• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
What is this "Real Steel?"

Personally, I am a fan of Steele's Reels.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Someone on another character board is watching Real Steel because Hugh Jackman stars in the movie. So I now think of Real Steel as Rock Em Sock Em Robots feat. Wolverine without claws.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I seriously love these international communities...

About stages:
"We shouldn't have as many legal stages as the Unity, our metagame is different and our way to see the game is different as well"

About MK:
"Is the same frikin' game, if they found something wrong about him is just matter of time we do as well, so banning him will be the healthiest decision"

Their level of logic hurts....
Well.... None of the good players usually have opinions like that to be honest. A large majority of top players iirc are against banning MK in EU. Most of the scrubs however, even in regions with absolutely no metaknights just want to ***** about how broken he is, so yeah. :|

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Being honest, Marth and Zero Suit Samus have always been two of the characters I've been most interested in.

I originally wanted another character with good and/or fast aerial options not named Luigi (cuz he sucks) or Wario (cuz he's lame), but there aren't many...
Play one of your favorite characters. Just learn them no matter how bad or good they are. I still play Sonic despite how obnoxiously difficult it is to be consistent with him. I'm starting to learn how to have fun with this game again. I got way too caught up in trying to win instead of just playing the game for the fun of it and learning.

I honestly feel like people should stop the whole "Play To Win" mentality. It does do damage over time. It makes tournaments feel like a job instead of a hobby and ultimately makes the whole experience not nearly as enjoyable. But alas, that just sounds like scrub mentality to anybody else that legitimately focuses on winning and nothing else.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
People just like what's convenient. Convenience often makes you go back on your words.

Tijuana is probably going one tourney banned and one with MK legal.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
that just sounds like scrub mentality to anybody else that legitimately focuses on winning and nothing else.
only to someone with tunnel vision. humans aren't computers, realistically if you aren't enjoying it you should quit. there are better things you can dedicate yourself to optimally

i dont really have like a particular hold on a character, I just pick someone that feels right and play them as best as i can.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
But I liked Metaknight, his fast aerial attacks and the fact he could recover from anywhere in the stage.
He could not have that insane range, that rediculous tornado or his absurd killpower and I would still use him.

That's why I'll try to play more Balanced Brawl....

Reizilla

MK is the only thing that keeps this game interesting. Maybe Marth, some times.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
But I liked Metaknight, his fast aerial attacks and the fact he could recover from anywhere in the stage.
He could not have that insane range, that rediculous tornado or his absurd killpower and I would still use him.
If you like the aerial style of gameplay, you could always try out G&W.

You said you were interested in ZSS though, so I'd say just train with her for a bit.

Dark Lady

A Red Witch
Herein lies a brief story.

I'll prolly move this to my blog shortly...

Once upon a time, I got my hands on, and played my first Smash game ever. This was way back when I was in elementary school. Before my family even purchased a Playstation (PS1).

I remember going on to that game and picking two characters in specific ALL THE TIME. I either played Link or Mario. I was terrible (I was a little kid in elementary for god's sake), but it was fun, because I was playing my favorites.

Some years later, I got a gameboy advanced, and from there was launched into the beauty that is a Kirby game. Loved those games to death.

And... Melee came out. Who I picked then? Link. And later, I picked clones to counter my younger brother. He'd pick Mario, i'd be Doc. If he was Fox, I was Falco. If he went to Marth, I fought him tooth and nail with Roy. And it was fun. Some of these characters grew on me. Doc and Falco became my Mains Roy is my favorite secondary on that game to this day. They became my favorites along with good ol' Link.

But I had gotten a taste of another, really good game that had a specific character. I thought it would be awesome if he was in the next smash game.

To elaborate on my GBA days, my Kirby always had one power-up through most of the game. Sword. Why? I LOVED fighting Meta Knight. Then I found out you can play as him on Nightmare in Dreamland. The fangirl in me squeeed and I did my best to be able to play as him. Then, Amazing Mirror, you get... his sword! :O. Needless to say, i'd wander around for hours slaying countless enemies with the sword that belonged to Meta-Knight. To this day, I still draw little Kirbys and Meta Knights on paper, and i'm in college.

But alas, when the first brawl commercial I had ever seen... had Pit on screen. I was like, ok, pretty cool... it'd be nice if they had... Then, there he was... Meta Knight. My favorite character alongside Kirby from that series of games. I was totally excited! A chance to play Meta Knight! In a tournament! He's totally my favorite!!! I went to game shops with Brawl on the demo sections to get a feel for him, and I thought he was totally awesome.

I check the tourney scene when the game starts to get some momentum. Snake was Top Tier, Meta Knight was #2. I didn't care. I got to play as my favorite character. So what if I didn't Mach tornado every other move. So what if I didn't dsmash every two seconds. It was the coolest thing to me, I had a new favorite to play as!

But now. Look at this. A ban.

It's a tournament ban. Why? He isn't "fair" to play against.

This is why I hate tiers and why I now dislike these invisible magical rulemakers, This is why I now turn my back on a large majority on the community...

WHAT HAPPENED TO PLAYING AS YOUR FAVORITE NINTENDO CHARACTER(S)!?!

I now cannot compete playing as my favorite person because of "rules" "votes" and "decisions" that were made with little to no input from my end. Thanks a lot community. Thanks for ruining a once pure "pick your favorite" ordeal. This was already seeding in Melee. Everyone played a top tier. Why? Did they like the game? No, they just wanted an "advantage" against another player. They don't even represent their favorite nintendo world these days. I grew up on Mario, Zelda's crew, Starfox, and Kirby. But now, you can ban characters you "don't like."

I'm disappointed. Not because they wanted to make things fair, but because they took away the favorite concept. Good job community. You officially made this smasher sad.

Javon89

Smash Ace
I'll prolly move this to my blog shortly...

Once upon a time, I got my hands on, and played my first Smash game ever. This was way back when I was in elementary school. Before my family even purchased a Playstation (PS1).

I remember going on to that game and picking two characters in specific ALL THE TIME. I either played Link or Mario. I was terrible (I was a little kid in elementary for god's sake), but it was fun, because I was playing my favorites.

Some years later, I got a gameboy advanced, and from there was launched into the beauty that is a Kirby game. Loved those games to death.

And... Melee came out. Who I picked then? Link. And later, I picked clones to counter my younger brother. He'd pick Mario, i'd be Doc. If he was Fox, I was Falco. If he went to Marth, I fought him tooth and nail with Roy. And it was fun. Some of these characters grew on me. Doc and Falco became my Mains Roy is my favorite secondary on that game to this day. They became my favorites along with good ol' Link.

But I had gotten a taste of another, really good game that had a specific character. I thought it would be awesome if he was in the next smash game.

To elaborate on my GBA days, my Kirby always had one power-up through most of the game. Sword. Why? I LOVED fighting Meta Knight. Then I found out you can play as him on Nightmare in Dreamland. The fangirl in me squeeed and I did my best to be able to play as him. Then, Amazing Mirror, you get... his sword! :O. Needless to say, i'd wander around for hours slaying countless enemies with the sword that belonged to Meta-Knight. To this day, I still draw little Kirbys and Meta Knights on paper, and i'm in college.

But alas, when the first brawl commercial I had ever seen... had Pit on screen. I was like, ok, pretty cool... it'd be nice if they had... Then, there he was... Meta Knight. My favorite character alongside Kirby from that series of games. I was totally excited! A chance to play Meta Knight! In a tournament! He's totally my favorite!!! I went to game shops with Brawl on the demo sections to get a feel for him, and I thought he was totally awesome.

I check the tourney scene when the game starts to get some momentum. Snake was Top Tier, Meta Knight was #2. I didn't care. I got to play as my favorite character. So what if I didn't Mach tornado every other move. So what if I didn't dsmash every two seconds. It was the coolest thing to me, I had a new favorite to play as!

But now. Look at this. A ban.

It's a tournament ban. Why? He isn't "fair" to play against.

This is why I hate tiers and why I now dislike these invisible magical rulemakers, This is why I now turn my back on a large majority on the community...

WHAT HAPPENED TO PLAYING AS YOUR FAVORITE NINTENDO CHARACTER(S)!?!

I now cannot compete playing as my favorite person because of "rules" "votes" and "decisions" that were made with little to no input from my end. Thanks a lot community. Thanks for ruining a once pure "pick your favorite" ordeal. This was already seeding in Melee. Everyone played a top tier. Why? Did they like the game? No, they just wanted an "advantage" against another player. They don't even represent their favorite nintendo world these days. I grew up on Mario, Zelda's crew, Starfox, and Kirby. But now, you can ban characters you "don't like."

I'm disappointed. Not because they wanted to make things fair, but because they took away the favorite concept. Good job community. You officially made this smasher sad.
Great read.
I've always wanted to play Meta-Knight, but I was self conscious of the fact that people wouldn't really say I won with skill, and won just because I placed the cursor on MK.
Anyways, pretty sad it took them this long to ban him, huh? I can only imagine the people who mained him for a long time, then people just telling them to just move on.

Alas the needs(or wants) of the many, out-weight the few.

vato_break

Smash Master
i have never heard of this empressofice person entering any CA events ever, how does this affect you? this is for tournament under URC ruleset...so if you don't enter tournaments you can still use him in friendlies lol

Dark Lady

A Red Witch
i have never heard of this empressofice person entering any CA events ever, how does this affect you? this is for tournament under URC ruleset...so if you don't enter tournaments you can still use him in friendlies lol
This is my new tag, lol. I did like little local tourneys on my old tag; the only big one i've ever done is APEX when I was back east. But as for how it affects me, playing-wise it's stupid that I can't pick a favorite of mine. I wasn't the best MK in the world and I had fun, even when losing, just playing as him. The reason why I think it's a stupid ban is the fact that there are a lot of ppl, like me, who were bad MK players. We just liked using him. It's not like we (the bad ones) were gonna magically pwn every single tournament just by picking him in a match. Honest to God I am tons better with some lower tier characters I use, and just picked MK whenever. Why? Because I could.

Still can use him in friendlies, I s'pose, but it just goes to show you how competitive gaming ruins a lot of stuff.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
This is my new tag, lol. I did like little local tourneys on my old tag; the only big one i've ever done is APEX when I was back east. But as for how it affects me, playing-wise it's stupid that I can't pick a favorite of mine. I wasn't the best MK in the world and I had fun, even when losing, just playing as him. The reason why I think it's a stupid ban is the fact that there are a lot of ppl, like me, who were bad MK players. We just liked using him. It's not like we (the bad ones) were gonna magically pwn every single tournament just by picking him in a match. Honest to God I am tons better with some lower tier characters I use, and just picked MK whenever. Why? Because I could.

Still can use him in friendlies, I s'pose, but it just goes to show you how competitive gaming ruins a lot of stuff.
WAT?
Another girl mk main that was Apex? Did you not see me/meet me? </3
Gurrrrllllll FRIEND
<3

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
That's not Tentacool, it's the wipeout ball <3

Nostalgiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Reizilla

I don't believe you. You just want me to get poisoned when I let my guard down. Never trust Gengar.

Reizilla

Guess who has been to 5 points and back like 10 times.

I finally got a permanent point though :(

Top Bottom