• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Orlando 2010 - April 16-18th ($7,000) - RESULTS THREAD IS UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverLade

Smash Hero
If nobody saw Richbrowns blog, YOU CAN GET STAGES BANNED.

Just take an hour out of your life and make a video about it explaining why it shouldn't be legal. If you don't have the balls to do that, then don't complain...it's not like they aren't giving us a chance.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
it's a really dumb and ignorant question actually. if a station goes down they will put it back on. it will only take a minute or less to get the station back on instead of 6-7 min sets. So it's not really a big deal to get the station back on. just get over it
no honest question is dumb and/or ignorant, a question seeking an answer/knowledge is just fine~
Cant u use the Classic Wii Controller to start the game. (which is wired)
it's wired to the wiimote which is still a wireless connection from wiimote to wii.
The Wiis will already be turned on and ready to go before warm-ups start.

And of course, we would use Wiimotes to turn a Wii back on or to reset it if the game freezes or if there was power failure.

Wiimotes will NOT be permitted by the players to be used during the Pro Circuit competition.
alright.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If the game ends with the results going to sudden death, regardless of HOW it happened (suicide KO's, time out and same percent, clashing moves) then you will play 1 stock, 4 minute, same stage same character match.

In other words: there are no special rules saying "the initiator always wins" so that is why you don't even see a mention of it.

trumptight

Smash Journeyman
If the game ends with the results going to sudden death, regardless of HOW it happened (suicide KO's, time out and same percent, clashing moves) then you will play 1 stock, 4 minute, same stage same character match.

In other words: there are no special rules saying "the initiator always wins" so that is why you don't even see a mention of it.
Thank you. I hate lossing like that lol.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
you can still lose by time out if they have lower % then you you know...sudden deaths dont happen that often

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Complexity: That is unknown actually. Because the match ended in a tie so they would have to play a 1-stock tiebreaker round...so he would still have a chance to win.

complexity1234

Smash Apprentice
Complexity: That is unknown actually. Because the match ended in a tie so they would have to play a 1-stock tiebreaker round...so he would still have a chance to win.
Thats the point though. He earned the win.. but lookin at the stages i can see why this rule was changed also

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
He didn't earn the win. He earned a tie. The game said "sudden death". Both him and the opponent lost all 3 stocks on the same frame.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i still don't feel that i got an answer as to if the wii-motes effect their equipment, or if their worried about their equipment interfering with ours

Overswarm

is laughing at you
i still don't feel that i got an answer as to if the wii-motes effect their equipment, or if their worried about their equipment interfering with ours
I think the current response is "You can't use a wiimote. We have several trained professionals that have given this recommendation and we aren't risking our event's integrity for a few players".

If you know something special, go ahead and fill them in. Otherwise, just cross your fingers and practice with a GC.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Ruleset 3 wont be out for over 2 months, and frankly I do not know if it is correct or not. It might or might not. I haven't read up on the topic much.

The biggest things (in no order) imo are:
-Legality of Green Greens
-Legality of Norfair
-Having an LGL
-If a LGL must be enstated, then why does it apply to all characters and not just MK
-Some grab release infinites are banned while others are not (example, why can't Marth GR infinite Lucas/Ness while Sheik and others can? What about GR stalling with Wario from characters like Bowser?)
-Some "infinites" are allowed like DDD on various characters are not allowed yet others are (like DDD on DDD or Zero Suit on ROB)
-Basing a lot of rules off of seeding such as who strikes first (esp at Orlando where it's all seeded randomly)
-Picking the stage bans before match 1 even occurs
-You can not use modified controllers and yet controllers without shoulder springs are allowed
I agree with this entire posting, excluding the legality, since I don't mind it too much.

MLG_Deimos

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>MLG Administrator</i><
The simple answer is both.

Clap has answered this question a few pages back.

Clap said:
I'm sorry it affects you so adversely, but we banned your controller because we know what we're doing. We did the same with the PS3 after being advised to BY SONY ENGINEERS about how the wireless signals will be jammed. Sony actually built us custom bluetooth disabled controllers for tournament use. With over 200 Xboxes, 20 Wiis, and 60 PS3s in the same room, there is a 'signal haze' in the room that actually prevents us from using wireless internet from industrial routers, let alone wireless controllers. Would some work? Maybe. Would they work if we let everyone use them? Absolutely not.

We've been doing these events for a while now (:p) and this is something we have explored backwards, forwards, and side ways, we're 100% confident that we made the right decision. Again, I'm sorry if it has put any competitors in a bad position, but it was a necessary decision.
Wiimotes will not be permitted.

Kel

Smash Master
Will brackets be made the day of the tournament or will they be released before next Friday?

Everyone likes to scout their competition/ complain about who they play. I won't complain either way, I'm just curious.

Actually, it might be better if brackets weren't released beforehand because the early matches would be determined by general knowledge and skill rather than studying opponents through youtube (*glares at redhalberd*).

Just curious.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
lameee

then i fully support us being shown the bracket early, like how we'd be shown the pools early if they were made

i think it could create much more hype for expected matches now

and i bet more spectator passes/people on lives stream would go crazy

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
lameee

then i fully support us being shown the bracket early, like how we'd be shown the pools early if they were made

I agree completely, At least the all powerful MLG should be able to do that for us...

on a side note

Also been using a Gamecube Controller and got 1st place in Doubles and 3rd in Singles yesterday... I just gotta learn how to adapt to that stupid C stick *sigh*.... So let's do it PS...

OverLade

Smash Hero
Actually, it might be better if brackets weren't released beforehand because the early matches would be determined by general knowledge and skill rather than studying opponents through youtube (*glares at redhalberd*).
Youtube only helps so much, I assure you.

And an open 256 man bracket at the hardest tournament of all time doesn't sound dumb at all...

-!-

Smash Lord
I don't mind the open bracket.. Just the random seeding. Not that it will hurt me lol but just for the top players that may face early... and I may miss those matches :(

Noa.

Smash Master
I would absolutely love if they do pools. Pools increase how fun the tourney is as well as how accurate and fair it is for the entrants. This would especially be useful since there is no seeding and this can help set that up.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You people talking about pools should just stop. They aren't gonna do them.

This tournament is gonna be so amazing. -2 weeks hype!

-!-

Smash Lord
I just can't wait for this lol I'm so hyped. I'm getting some serious practice nd i may surprise some people >_>

M@v

Subarashii!
I am now entering MLG orlando singles :D. I found out this morning i was off for the whole event, and got my pass(miracle some were left).

But im waiting for the bracket****s to occur, due to the random seeding.

MLG_Deimos

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>MLG Administrator</i><
lameee

That is not possible because we will not know what the bracket will look like until everybody has checked-in at the event.

Pools will not be used. The singles competition will be bracket play.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
u could make the bracket based off the most possible attending

like the ideal bracket if everyone who signed up goes.

then from there, whoever doesn't show just replace their name with a bye. that way when the time comes to make the bracket, few changes have to be made, and the tourniment can start all the quicker, and now with added hype from prior bracket knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom