• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 MLG 2010 Pro Circuit: Q&A / FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
I know in Connecticut you need to be 21, I am not sure if the law is the same here or not. Google should do the trick though!

MLG_Deimos

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>MLG Administrator</i><
Do you need to be 18+ years old to check-in to the hotel even if you book it online and what not? Don't really know much about hotels(I'm 17), but my older brother is still iffy on coming to Raleigh with me, so I was curious as to if I would need him there to be able to check in to the hotel, haha.

Not really sure if this is the right topic for this, but meh.
The hotels are usually more lenient for these events.

I would suggest calling the Hotel to just make sure. In the call, make sure you tell them its for the Major League Gaming convention and that you are 17, but would like to book a room.

The regular check-in age for the Raleigh Marriott City Center Hotel is 18.

Insomniac487

Smash Cadet
Sorry if it's been answered but why isn't there a Southern California destination? Los Angeles is a big metropolitan area

and 2nd question : if the championship's destination which is To-Be-Announced, happens to be in california are we allowed to compete there + enter the championships? instead of having to fly out to one of the 4 other states. Or is it purely for the winners of the other 4 states.

thanks

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
YOu should look at the MLG website. The championship is in Dallas. The 4th event is in Washington D.C.. Not coming close to west coast.

Insomniac487

Smash Cadet
^ thanks. So to the topic poster, his list is wrong? or needs to be updated. quoted :

"1. Orlando, FL - April 16th-18th
2. Columbus, OH - June 4th-6th
3. Raleigh, NC - August 27th-29th
4. Dallas, TX - November 5th-7th
5. Championsips (OPEN TO EVERYONE) - TBA"

MLG_Deimos

Sorry if it's been answered but why isn't there a Southern California destination? Los Angeles is a big metropolitan area

and 2nd question : if the championship's destination which is To-Be-Announced, happens to be in california are we allowed to compete there + enter the championships? instead of having to fly out to one of the 4 other states. Or is it purely for the winners of the other 4 states.

thanks
  1. Orlando, FL - April 16th-18th
  2. Columbus, OH - June 4th-6th
  3. Raleigh, NC - August 27th-29th
  4. Washington DC - October 15th-17th
  5. Dallas, TX (Championships) - November 5th-7th

West coast events have traditionally had poorer attendance; however, that does not mean we won't stop there in the future.

Neeeds to be updated. Go to http://www.mlgpro.com
It's already updated on MLG: http://www.mlgpro.com/pro-circuit/2010/

MLG_Deimos

what happens when people from the top 16 don't go? Do the next person get a pro seed? or do they just get the 16th seed?
They won't get a "Pro Seed", but their seed would be bumped up.

For example, if the 8th placed player does not go, then the 9th placed player is now the 8th seed for that event. And everybody else would be bumped up one.

Likewise, if the 16th seeded player does not come, then the 17th seeded player would now be seeded 16th for the event.

½NIÇK½FBM!

Smash Rookie
Can somebody link me to the results page and videos page of the last 2 mlg events? Or do they not exist because i have not been able to find them.....

Smash Journeyman
Huh, thats wierd. Could you link me any specific post that explains that? I believe you im just curious.

nice1

Smash Lord
i bought my pass today. I made and print out the team builder. Is there anything else i need? this is my first mlg event so i wanted to make sure i have everything right

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
If you are a minor you have to print out some parental consent thing that IDK where it is.

MLG_Deimos

yea i saw that also but im 19 :D
Now you just have to go to the event and check-in.

Since your older then 18, you just clicked the box on the Teambuilder to approve the Media Release Form. You do not have to bring one to the event.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I don't know if this has been asked before, but what are the chances of Brawl being in the 2011 circuit?

MLG_Deimos

I don't know if this has been asked before, but what are the chances of Brawl being in the 2011 circuit?
The only game that has been announced so far for the 2011 season is Halo Reach.

All the other game info will be released at a later date.

MLG_Deimos

if i got a shirt at Columbus, is there a way i can exchange it for a bigger one in NC(or dallas or DC)
If it's unopened, POSSIBLY, you'd have to ask the people at the merchandise though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom