• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 MLG Raleigh Registration: REGISTER ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We are in MLG now, and I would really, really love to see us return each and every year. One of our selling points has always been the ability to get bodies out there, but right now with this tournament it is really not looking that way. MLG runs this tournament with no support from Nintendo and they can't get a livestream up either. Part of our inclusion in the circuit is our ability to get people out to events, and if we can't do that then our ability to be on the Pro Tour next season will be in jeopardy. If you know someone who is interested in coming out to the event, or you have a car coming down/up from somewhere with space for another person or two, please reach out to others and see if they can make it for the event. I'd really love to see some huge attendance from the North East/South East, since this area is really <10 hour drive for most people in that area. I've made those long car trips for tournaments like COT4/Pound, so I know they are totally doable on the cheap.

I'm aware the timing for this event hasn't been superb considering Apex, but we really have to get as many people out to this as possible. Anyone from NC, if you could get your local scene more into it since they are the most likely to be able to register last minute, or maybe put a flier up or something at a LAN center TODAY, that would be a huge help.

Once again, registration closes in just a couple days (August 23). Please register as soon as possible. I do not want us to have a huge blemish on our attendance record when it comes time for them to evaluate whether we make it onto the tour next season.

REGISTER HERE!

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I reposted this about 7 times so everybody would see it and made a blog on aib

short notice but I will try to make sure the next MLG event gets better attendance. I think Apex and other big tourneys are the reason that this suffered though. Next MLG should be bigger.

Jem.

Smash Master
i would come if most the events werent on east coast and destroying my wallet to fly over/hotel/food/etc :p

but seriously I hope this gets a good turnout. It would be a shame if this gets a lower turnout than Columbus. North Carolina is an..interesting location to say the least. Should have just gone to Meadowlands for this one, but I don't pick the locations.

real talk ill be at Washington DC/Dallas MLG's, cant afford to go to this though.

Damage Points

Smash Ace
Last time mlg was in NC it was huge. I def think apex messed up the attendance. I'm hoping for atleast 160. Regardless well still have more than Tekken lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom