• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Columbus 2010 Results - Full Singles & Doubles Results NOW UP!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
omg, lie moving to FL is gonna be rediculous, all you would need then is for me to move down there and the entire state would colapse under the weight of the combined egos of me, lie, esam, halzy, and the rest of FL

But yo, lie asked me to tell a story so here it is.

Meep and boss got in touch with me, asking for housing for the 2 days we were at the tourney for the 2 of them, lie, and sin. We said that was fine. the hotel room was going to cost 140$/night for the 2 nights we were there. MLG then informed us of a hotel deal since they over booked the hotel, so they said theyd give us a free night in one of the other hotels used for the event, so it ended up being 140 for the 2 nights instead of 280$.

We told MD/VA ahead of time, that they would have to help pay for the hotel. They reluctantly agreed. with the 8/9 of us in the room, I determined that everyone would have to put about 15$ in for the room. Meep decided that he would find other housing, opting to stay with lain, leaving Boss, Sin, and Lie to stay with us.

My car (Myself, Pikapika!, San, Sharky, and Acton) gets to the hotel, and contacts them to let them know what the room number is. We go down to the Convention Center to get in some friendlies before the event begins. At this point (I apologise if you would rather be anonymous) I struck up a conversation with coney. Hes a funny laid back dude, but his demeanor changed when i told him about housing lie and sin.

He told me that they have a reputation for not paying up when they lose money matches, for mooching off of people without intent to repay them, and that they also stole 40 dollars from him. Naturally, this set off some red flags.

I watched them both fairly closely. At the beginning of the first night, none of the three of them had payed me for their part of the hotel room, but assured us that they would have it for me on saturday.

On saturday morning before we went to the CC for warm ups, we had to switch hotels, on the walk between hotels, I confronted lie about the money he owed, to which he eagerly responded that he had already given Sharky his portion of the hotel fees (which I confirmed later on to be true) originally, the hotel room wasnt ready for us, when we initially got there, so we had to take everybodys stuff and stash it in my car until the room was ready later on.

On saturday night, I confronted boss about his portion of the hotel fees, he was very reluctant but did not argue the fact that he had to put up his fair share for the room and did so.

I spoke to sin about his portion of the hotel costs, at which point he said that he would have it on sunday. I didnt accept this and he gave me his phone as collateral to assure us that he would pay us.

Sunday comes around. Boss, Lie, and Sin all shower before we head down from the hotel to check out. Since nobody would want to bring all their stuff with them to the CC, we again stashed everyones stuff in my car. During the doubles bracket, sin asks to look at his phone to see if he missed any msgs. I respond by saying that he cant have his phone back until we get his 15$ for the hotel. He walks away.

During free play time on sunday, Seibrik asks me if he can use the set up im playing on for a MM. and to my surprise, hes MMing lie. before I get up from the station, i pull Seibrik to the side and tell him that ive heard less than honest things about him, and to make sure he sees the money up front before the match. To which seibrik responds that the one they were about to play was a double or nothing match and that he had already beaten lie for 10 dollars and had already been payed and that to that point there was nothing funny that had gone down.

After their match seibrik comes to me and thanks me for the forewarning although lie had done everything right and didnt try to pull anything with him. Lie lost the match and payed him fair and square.

after the tournament ends, I meet up with meep, and take him and the other 3 to get their stuff out of my car. We get there and everyone gets their stuff, and sin asks for his phone back. i give it to him, but i tell all four of them that there is a problem and that they cant leave until i receive the 15$ for sins share of the hotel. at which hes get heated, talking about how since he didnt get into the hotel until 2 am on friday night and 5 am on saturday night and since he didnt get a full nights sleep, that he shouldnt be forced to pay for any part of the hotel room. Against myself, Boss and Meep all explaining to him that if he slept at all in the room (which he did) and if he took a shower in our room (which he did) and if i let him hold his stuff in my locked car, that he should pay the 15$ (which really isnt that much) that he agreed to.

After much protesting, he told me that he didnt have any money left, and that he would pay me back at apex. I told him that he could do whatever he wanted and that I didnt believe that he would pay me back for two seconds.

After about 10 minutes of arguing, Lie just said, im tired of this arguing, lets just go, and gave me the 15$ for sins portion of the room.

Morals of the story.
Regardless of what he may have done or been a part of before, Lie is a respectable smasher and pays his debts. hes kind of arrogant and a little bit of a jerk but if you can laugh that off hes a really cool guy and I had no problems rooming with him and would trust him to do it again. Definitely an honest and stand-up guy.

Sin on the other hand, seems to be a very schiesty dude, and bad with handling money, and if I were you, I would steer clear of him.

So yea, thats my story, Lie asked me to write this because apparently people associate him with sin when he does dishonest stuff like this, and he would like to set the record straight. and let people know that he is on the up and up
Lie = good
Sin = bad.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
yea my *** Lie is respectable and pays all his debts ... ey dawgg i heard you still owe a couple hundred to takeover lie...

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Wow. I really had fun at this. ^_^ Kinda late on my shoutouts, but whatev...

Mikey: You are amazing! Best Peach in the world riiiight here honey. ;)

Joey: I really think I am learning that Peach match-up! I just have to shuttle loop everything that you do! xD

Jem: nice meeting you!

Hunger: I'm coloring your wario pic. :O

Kryz: Daaamn...Stop getting DQ'd. :(

Mister Eric: Beepa! Beep! Beep! Beepin up the Beepin place!

Dark Energy: It was so nice meeting you! Sorry I SD'd in our friendly! I hope to play you again soon!

Today: We have to find you another character to fight snake. :\

Crash: You are awesome, and I love making fun of other people with you. xD

Fino: I am jealous of your pikmin keychain. :< Yay! Purple pikmin plushies unite! >D

lolilovesrain: you are so silly. you make me lol. hope to see you again soon!

Ook: WOW. just wow. Good **** man. Even if I didn't know who your main was, I could just look at you and say "this guy mains Donkey Kong!". lol xD

Judge: drugs really are bad :O

Lain: be jealous of my future ice climbers cosplay, i'm going to be the best nana ever! xD

Sai: stop telling people that i am a racist communist! >:[ it's not true! I'm just Russian!

PikaPika!: I'm sooo happy I finally got to pika ditto you!

KingBeef: Yay! the only straight peach main! xD

Jiffyboob: get a new camera

XeroXen: lol your mario is too good. start cheering more instead of just yelling "ban metaknight"

Judo: wow! hanging out with you was so much fun! ^_^

Framerate: good luck growing your jiggly puff hair out

Keist: your voice is beautiful and could sing a baby to sleep

aaand thats all for now... xD

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
Hey Da K.I.D thats a real touching story but has lie ever told you what he has done in the past to extremely honest ppl who r stupid nice to the kid? Reasons u weren't ****** over is because u were lucky enough to know other ppl who told u about them, which lead you to be cautious. Now my story about lie.

Now mind you this happened before but im a nice guy and let it slide on the first and second one. But u know third is the charm...

There was a tourny going on in VA about an hour or 2 away from my place and I didn't feel like going. (previously kinda wanted to) I was at home talking to ppl on aim and lie starts messaging me begging to go down there, I'm like "ok if I do go you have to give me 20 for gas , 10 for going down and 10 for coming back up" At first he says no way man I don't want to pay that much saying he doesn't wanna use that money. But of course lie gets a boner from MM certain ppl at tournies so he decides to say he will pay me there when he gets money from someone. In my mind i know he is probably lying but I know he has more money with him because he had MM money. So I say alright lets go(partially cause i was bored and wanted to go). We get there and play throughout the tourny....in the end lie wants to play PS non stop trying to win money when all he was doing was making a fool out of himself cause he lost money.

Now when it comes time to leave.... (freakin 2 am with a 2 hour drive and I'm tired) he decides to pull bull**** on me and say he ain't payin cause he got another ride. So I say alright that's fine but you gotta at least pay half. Again Lie goes off and says "**** no man". I'm thinking this ****ing ****** did not just do this ****... Alright so i took his wallet and his cards, threw the ****ty wallet on the road and drove off until he gave me my cash. Now mind you there is a lot more to the story but i drove back to get the cash and I said "I'll give you ur stuff but you gotta atleast pay half of the money i asked for..." grimingly he says no and tries to get his **** back with force while I'm in the car (now im older than the kid so im not gonna be fighting a ****** and go to jail cause of him and i didn't run him over even tho it crossed my mind soooooo many **** times).... the ****er decides to kick my car. Image for proof :D

You can clearly C his size gays on the imprint.

After getting my 10 dollars from someone who was with him I learned many good lessons that day :D
1. Stop being a nice person to certain *******
2. Don't drive lie no matter what
3. Don't Trust ******S and that kinda comes into play with 2 cause lie is that ******...

Now for you who got lucky enough to not have any of this happen to you (Da K.I.D.) Be happy you had others watching your back cause trust me that kid is worthless to the community and the human race. Also just because there was one good incident doesn't mean the others will be good. It just shows you how bad it is when a person has to ask someone to post on the boards to let others "think" your not a bad person. I'm sry you fell into his "I'm Innocent" feed back but its all bull****, don't trust the kid because when it comes down to it Lie is exactly that... a Lie

falco03

Smash Lord
renan ur gay like literally ...................im not gay sorry.....................i hate this guy with a passion so w.e he says doesnt bother me but w.e he said cant be good im not even going to read it................if your strait and not gay dont let this dude no where near you seriously..............hell pay you to do something with you hes gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy and thats why we have so many problems because he act gay around me and im strait.........why did this guy randomly post didnt you quit smash ........................i wish i can move already .......coney talking behing my back and this gay dude is coming back omg 1 more week left yes..............im not posting no more till im in florida peace...........................actually i take what i said back this made me laugh

falco03

Smash Lord
i only kicked his car cause he drove off with like all my money plus my credit card so yea............dude is very emotional and gay my reigon has my back on this one no reason telling the whole world.........he was trying to fight me i lol to this everyday

ook

Smash Lord
Anyone else start feeling sick this week? I'm wondering if it was from MLG, or something else :confused:

Anyway, GGs EVERYONE, this was the best tourney I've ever been to. :D I will never forget it

shoutouts to everyone

clowsui

Smash Legend
ook i'm sick w/ a cold, lol
i PROMISE i will do shoutouts if anyone cares lol, i'm on a tiny *** netbook right now so shoutouts are uncomfortable

Vega4

Smash Ace
Who was the girl that was yelling and yelling and yelling and yelling ...... in every single video?? Is she at least hot?

Acton

Smash Journeyman
At one point in the match with san vs ally I yelled at her, "Shut up woman!" and Pierce threatened to kick me out of the venue. xD I mean thats my boy san right there! How dare she boo him! >=0

Seriously though if she/any of her close friends took that seriously I am REALLY sorry about that. I didn't mean anything by it, I was just really worked up in that match. xD My good friend Sharky was kinda buzzed in that match and he was cheering really loud and I was like wicked tired at that point and his hyperness kinda made me really hyper to somehow . . . xD

I actually have video footage of that match where you can clearly hear me yelling it and then pierce threatening to kick me from the venue. xD Its not as good as VGB's video but pretty close to it. I'm to lazy to upload at the moment though. xD

Shoutouts to: (people I already haven't shouted out to in falco thread)
Dark3nergy: Such a nice person, and so knowledgeble about D3! Next week I'll be starting the process of picking up D3 as a second and I'll be sure to contact you! =p I am taking a little break from smash this week to let what I learned at mlg sink in. I dunno I seem to get better when I dont play smash for a little bit.
YoshQ: Good games. Nice luigi!
LvL 99: Pokemon trainer ftw!
Mikey Lenetia: I respect that you play this game for fun. Really nice person and great peach!
Cheese: Thanks for the friendlies in the FL room! I look forward to more matches in the future!
Lucas player I MM'd but cant remember his tag: I'm not going to john but Lee Martin asking me if this was a MM like right next to my face when there was clearly that rope thing to stand behind really broke my concentration first match, and then I got stubborn second match and cp'd you back to BF when there where clearly better cps. You won that match fair and square though ggs.
Nicole: Peach to good! =0
Fino: Nice olimar decent IC's. Will be looking for a rematch in the future! =D
Ook: I never said more then a few words to you, but your match vs mike haze made that event like 10x more fun for me. Thanks for giving us at mlg a good upset! And they said DK isn't tourney worthy?!
Junk: Nice to meet you in person! I didn't talk to you much except when you where teaming with choice. I think falco x snake as a team has a lot of potential after specing your matches. Its a team that needs to be highly coordinated though.
Yoshi player who was eathing sweet and sour chicken at the venue sunday: I talked to you a few times nice meeting you! =0
Everyone else: good games! Hope to see you all at apex!

Coney

Smash Master
renan ur gay like literally ...................im not gay sorry.....................i hate this guy with a passion so w.e he says doesnt bother me but w.e he said cant be good im not even going to read it................if your strait and not gay dont let this dude no where near you seriously..............hell pay you to do something with you hes gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy and thats why we have so many problems because he act gay around me and im strait.........why did this guy randomly post didnt you quit smash ........................i wish i can move already .......coney talking behing my back and this gay dude is coming back omg 1 more week left yes..............im not posting no more till im in florida peace...........................actually i take what i said back this made me laugh
hey, i'm just saying people deserve to know; i'm not gonna let someone i deem to be a stand-up guy get ****** over. i even told him that apparently you two had resolved your ways and been on the ol' straight and narrow, but the guy deserved to know the reputation y'all have earned. hell, i didn't even tell him not to house you, just to be careful about it should he choose to do so...and wouldn't you know it, you handled the situation amicably and followed through on your word. that's cool, glad to hear it.

at the end of the day though brother, it doesn't change the fact that you acted lookout while $40 was taken from my wallet...oh, and that your cousin took another ~$300 without you saying anything about it. i may be civil with you dude and you may be a good guy all-of-a-sudden and everything, but i'm not going to let what happened just slide.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Hey Da K.I.D thats a real touching story but has lie ever told you what he has done in the past to extremely honest ppl who r stupid nice to the kid? Reasons u weren't ****** over is because u were lucky enough to know other ppl who told u about them, which lead you to be cautious. Now my story about lie.

Now mind you this happened before but im a nice guy and let it slide on the first and second one. But u know third is the charm...

There was a tourny going on in VA about an hour or 2 away from my place and I didn't feel like going. (previously kinda wanted to) I was at home talking to ppl on aim and lie starts messaging me begging to go down there, I'm like "ok if I do go you have to give me 20 for gas , 10 for going down and 10 for coming back up" At first he says no way man I don't want to pay that much saying he doesn't wanna use that money. But of course lie gets a boner from MM certain ppl at tournies so he decides to say he will pay me there when he gets money from someone. In my mind i know he is probably lying but I know he has more money with him because he had MM money. So I say alright lets go(partially cause i was bored and wanted to go). We get there and play throughout the tourny....in the end lie wants to play PS non stop trying to win money when all he was doing was making a fool out of himself cause he lost money.

Now when it comes time to leave.... (freakin 2 am with a 2 hour drive and I'm tired) he decides to pull bull**** on me and say he ain't payin cause he got another ride. So I say alright that's fine but you gotta at least pay half. Again Lie goes off and says "**** no man". I'm thinking this ****ing ****** did not just do this ****... Alright so i took his wallet and his cards, threw the ****ty wallet on the road and drove off until he gave me my cash. Now mind you there is a lot more to the story but i drove back to get the cash and I said "I'll give you ur stuff but you gotta atleast pay half of the money i asked for..." grimingly he says no and tries to get his **** back with force while I'm in the car (now im older than the kid so im not gonna be fighting a ****** and go to jail cause of him and i didn't run him over even tho it crossed my mind soooooo many **** times).... the ****er decides to kick my car. Image for proof :D

You can clearly C his size gays on the imprint.

After getting my 10 dollars from someone who was with him I learned many good lessons that day :D
1. Stop being a nice person to certain *******
2. Don't drive lie no matter what
3. Don't Trust ******S and that kinda comes into play with 2 cause lie is that ******...

Now for you who got lucky enough to not have any of this happen to you (Da K.I.D.) Be happy you had others watching your back cause trust me that kid is worthless to the community and the human race. Also just because there was one good incident doesn't mean the others will be good. It just shows you how bad it is when a person has to ask someone to post on the boards to let others "think" your not a bad person. I'm sry you fell into his "I'm Innocent" feed back but its all bull****, don't trust the kid because when it comes down to it Lie is exactly that... a Lie
I lol'd hard at this.

Don't worry lie in Tampa we make n1ggas pay before they get in the car :laugh:

edit:
Lie is moving to my city guys. I'll straighten him out.

Top Bottom