• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 MLG 2010 Pro Circuit: Q&A / FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLG_Deimos

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>MLG Administrator</i><
The next MLG event will be in Raleigh, NC August 27th-29th.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
At MLG Columbus, I saw extremely detailed information being gathered. Each set had recorded the characters used in each game, the stages played on each game, the stage bans per each player, and the game results down to how the match ended (final stock/percentage if a normal win, method of decision in the event of a time-out or disqualification). Is this data publicly available, and if not, is there any way to acquire it? I would really like to do a detailed statistical analysis of this data, particularly in regards to the stages (demonstrating which characters actually do well on which stages, seeing how often counterpick stages were winning for the person who picked them, etc.). In general, I believe that analysis of this data could really help us understand the current state of the metagame so I'm very hopeful it's out there or can be out there.

MLG_Deimos

At MLG Columbus, I saw extremely detailed information being gathered. Each set had recorded the characters used in each game, the stages played on each game, the stage bans per each player, and the game results down to how the match ended (final stock/percentage if a normal win, method of decision in the event of a time-out or disqualification). Is this data publicly available, and if not, is there any way to acquire it? I would really like to do a detailed statistical analysis of this data, particularly in regards to the stages (demonstrating which characters actually do well on which stages, seeing how often counterpick stages were winning for the person who picked them, etc.). In general, I believe that analysis of this data could really help us understand the current state of the metagame so I'm very hopeful it's out there or can be out there.
I believe that is just for us, but I will ask.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I believe that is just for us, but I will ask.
this really would be great because it really could help us figure things out.

I also don't see why MLG wouldn't want that data public

if in the event they can't would it be possible to release the data AFTER the circuit ends?

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
What the **** happened over the school year 0_o and why is MLG here? Like seriously, what's going on? Did this much stuff happen since Genesis? Can somebody send me a PM of what went on since Genesis ended and this last school year ended?

Oh, and, Ally lost twice to M2K? Did something happen or has he just gotten better over the past year?

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
And what happened with the rest of the stuff? Did MLG decide they wanted Brawl on their circuit or like, what?

Jem.

Smash Master
Is the bracket format changing at all for MLG Raleigh? Is everyone not top 16 going to be into an open-bracket where they're entered into pro losers bracket if they make it out, like Halo used to do last year? Hopefully it just stays the same haha.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Is the bracket format changing at all for MLG Raleigh? Is everyone not top 16 going to be into an open-bracket where they're entered into pro losers bracket if they make it out, like Halo used to do last year? Hopefully it just stays the same haha.
The only time it is going to be like that is the championship round (AFAIK). For a new event they wouldn't start that blatant of a disadvantage for everybody but the top 16 yet.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
m2k got a lil better, i havent done anything to improve yet.
Aw.... I remember thinking you were the best after Genesis :(

And what happened with you and ADHD? I remember him like, beating you or something and M2K got third. Was that justa fluke or something? Oh, and, I'm still rooting for you at the next MLG. And fifth, is there any vids of the Brawl MLG finals? I can only find one. Dang, i've got a lot of questions.

Masky

Smash Master
MLG Rules said:
No taunting of opposing Players, or Coaches, by Coaches. Taunting of opposing Players, or Coaches, by Coaches is defined as derogatory language or gestures, aimed at an opposing Player(s), that is audible/visible to the opposing Player(s).
Does MLG enforce this rule? Why wasn't this enforced at MLG Colombus with regards to an extremely disruptive spectator? Does MLG have plans to enforce this rule in the future?

(This will greatly affect my decision to attend future MLG events)

Masky

Smash Master
I'm talking about MLG not enforcing their own publicly-stated rules and not providing a basic environment of professionalism and good sportsmanship. Wasn't at the event so I only know what is in the MLG match videos I've watched, but if someone "BOO"s a player that should be unacceptable and is a clear violation of the rule I quoted above. Not upset with whoever did it, just upset with MLG not enforcing their own rules and not giving the players the tournament environment promised that they traveled and paid for. But if there's an explanation I'd be glad to hear it

Sharky

Smash Master
to be fair ally was receiving the majority of the trash talk, his gf just happened to be the most audible person on the video. I would not have wanted to be in ally's position during those matches, so much pressure. =$

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
**** talk is different than loud *** booing. She was also being loud and obnoxious on purpose. Pressure happens with or without a crowd. If you are a top player you can zone out and not even hear people in the crowd. However, this does not make somebody screaming really loud BOOOOOOOOO every single time somebody gets a hit not detrimental to the environment in which s/he is in.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
That rule is very subjective. If no one ever complained about it, it must not have bothered anyone.

Sharky

Smash Master
**** talk is different than loud *** booing. She was also being loud and obnoxious on purpose. Pressure happens with or without a crowd. If you are a top player you can zone out and not even hear people in the crowd. However, this does not make somebody screaming really loud BOOOOOOOOO every single time somebody gets a hit not detrimental to the environment in which s/he is in.
regardless of this (which is a matter of opinion), both examples are against the rule

MLG_Deimos

Does MLG enforce this rule? Why wasn't this enforced at MLG Colombus with regards to an extremely disruptive spectator? Does MLG have plans to enforce this rule in the future?

Yes, MLG enforces this rule.

If your assigned Official is not, you should ask the Official if they say something to the spectator.

MLG_Deimos

No. Events will have an Open Bracket only. The Top 16 Players (in Pro Rank Points) will be seeded the highest.

really both forms thats alot
There is just one form, the parental consent form. The www.mlgpro.com/teambuilder is just to put in your contact information, and confirm yourself as a player. This will literally take you no more than 30 seconds, so I wouldn't say "that's a lot".

Can you disclose the reason there wasn't an audio stream?
Please read here: http://www.mlgpro.com/content/news/304515/League-Speak-with-Sundance-Super-Smash-Bros-Brawl-Stream

Solid Jake

The Arcanum

I personally did enforce this rule at the event many times. Actually as a referee I did not once have to warn a player, where as I found myself warning spectators somewhat frequently. I will bring this up with the other refs at the Raleigh meeting to ensure that it is fully enforced.

Masky

Smash Master
I personally did enforce this rule at the event many times. Actually as a referee I did not once have to warn a player, where as I found myself warning spectators somewhat frequently. I will bring this up with the other refs at the Raleigh meeting to ensure that it is fully enforced.
Great, thanks for the response

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
Is it ok to use a play station 2 controller for brawl in mlg? Like if you used a ps2 to gamecube converter?

Jaghancement

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1263-8011-7156
Do you need to be 18+ years old to check-in to the hotel even if you book it online and what not? Don't really know much about hotels(I'm 17), but my older brother is still iffy on coming to Raleigh with me, so I was curious as to if I would need him there to be able to check in to the hotel, haha.

Not really sure if this is the right topic for this, but meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom