• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 MLG Final Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Is there any approximate time for when we will know the location of the final event?

I can only afford to fly to one event this year likely, and if the final event is within driving distance of me, then I would fly to Dallas, but if I would have to fly to the finals, then I would skip out on Dallas because I would rather go to the final event.

Even if the date isn't announced yet, the location is the biggest thing imo

dj asakura

Smash Ace
I'd put money on an JV or Deimos saying "We'll announce details in the future", which really doesn't help anyone at all. But nothing we can do about it.

I'm anticipating either Meadowlands, New York City or Vegas. I'm leaning towards Meadowlands and NYC. But it would be really nice to know since a lot of friends of mine from around the country will only go to another event if it's in the New York area and we'd all like to make arrangements.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
MLG keeps an absolute tight lip on future events that aren't officially announced. Sorry guys but this is info that you will just have to wait on.

---

Unofficially: If I had to guess I would say its likely going to be in NY/NJ. They have been there every single season since its inception, so it is hard to imagine a season without visiting that sight. The other possibility would probably be Vegas since three championships have been held there.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I would absolutely love it if it were in Vegas or NYC. If it's in NYC then I can go to Dallas, but if it's Vegas I'll go to that instead of Dallas. But wow what an incentive to go to Vegas lol, I'ma go like 3 days early and enjoy being over 21.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Might as well do NYC. It's been East Coast focused so far, going so far west to cater to the western side will be pointless at that point, since it'll be the last event.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Sorry I wasn't saying WC doesn't deserve it or anything, I was just saying since since most of the people that have attended are eastern it'd make more sense to put the final event over here.

For "consistency" if anything

dj asakura

Smash Ace
I wouldn't hold your breath for a West Coast event guys. After Anaheim last year (where MLG announced a public statement telling WC gamers to step it up and sell more passes, and they didn't) I wouldn't anticipate a WC event for awhile.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This is true. West Coast has traditionally had poor showings for Halo, which is a drain for MLG because it costs a decent amount more to do an event on the West Coast then anywhere else in the country.

This isn't true for Smash, I'm confident we would cap attendence (MLG Anaheim 2006 capped and MLG San Fransisco 2005 was one of the most attended events that season as well). But for Halo for whatever reason they just don't really show up in force :(.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Come back down south ffs. Somewhere near ****ing Atlanta or something man, ****.

It's hard as **** trying to go to MLG when the **** is so far away -_____-

iiDEMIGODz

Smash Cadet
MLG Detroit?

Oh man, I'd laugh so hard. We'd have at least half-a-dozen MLG attendees shot in the streets. Gawd I love that place.

At least it would be close for me.

Jem.

Smash Master
Lol me larry havok and choice almost got killed just in Columbus...

but yeah, if not WC, hopefully Vegas or atleast somewhere relatively nearby.

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I wasn't saying WC doesn't deserve it or anything, I was just saying since since most of the people that have attended are eastern it'd make more sense to put the final event over here.

For "consistency" if anything
That's because all of the tournaments have been east of the Mississippi. Your point is invalid.

I understand the reasoning that AZ gave, I just want to be sure that people aren't using the "It's been in the East and we like it in the East so it should stay in the East" argument. Dumb logic is dumb.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
Come back down south ffs. Somewhere near ****ing Atlanta or something man, ****.

It's hard as **** trying to go to MLG when the **** is so far away -_____-
ROFL. West coast would like to have a word with you.

Vegas would be perfect. It's like the hub of the west coast.

I don't see how MLG can truly rank the top Brawl players when all of their tournies have been EC so far. There's many, many people who can't really travel that far, be it financial issues or overprotective parents.

MLG BOISE IDAHO PLEASE LOLOL

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
MLG Dallas is going to cap. Tons of players here lol.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
They should just have two MLG Dallases. Completely unbiased post.

Reizilla

Wasn't Seattle the one that didn't even get 32 teams? XD

Reizilla

MLG should do a Chicago(?) thing and have a Melee tourney one event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom