• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Championship: Dallas 2010 - November 5th-7th - $35,000 in prizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Wait, so assuming no upsets happen I'll have to fight Fino?

Again?

Well, at least I've greatly improved on the Olimar match-up (I lost to him back at MLG Orlando then won 4 games in a row in the continuation set in loser's). I wonder how I'll do against Havok if I reach him. I hope everything turns out alright. :lol:

:069:

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Wow, vs ****ing Mikehaze.

Okay i'm not going to make a cocky post before tournament.

Whatever happens happens ;)

Gnes

Smash Master
Yea no more trash talk for me....gotta go play addy on wifi now lmao....whatever happens...some of those peeps might get upsetted, such if anyone gets Zac lmao

Oh, if get past CO and havok...i got a present for u mike :)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Who did Kai money match?
people that do well against Speed, but got twostocked by Kai :awesome:

Inui when do you get to Dallas I get there thursday 10:26pm I heard you arrive around the same time, MEET with me so we can both go with Dphat olol
Arrives: 11/04/2010 at 9:01 P.M

I guess we can meet up somehow... I don't want to wait forever, though...

Here we go, even though I won't be here, I'm back with the brackets you all want!

Dallas is going to work a little bit differently with the amateur bracket and the pro bracket. I'll explain it as I go.

The first bracket we have is the amateur bracket. Everyone will be in this bracket except for the top 8 players: Ally, ESAM, Tyrant, Lee Martin, Nick Riddle, Rich Brown, Atomsk, and Fatal.

Assuming no upsets, here is the bracket starting at the fourth round:

The tie system is the same as the last three brackets I've made. Each player in the running for a tie has an equal shot at landing at any place, and it is determined randomly.

Tie #1 = Fino, Poltergust
Tie #2 = Logic, Inui, Snakeee

The byes as always are unseeded players. Watch out, as there are some killer unseeded players here like UTDZac and UltimateRazer!

Now you might be asking "but Mr. Chibo, where's the rest of the bracket?"
Yes there is a losers bracket, but I can not predict the seeding for it, so I am leaving it out as always. As for the rest of winners... that's it! The bracket is no longer played when there are four players left in winners and four players left in losers. These 8 players will be brought into the final pro bracket, which in my bracket are denoted as AmWinner# or AmLoser#. The loser spots are the four players from losers and the winner spots are the four players from winners in the amateur bracket.

To determine the order of the AmWinners and AmLosers, it is decided based on their MLG points from the season. Since the four AmLosers already lost a match in the amateur bracket, they start off the pro bracket with losing to their first opponent.

Top 8 from the pro bracket is paid out, with eighth place getting an astounding $1,000! Good luck to everyone!
fml, high chance of a Snake :(

but I could also get Cheese and then Larry, and Falco is a match I'm extremely confident in right now and I'm 3-0 vs Cheese :)

gnes vs co18 is happening 10 months late.
hype!

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/...ash-bros-brawl-tournament-tv--fight-or-flight

Just so you guys know, the three guys from this tournament are gonna be at MLG Dallas. I really stopped caring about MLG Dallas after M2K/ADHD got banned, but after hearing the news that these guys are gonna be at this, I'm hyped again :D

The Luigi (Oscar) in this is winning MLG Dallas ;)

Apparently, GameSpot is completely ignorant on the fact that this game actually has a competitive scene.

:069: Well, I wouldn't expect any more of them.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Lucas don't worry I'll come pick you up and drop you off at my apartment then go pick up Ally if the wait is too long. Or we can grab a bite to eat somewhere while waiting for Elliot.
I don't want to make you drive twice, so yeah, let's do something while we wait or just wait and talk trash about how bad everyone is at Brawl and stuff :)

OR WE COULD POKEMON BATTLE IF YOU BRING YOUR DS AND SOUL SILVER/HEART GOLD

CO18

Smash Hero
How far are you from the airport dphat? Anyway you could pick shaky and I up around noon friday? wed pay of course

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Would it be possible to get a ride for 5 people from the DFW airport at like 2:30? If not we can take a taxi, but I would prefer to be picked up.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Sadly I don't own SS or HG :( But we could talk about how trashy everyone is though.
But nah I got to do two trips anyways since Big Lou doesn't arrive til 11:30 so I'll probably drop you off then come back at 11:30 to get Ally and Lou.
nah man lol I'll be a good guest and keep you company

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
restating for new page

Alright

so

I arrive into Dallas(love field) DAL airport at 2:55 PM friday afternoon

If there's anyone thats gonna be arriving around this time that wants to split a cab PM ME

if anyone can offer up a ride, i'll pay gas its 4 miles from the hotel, PLEASE PM ME

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
restating for new page

Alright

so

I arrive into Dallas(love field) DAL airport at 2:55 PM friday afternoon

If there's anyone thats gonna be arriving around this time that wants to split a cab PM ME

if anyone can offer up a ride, i'll pay gas its 4 miles from the hotel, PLEASE PM ME
you want to split a 4 mile cab ride with more than 2 people? lol at the price each person will pay

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I haven't heard from Bassem in a while. Is he still going and teaming with me?

Ok, I'm getting there at 4 tom, and I have absolutely NO plans whatsoever for what I'm doing after I land XD .
typical Snakeee

you can always eat donuts that are like jelly ones but without the jelly to pass the time

3v6 then, I'll still **** you. :D
let me use Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Lugia, Dragonite, Gyarados, Gengar lol

Can anyone pick me and Bizkit up at 12 PM Friday? From DFW
no, because you're Snakes

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Everyone please be on your best behavior for this event.

Also, please, please make sure to shower and wear deodorizer.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
I can not pick up any more players, I'm sorry I'm already driving 9-10 people around. Also P~S I would love to pick you up but DAL like a good 30-40 minutes away.

Would it be possible to get a ride for 5 people from the DFW airport at like 2:30? If not we can take a taxi, but I would prefer to be picked up.
I'll pick you up if you already have housing, and gas compensation will be 5-10 per person (depending on how I feel).
Most likely 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom