• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Raleigh 2010 - Aug 27-29 - $7,000 to top8 - Tournament Underway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
alpha zealot, what happens to players who are tied in seeding points?

like tearbear and adhd for instance

they're both tied for seed 9th if dojo gnes and dsf arent coming (which they arent)

is it random, abc order, etc wat!? lol
It is random. It seems pretty bad when the top players are tied, but you have to understand that something like 30 players are tied with 10 points and like 50 are tied with 5.

Kel

Smash Master
It is random. It seems pretty bad when the top players are tied, but you have to understand that something like 30 players are tied with 10 points and like 50 are tied with 5.
Actually, I'm the only person scrubby enough to place 33rd at both events, so I'm the only one with 10 points. I'm seeded 26th currently.... =(

MLG_Deimos

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>MLG Administrator</i><
alpha zealot, what happens to players who are tied in seeding points?

like tearbear and adhd for instance

they're both tied for seed 9th if dojo gnes and dsf arent coming (which they arent)

is it random, abc order, etc wat!? lol
Ties are randomly broken.

When will brackets be up :) I want to know if I'm gonna get stomped by DEHF or M2K first round :s
We won't have the brackets until 5 PM EST on Friday, August 27th.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
hey AZ, despite the massive amount of byes round 1, will r2 still start at the normal time or will it start early

As 35th seed I get a bye first round then fight seed #94. If I win that I get to fight the winner of seeds 30 and 99. If I win that I will play 3rd seed if there are no upsets. If I beat #3 I face seed #14 if there are no upsets in that section.

#94 = random unseeded player
#99 = random unseeded player
#30 = Equal chance of being Cheese, Xaltis, Reflex, Sky, Hunger, Zex, Snipa, and MVD (If one less player with any points didn't show up, it would have been a third random unseeded player)
#3 = Tyrant
#14 = Fatal

Though I wished my third round match wasn't one of those and was instead an unseeded player, I've gotta say I am pumped for this bracket. I've never gotten to fight Tyrant before in tournament and I think I've got this. What ROBs are there in WC? lol

After that I've got a Snake that I've yet to play in tournament on TVs with a frame or two of lag.... Mmmmm tasty :)

If I lose my third round match vs seed #30, then I fight the winner of #101 and #92, providing no upsets in the winners bracket.

I'm not gonna calculate who I have to play if I lose to Tyrant, because I'm more confident of my fourth round match than my third round :)

Edit: I think my match is a little off, I counted only 30 ranked players attending this, and yet I'm seed #35. I should be the first player to come after the ranked seeds because of my online points, but that leaves 4 players unaccounted for. It doesn't change what seeds I have to play, only what people. I do definitely fight Tyrant fourth round and Fatal fifth however, and my third round match should still be a player with 5 circuit points...

Edit2: Turns out I missed Zex and Snipa, but that still leaves 2 players unaccounted for that I missed.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
what there is no way i would fight the winner of you and tyrant 3rd round
You vs winner of me and tyrant is 5th round, not 3rd lol

I have everyone's seeds down I'm just missing 2 people, I can't figure out who

there are 32 ranked players here (players with any circuit points at all) and i'm seed 35, so who is 33 and 34?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Why lol, there are 35 or 36 seeded players and over 100 unseeded

if anyone wants to know something just ask, iv got all the data open on my comp

I'll make your bracket now

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Fatal

Seed #14 (confirm if I'm right on this)

Baring no upsets seed wise

Bye
Winner of #115 and #142
Winner of #51 and #78
Either Bizkit, Felix, or Will (since they are tied for that seed)
Tyrant... or me :)
Winner of Lee Martin and BigLou
Ally

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea fatal i was going off that page, going through again for the third time to find out who i missed

missed cloudstealth (who is he and why does he have 250 points from orlando lol)

so that only leaves one left. depending on these changes you might have 0 chance of playing bizkit, il kno in a min

edit: screw this im gonna make a 64 person bracket, and il be able to fill in 35 of the ppl

edit: ok found everyone accounted for, i have the seeds 100% right, gonna make a bracket now

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Well...right now there will be 14 matches in round 1. There will be no byes in Round 2.

However, I'd expect there to be a few door registrations, so there may be more than 14 matches in round 1.

Also I may be doing the math in my head wrong, in which case its 14 players in 7 matches.
so u mean 128 people are getting byes first round?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The byes in this bracket are random unseeded players. However note that there are a lot of good players coming that are unseeded.

Unseeded players:

Bold = good players I know

0 .sPiTe.
0 6_Mizu
0 A_RocketPSIentist
0 AlliieD_
0 AmazingSnapple
0 Amkhokar
0 Ansem29201
0 arcthefallen
0 Asy1umRat
0 bebhylian
0 Bloodcross
0 bnzaaa

0 brningpyre
0 ChaosDrifter
0 CLSP
0 Clyde_Ashmar
0 Corporal_Screwup
0 CountCrakkkula
0 CpE_Wahoo
0 CrimsoniteX
0 -DamagePoints-
0 Darkfire150
0 Deathshift
0 Demondra
0 dfear
0 Doom423
0 Dr.Gravity
0 Dr.Yogi
0 dragoniota
0 dwjonathan
0 elev8
0 elicookie
0 E-Tigre
0 Foxy_
0 GeorgeThePlushie
0 H1N1_
0 Hael_Phael
0 HyperPikachu
0 ilovelaurenp
0 Iramo
0 ironpham
0 Izumi
0 jehoram
0 Jerogai
0 Kadaj_7
0 KDS_Legend
0 Kenshinhan
0 KillerSOS
0 King.......
0 kirbycpok
0 KirinBlaze
0 knothead88
0 KoozyK
0 Ladylegion
0 legendary_pk
0 LoliLovesRain
0 Lumi
0 Machiave
0 madkatz
0 Micaelis
0 mickeysgotagun
0 Mister-Eric
0 Mr H is Mario
0 Mudvayne91
0 nice1
0 NorcalSean
0 nu_
0 only4GOD
0 Perilous89
0 pitskeyblade
0 powuh_of_PIE
0 Punishment.Divine
0 purpleboots
0 Raggy_bro
0 Raikage_C
0 RaleighPika
0 rbm1golf3
0 Ryumisen
0 SadaharuInui
0 SayUncle
0 Shady_Penguin
0 SickNasty2330
0 Snake4210
0 SomaCruz05
0 sorasin
0 SpeedShocka
0 Sphere.
0 stealth3654
0 stingers135
0 Stockfield
0 TACOGRE
0 taren17
0 TGSM
0 the12fonz2112
0 TheJoey095
0 Tommy_G
0 toobusy2care
0 TrowaKisu
0 Tulat2
0 TurboEther
0 TuRtL
0 Vinnie_C
0 woodsjt
0 Xelas
0 xraid
0 Xzax
0 Zucco_

In the bracket there are ties, which means the players that could be there is a random choice of the players tied for that seed.

Tie #1
ADHD and Tearbear

Tie #2
Rich Brown and Chaz

Tie #3
Bizkit, Felix, and Will

Tie #4
NinjaLink, Kismet, and Grimacepok

Tie #5
Cheese, Xaltis, Reflex, Hunger, Zex, Snipa, MVD, and Sky

Now as long as there are no upsets in the first two rounds (which there very well might be from the good unranked players), this is the winners bracket starting at round 3:

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
If i play biglou i'm just gonna rage mlg and be like **** EVERYTHING. :(

or fatal. screw snake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom