• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG 2010 Pro Circuit Brawl Passes on Sale now! + MK, 2v2, and Rules Info

MLG_JV

Smash Ace
We excited to announce the passes for the first Super Smash Bros Brawl event ever to be on the Pro Circuit are on Sale Now at mlgpro.com for MLG Orlando April 16th-18th.

The key MLG staff whom has a ton of experience brining you the best competitive gaming experience out there worked closely with the Brawl Back Room and community standards to come up with a top flight ruleset for MLG Orlando. Everything is more or less set and we are just putting the final touches on. The whole thing should be up shortly.

That said I wanted to give you some information-

Metaknight will not be banned in Orlando: It was a decision that was not taken lightly. We always feel MLG brings the competition to a new level. So we wanted to give the community the opportunity to showcase their "A" game before making a decision that cannot be easily undone. So if, and when, this happens we feel we gave everything fair opportunity and are doing the right thing for the competitive nature of brawl. In addition this is not a change we would like to make mid-season. But we at MLG have always tried to do best for by the game and community competitiveness wise. So if its something that truly needs to happen, we am not completely shutting the door.

Doubles: Will absolutely happen. They will take place on Sunday (Singles will take place Friday-Saturday). We are looking at taking door registration after singles finish till the morning of with 100% cash payouts at the event. Doubles seeding will be based upon the combined total of the 1v1 players comprising the team. Full rules and details are soon to come.

Discuss away

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Well, at least we can hold off on discussing MLG MK banning until after Orlando...

Asakura cR

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad that this is the route they took. See what happens with MK users and how people play MK at the tournament and (much in GoW2 with the Hammerburst) make the decision for the rest of season then (in the event that they need to).

I wish I coud attend Orlando, it's going to be so amazing. Can't wait till Columbus.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Hopefully they don't make it like they did with GoW2. They should just keep it with MK unbanned for the season.

I think they picked the better option the first time, unlike in Gears, in which they picked the bad option first and had to play through a full event before they released they made the wrong decision.

Asakura cR

Smash Apprentice
Yea, but everybody thought the HB was the better choice. I don't think they'll need to ban MK, but I think that if it comes down to it after the first event, they will.

I'm sure things will work out just fine though.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
cant wait to see the pits and mks living on the ledge ...good **** lol

so where them rules at

Banks

Smash Hero
I sincerely hope that there are no ledge limits, and the top ten are all MK mains.

It will be glorious.

Yineinjeru

Smash Apprentice
I would rofl so hard if all the last players were MK... But I'm hopinh somewhere in the game their will be good players that aren't MKs.. I'm really excited I can't wait lol. XD

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
So it says when you buy the $35 pass, a $20 processing fee applies. Sorry if this is a noob question, but does that mean it's actually $55? lol

I plan on going to MLG Columbus, so I assume it will be the same price...and good move with the MK decision. The issue is just too controversial right now...though I am in support of regulation against planking.

Asakura cR

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure the processing fee only applies if you are transferring a pass from one event to the next (if you bought a pass and were then unable to attend the event, you can transfer the pass over to the next event)

From the pass sale page:
Passes can be transferred to other 2010 Pro Circuit competitions only at the discretion of the Commissioner. A $20 processing fee will apply.
The $20 fee only applies when transferring passes from one event to another.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
It's called a bunch stupid ******* LITTLE KIDS that are butt-hurt over thier wittle favowit old game wasn't picked up.

Grow up and understand business, garbage community.

God******* dam

Edit: That's why no other community respects any of you.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
so do u guys think they have controllers there or do i have to bring my own??
It's always a good idea to bring your own.

Cut out the Brawl vs. Melee non-sense. In no way, shape or form does this thread have anything to do with Melee so leave it out.

And the spam too.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
It's always a good idea to bring your own.

Cut out the Brawl vs. Melee non-sense. In no way, shape or form does this thread have anything to do with Melee so leave it out.

And the spam too.
Warning people never works, they're all kids. They won't listen.

For all I know, you're a kid too.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
I wasn't continuing the brawl vs melee debate.

I was merely telling your adolescent peer that warning OTHER adolescents will prove useless.

That has got to be the most pathetic excuse to abuse "smash forum mod power", if you could even call that power.

Asakura cR

Smash Apprentice
So a 19 year old is an adolescent kid...but the 23 year old is arguing over something that is, inevitably, frivolous. Ok.

Anyway, on topic:

I think that Brawl is going to have a great and successful future on MLG. Orlando is going to be an awesome inaugural event.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Are you trying to get banned, Dire? Stop testing the waters and either stay on topic or don't post at all.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I wasn't continuing the brawl vs melee debate.

I was merely telling your adolescent peer that warning OTHER adolescents will prove useless.

That has got to be the most pathetic excuse to abuse "smash forum mod power", if you could even call that power.
I'm giving you a warning for this because one more point would have you banned. Keep it clean and stop backdoor modding.

It seems as if you think "stay on topic" means "don't talk Brawl v. Melee, but rather the mod presence in this thread". On topic means "MLG 2010 Pro Circuit Brawl passes on sale now, Meta Knight, 2v2, and info on the rules."

That's it.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Should be interesting.

Doubles shenanigans! :)

I agree on the non-banning of MK, lets see how many MKs will be in top 10 first.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
I'm giving you a warning for this because one more point would have you banned. Keep it clean and stop backdoor modding.

It seems as if you think "stay on topic" means "don't talk Brawl v. Melee, but rather the mod presence in this thread". On topic means "MLG 2010 Pro Circuit Brawl passes on sale now, Meta Knight, 2v2, and info on the rules."

That's it.
Yes, master.

Also, no MLG ruleset announcement means no pass purchase =b

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I sincerely hope that there's no ledge-grab limits, the top 10 aren't even MK (or close to dominated by him), and that Brawl will be back for a next season.

Why do people want Brawl gone, anyway? All that MK dominating and the non-official rules will bring are results which can't be considered to-the-point due to fake rules, and ridicule towards Brawl. We win nothing except a laugh or two, and a cry for banning MK (which, no matter how much people want it to happen, will probably never happen).

So, what's the deal with wanting Brawl gone? You guys must obviously have reasons.

Asakura cR

Smash Apprentice
For whatever reason they think it's a terrible, awful, sin of a game. Just because it isn't identical to its predecesor they forsake it. Everyone wanted a 2.0 version of their game and when they got some different that got rid of things that "fostered competitive play" they decided it wasn't worth their time and therefore labeled it as "garbage". It's just sad really.

And I would expect the ruleset to come out sometime next week, though I'm not sure why it's even taking this long to be honest. I'm sure it'll pretty much replicate the SBR rules and settings.

Top Bottom