• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Orlando 2010 - April 16-18th ($7,000) - RESULTS THREAD IS UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hey man!

I scrooge to practice Gliding Better. I have no idea where you came up with the idea that someone would use that to... *gasp*... Avoid Conflict.

:D

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
Since MLG will probably have a team for booting the systems and stuff, can't they hold wiimotes for players?

example:
player X and player Y have a match on TV Z
before sitting down, player Y asks for his wiimote at some desk or a ref, whoever.
the MLG staff will sync up the wiimote to the wii at TV Z and they will play their game.
at the end of the game, player Y returns his wiimote to the staff and they remove batteries, whatever.

it's easier that way so the players don't have their wiimotes in backpacks or pockets to screw up with interference.

juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust an idea.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Scrogging is the Jogging Version of Scrooging.
Was worried no one would give me a decent joke from that. *Salutes*

scrooging = flying under the stage to avoid conflict.
I asked about this 'Scrogging' that everyone was talking about, not Scrooging, the well known gliding technique. Sheesh!

EDIT: Hang on, Less than? Post more in the Broom dammit :mad088:

MateriYA

Smash Cadet
ye they serve hotpockets for free at the events they also give dr pepper for free and stride gum for free. having refs hold wiimotes wont happen because there is just too many wii motes, and this serves as an inconvenience to the refs. They constantly run from station to station and are called upon by the higher staff to do things. People would lose or misplace the wiimotes, its not the refs responsibility.

MLG_Deimos

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>MLG Administrator</i><
Just wanted to post this in case some of you missed it. I kept seeing posts asking why friendly fire (team attack) was off for the 2v2 competition.

Team Attack is on for the 2v2 competition.

The 2v2 settings can be found here:

1. Rules = Stock
2. Stock = 3
3. Timer = 8 Minutes
4. Items = Off & None
5. Team Attack = On

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Just so you guys know, they also revamped the controller port issue. In teams, the higher seed team chooses ONE contoller port. The lower seeded team then chooses 2, and the remaining port is for the other higher seeded player.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
You would be silly not to pick up MK for MLG considering this stage list. Ever seen MK scrooge on Green Greens? I bet not. Time to get creative.

I don't have a problem with the stage list for the most part. I'm kinda meh on Norfair having a higher LGL than everywhere else, but most everything else seems fine. 9 starter stage list is fine and the CP list is good enough IMO (albeit a bit liberal).
MK can't "scrooge" on Picto chat, Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2, Yoshi Island Brawl, Castle Siege, and some parts of Delfino and Halberd. This is why FD, SV, BF only suck. This is why I like this stage list rule set. It would be interesting to see how things play out on Green Greens though. I'm pretty sure they added Green Green's to counter characters that use projectiles like DEHF's Falco laser spam. That's why it's considered a counter stage. If all counter stages were flat and linear, characters like Falco would be good on mostly all stages. It all actually makes sense if you think about it some more.

wowoduend

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to post this in case some of you missed it. I kept seeing posts asking why friendly fire (team attack) was off for the 2v2 competition.

Team Attack is on for the 2v2 competition.

The 2v2 settings can be found here:

1. Rules = Stock
2. Stock = 3
3. Timer = 8 Minutes
4. Items = Off & None
5. Team Attack = On

Muuuuuch better

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Just so you guys know, they also revamped the controller port issue. In teams, the higher seed team chooses ONE contoller port. The lower seeded team then chooses 2, and the remaining port is for the other higher seeded player.
yeah but we wont have to worry about that until colombus. the first event will be random seeded so teams like m2k and ally wont be a high seed...yet

MLG_JV

Smash Ace
yeah but we wont have to worry about that until colombus. the first event will be random seeded so teams like m2k and ally wont be a high seed...yet
Teams will be seeded off singles performance (since singles will come first in Orlando)

iRJi

Smash Champion
For people who did not get this:

It looks like you can only enter doubles if you enter singles for the most part.

If I am wrong, please clarify.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
No I think if you enter singles, you will be seeded in teams, if not, you'll be randomly seeded.
This.

If it's not confirmed, it should be, as that's what seems to be happening. Though, I do recall, though not sure were, that there will be only 64 doubles teams slots, so I dunno if that affects anyone.

I'm glad they fixed the 2v2 character rule. I'd still like to see the Wiimote thing fixed because of the extremely low amount, but equally skilled, players that use them.

And the stage list, though odd, will definitely be interesting to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom