• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Orlando 2010 - April 16-18th ($7,000) - RESULTS THREAD IS UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
guys, its okay, its alex strife.

lol

y u hating on me mike please lol

so will u finally travel to one of my events for apex tis time around or will i have to take a raincheck for the 3rd time XD

iRJi

Smash Champion
Guys, do not just assume it will lag because it is a LCD monitor lol. Learn to read the specs on the differences between both LCD's, HDTV's, and CRT's. For a LCD, the MS plays a big factor as well as how fast the scaling of the image. The standard is 5 ms, which is what the view sonic is using. Since this is a LCD, it will be measured off of the resolution scale as well as how fast the monitor scales up to the image. The scaling of 480p is just fine for this type of monitor. It is enough to run it so that the input will not lag. I have played on this TV for halo, and there is no lag what's so ever.

Edit: Even if there was, just state that there is lag, and the problem will get fixed @ the following event. I am almost 100% sure on the fact the monitor will play out fine.

-!-

Smash Lord
LCD is nowhere near as bad as wifi, trust me.
I think an LCD TV without components is about the same as playing Online...

Edit: Lag is still lag, though it can be very minimal with components or what not... but it'll still have Lag :ohwell:

-!-

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Ally, you are funny.

Sheik sucks in lag. Hope there isn't any.

I forgot my MMs, lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If there is lag, you might have legitimate bad DI johns.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You guys kinda are whining. Even if there is like 2-3 frames of lag you get used to it in ilke 2 matches, hence the warm-up period. If you have visual cues, you will get used to reacting slightly different than with the no lag TV. It's really a non-issue.

ADHD

Smash Hero
You guys kinda are whining. Even if there is like 2-3 frames of lag you get used to it in ilke 2 matches, hence the warm-up period. If you have visual cues, you will get used to reacting slightly different than with the no lag TV. It's really a non-issue.
You're not spending 300-400 dollars to get down there, and not just the lag--the stagelist too.. Who on earth decided that? That's the most ridiculous starter stage set I've ever seen.

-!-

Smash Lord
Can't wait till practice on the new stages... One stage I really do t like is PT2... Damm it :( ill learn it though. Could be worse XD

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
I don't know, I can understand getting used to a frame different when preparing di and stuff like that but what about like ice climbers chain grabs and frame specific buffering and junk? Seems like people using way strict frame techniques like that are going to have a lot of trouble.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i got 2 stocked 2-0'd in tourny against chibo... on a laggy t.v. true story

yay oli mains, lets get gimped... no more timing that whistle :)

HAT

Smash Ace
I'm pretty disappointed in MLG for repeating the same mistakes they've made in the past.

The community [not (necessarily) the bbr] is usually right about its decisions. A number of the stages on that list have been taken off in the past for good reason. But there's not much to do about it.

I do, however, like the in-depth rules list provided.

Space Jam

Smash Apprentice
I understand that some people have accepted the stagelist for what it is, but in all honesty you shouldn't settle for that list.

I'll gladly make an online petition if that's what it's going to take to show MLG, in an organized manner, that the stagelist needs to change. We're still a pretty decent amount of time away from the first event, and even if this petition doesn't get through by the first event it will be solid evidence for c-bus that things need to change. (Holy run on sentence batman.)

Something along the lines of:
"This petition was created by the will of the people of the Brawl community.

The petition's goal is to persuade MLG to change the Stage List for their Brawl tournaments.

The stages in question for removal are: Green Greens, Norfair, Pokemon Stadium 2, and Pictochat.

The stages in question for repositioning from neutral to counterpick are: Lylat Cruise and Castle Siege."

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I understand that some people have accepted the stagelist for what it is, but in all honesty you shouldn't settle for that list.

I'll gladly make an online petition if that's what it's going to take to show MLG, in an organized manner, that the stagelist needs to change. We're still a pretty decent amount of time away from the first event, and even if this petition doesn't get through by the first event it will be solid evidence for c-bus that things need to change. (Holy run on sentence batman.)

Something along the lines of:
"This petition was created by the will of the people of the Brawl community.

The petition's goal is to persuade MLG to change the Stage List for their Brawl tournaments.

The stages in question for removal are: Green Greens, Norfair, Pokemon Stadium 2, and Pictochat.

The stages in question for repositioning from neutral to counterpick are: Lylat Cruise and Castle Siege."
Good idea. Here's a good list to start messing with:

Neutral
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1 (Melee)
Castle Siege

Counter-Pick
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat​

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Last night wifi victims:

Today 3:37 AM addy Win +55 5 i sucks at chaingrabing u got luck ;)
Today 3:17 AM flameleon Win +42 5 warm up johns x9
Today 3:01 AM Pikabunz Win +53 5
Today 2:40 AM Sake Win +54 5 hahaha good stuff old friend
Today 2:19 AM Salem Win +52 5 Jesus Awesome 9000! XD
Today 1:53 AM SomaCruz Win +10 5 ggs i can tell your sandbagging on me lol but nonetheless ggs... i took it last stock high percent but felt weird lol
Today 1:39 AM DJ Jack Win +20 5 ****, great Snake. almost had him 2nd match.
Today 1:16 AM Cheese Win +49 5
Today 12:58 AM Tin Man Win +28 5 wow the Fsmash
Today 12:45 AM Dr. Grandpa Win +105 5 ggs o_O
Today 12:33 AM -Mav- Win +49 5 I shoulda rolled the OTHER way ;_; ggs =P

They will be remembered, they will be remembered.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Last night wifi victims:

Today 3:37 AM addy Win +55 5 i sucks at chaingrabing u got luck ;)
Today 3:17 AM flameleon Win +42 5 warm up johns x9
Today 3:01 AM Pikabunz Win +53 5
Today 2:40 AM Sake Win +54 5 hahaha good stuff old friend
Today 2:19 AM Salem Win +52 5 Jesus Awesome 9000! XD
Today 1:53 AM SomaCruz Win +10 5 ggs i can tell your sandbagging on me lol but nonetheless ggs... i took it last stock high percent but felt weird lol
Today 1:39 AM DJ Jack Win +20 5 ****, great Snake. almost had him 2nd match.
Today 1:16 AM Cheese Win +49 5
Today 12:58 AM Tin Man Win +28 5 wow the Fsmash
Today 12:45 AM Dr. Grandpa Win +105 5 ggs o_O
Today 12:33 AM -Mav- Win +49 5 I shoulda rolled the OTHER way ;_; ggs =P

They will be remembered, they will be remembered.
Ally, keeping it real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom