• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Orlando 2010 - April 16-18th ($7,000) - RESULTS THREAD IS UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Mav, since you work there do you happen to know the price of their cheapest hotel room?

Also, anyone willing to house Long Island? Among our group will probably be the best DK (Will) and the best Mario/Link (KirinBlaze) in the region. Among some others who will of course be good lol. So yeah we can give you practice and of course will pay + we're clean people and don't steal stuff lol

M@v

Subarashii!
hey m@v, i lent u those hookers at pound 4. can i get a cheap room price for hotels, or free admission to Disney?
Nice try, but I wasn't at pound 4

gg

Mav, since you work there do you happen to know the price of their cheapest hotel room?
not off the top of my head, but i'll look them up. You have to remember the prices fluctuate based on seasons.

M@v

Subarashii!
Not of I beat CO for you, assuming I even get to enter

;_____;

If i dont, ill be there cheering FL/PA on.

BTW guys, if you stay at a disney hotel, you'll get free transportation all around the property, including wide world of sports, where MLG is.

And sorry, the monorail doesn't connect to wide world =(

M@v

Subarashii!
AZ YOU MAY WANT TO ADD THIS TO THE OP(or link it)

Ok guys, here are the four cheapest Disney hotels. they start at $82 per night plus tax.

Remember, they include free bus and monorail (where available) transportation all around property, including to wide world of sports, where MLG is.

-Disney's All-Star Music resort
1801 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Room occupancy: 6

-Disney's All-Star Sports resort
1701 West Buena Vista Drive
Room Occupancy:4

-Disney's Pop Century resort
1050 Century Drive
Room Occupancy: 4

-Disney's All Star Movie resort
1901 West Buena Vista Drive
Room Occupancy: 4

A little higher up, but also close to wide world:

-Disney's Coronado Springs
1000 West Buena Vista Drive
$154 per night, + tax

-Disney's animal kingdom lodge
2901 Osceola Parkway
$240 per night + tax

Also, you can go to http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/hotels/ to search every single hotel on property and find out all the information about them.
You can book these hotels on that website as well.

All of the resorts on property are fairly close. You drive across Disney property in about 20 minutes, so wherever you stay, your close.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Mav: thanks for the info. When MLG releases the ruleset I'll sexify the OP with this information + theirs. Nice work btw! Really much appreciated and I hope some smashers can take care of the deals. Also MLG typically has hotel deals going on as well. We should probably also have a couple local smashers see if they can house.

M@v

Subarashii!
Mav: thanks for the info. When MLG releases the ruleset I'll sexify the OP with this information + theirs. Nice work btw! Really much appreciated and I hope some smashers can take care of the deals. Also MLG typically has hotel deals going on as well. We should probably also have a couple local smashers see if they can house.
I'm interning at disney until may, so its no problem (I actually pass wide world every day I go to work, lol). One way or another, you will see me at this, whether I'm just watching or competing depends on if I get off all 3 days. Not too worried if I can't, because I'll be entering MLG Columbus for sure.

I would offer housing, but part of my housing contract forbids it. If I get caught I get the boot.

Lastly, clap, will there be spectator passes?

M@v

Subarashii!
Is there any way I can work with MLG with the housing situation?

I house people.....a lot. >.>

but yeah, I live like 15 minutes from this venue.
^trufax. I was going to mention you but I didn't know if you were going to offer housing or not...

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
not lie, this is awesome.
I do wish melee would be in it again =)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i live like 30-40 from the venue (but 15 from the airport). i may be able to house someone

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
Guess I gotta get in the MLG Spirit by going back to my old avatar....

<----- MLG:toonlink:

House me!

Lol gonna see the prices for this shiz first tho, its about time Florida gets a taste of what TL can really do :p

Sounds like a $5 MM to me ;)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
CaliburChamp said something interesting in another thread...

CaliburChamp said:
Also, there needs to be more neutral stages for more variety and more entertainment. It would look boring to be playing on the same stages all the time. Flat stage and platform stages are way too overused, and because of this, certain characters are better, Diddy Kong, Metaknight, Snake. The starter/neutral stage list should look like this:

Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island Brawl

All of these should be put into random. These stages have no hazards that cause damage. Move able platforms are really no treat and they don't cause an unfair advantage. The transformation stages change form, so a certain character may have an advantage on that stage layout for a moment, but it won't last forever, since the stage changes every so often. Making it fair. Now the counterstages are questionable. It's going to be hard to please everybody on counter pick stages. We can't be playing on the same stages all the time though if we want Brawl to remain interesting and be kept on MLG for multiple years. It's time to evolve the stage rule set into something more diverse. Who here agree's with me?
i agree personally...it would be interesting

edit: i just realized there were 8...get rid of one of them i guess. siege or delfino would be the obvious two to go first but they're more interesting then any others...and entertainment is key

or you could add on halberd.

DJRome

Smash Hero
jason, u should look into getting an actual job. it's prolly not much but at least it's steady. . .

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
jason, u should look into getting an actual job. it's prolly not much but at least it's steady. . .
i approve this statement

im not big on delfino or CS as neutrals due to walkoff CGs. theyre fine as CPs though

DJRome

Smash Hero
from the sounds of things college. but millions of students don't supplement their payments with smash $ so u shouldn't act like this is a lifeline sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom