one is going to be born soon. I mean, **** got ****ed up with chomp banned, then they banned latias and mence. AND MENCE ****ING GETS ROBBED 25% WITH STEALTH ROCK. REALLY?

i always said they dumb. so you say they're looking at banning heatran? LOL

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
and yeah arceus scary as ****. Nintendo only legally released level 100 ones so you cant really ev train them, only give 100 evs in each stat

edit: double post oops

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Salamence was banned because Latias was banned and afterwards he didn't have any real counters (other than, you know, Scizor, Metagross, Cresselia, and anything Scarfed with a Rock, Ice, or Dragon attack). They could have un-banned Garchomp since the two might actually balance eachother out, but no.

I've only heard rumors about Heatran being banned, I haven't seen any concrete discussions about it. I think people are mostly just saying that because he's the most used pokemon on the ladder right now. I seriously doubt Heatran will be banned.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Salamence was banned because Latias was banned and afterwards he didn't have any real counters (other than, you know, Scizor, Metagross, Cresselia, and anything Scarfed with a Rock, Ice, or Dragon attack). They could have un-banned Garchomp since the two might actually balance eachother out, but no.
yup. when you start removing dragons (they ****ed up banning chomp) they lose counters because the dragons balance/check each other. I'm glad you too can see this. Why cant smogon?

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
I just looked around and couldn't find any discussion on banning Heatran. I really thought the Latias and Salamence bans were too far though.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Nah Mence was only soft countered by those that you listed Gates. He can 1-2 shot everything you listed. They were just soft counters and I think Smogon got it right to band Mence for one reason only, and that is because Chomp and Latias are gone. None of them are Uber but if 1-2 of them are counted as Uber then the other should be too.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Could be both.

It's ok, Havok is WC so he doesn't know how to use Smashboards. He's busy using 4chan 4dummies AllIsBrawl.
God **** does everyone need to be an ******* towards Havok (an MK main, a very good one at that, on the MK boards...) just for posting his MLG Raleigh article (you know, a smash related article on a smash website).

I don't care if you guys just wanna talk about **** like street fighter or Pokemon, but, I'm sorry, it's just annoying when you post **** like that over an MK main posting his followup to an article he'd written earlier on smash... on the META KNIGHT boards on a smash website...

Anyways, since I have nothing to contribute to this Pokemon discussion... might as well say the article was a good read :p

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
if heatran gets banned then i bet they will ban breloom or something ******** like that. Although i will say even now in the metagame they formulated using machamp, breloom and even kingdra is pretty **** safe now.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
No no no, if Heatran gets the axe, Scizor will be the next to go because "ZOMG HAS NO COUNTERS AND ONLY 1 WEAKNESS WTF BAN"

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure Zapdos, Gyarados, Magnezone, and Rotom all counter Scizor, while the things Gates listed for Salamence were checks. Then again, most sweepers don't have counters. The MLG report form Havok was interesting though.

lilseph

Smash Ace
God **** does everyone need to be an ******* towards Havok (an MK main, a very good one at that, on the MK boards...) just for posting his MLG Raleigh article (you know, a smash related article on a smash website).

I don't care if you guys just wanna talk about **** like street fighter or Pokemon, but, I'm sorry, it's just annoying when you post **** like that over an MK main posting his followup to an article he'd written earlier on smash... on the META KNIGHT boards on a smash website...

Anyways, since I have nothing to contribute to this Pokemon discussion... might as well say the article was a good read :p
Thank you for posting what i've been wanting to for the last two pages on this social.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
smogon should just ban their entire tier of ou and call it a day. Only UU and uber battles.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Zapdos hard counters Scizor, Heatran doesn't really counter Scizor tbh. All you have to do is know they have one and superpower it on the switch then problem solved. With Zapdos you can switch into ANY attack of Scizor's and be safe.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Middle Cup sounds stupid, and I wouldn't be surprised if Gabite was banned just like they band stupid stuff like Tangela in Little Cup

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Nothing is banned in Middle Cup right now and Gabite isn't even as good as you'd think. I mean yeah, all the Dragons are pretty good for obvious reasons (good stats, good typing, good stab), but they're not the real stars of the tier like Rhydon, Chansey, Haunter, etc.

It's not an official format yet either so Smogon has yet to **** it up with bannings. It doesn't look like anything will even need to be banned though.

Dina, we get it, you want views for your videos.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Dina, we get it, you want views for your videos.
lol wut skitty vid has 20,000 views and my total vid view is 1,700,000 and rising each day. im just posting it for anyone who wants a laugh.

if i want views i just put it as featured on my channel and force it to play everytime someone views my channel. **** works, im putting my dumbtard stalkers to good use finally.

and yeah chansey and rhydon were good in r/b/y, ofc they going to be good in middle cup. BAN THEM

Gates

Banned via Warnings
They don't need to be banned, they're easily counterable. Rhydon's typing is a big setback for him and Chansey loses to just about any non-Ghost physical attack.

Top Bottom