• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Raleigh Results - August 27th-29th - Full Results and Brackets Up!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
5/6th is more like it. 3rd=fluke

i can guarantee it will never happen again in the next 10 years. lol
Since Felix took out all the competition thrown at him besides Lee and M2K it makes me wonder if he could have beaten Ally, ADHD, or Atomsk. I wouldn't call it out of the question considering his other wins in bracket. Would have made the tourney more interesting if he fought some of the DQed from winners players.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
wow some people are being mad rude itt...that didnt even go like wtf. like let the winners enjoy their victories...felix didnt get 3rd place by beating scrubs.

hunger!

Smash Champion
xyro, quit bashing felix man. Out of this whack azz tourney, he's one of the few players that got his placing legitly.

Felix. Is. A. Fukkin'. Monster.

I probably won't be doing SO's for this since there was so much drama n shiit and alot of people hated this tourney but w/e. We'll see.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I don't see how this tournament was wack besides from the people who got DQ'd.

hunger!

Smash Champion
anti, ALOT of shiit went down, no joke. The sheer number of the DQ's was just ridiculous for dumb azz reasons but that will probably (or maybe already have, not lookin' through 14 pages) be discussed and explained.

MLG doubles are pointless when it gets to finals btw. the players cant even agree to a normal 3/5 finals set. It HAS to be 2/3(edit: nvm fatal got to it before me)

To sum it up for one person:
Atomsk got royally fukked this tourney.

Was still fun hanging with everyone and all that jazz :colorful:

Jem.

Smash Master
Felix lost to lee cause lee plays GNES(the better diddy player). M2k had close games with felix cause almost ALL diddys get close to beating him. Felix got very very far cause ally/atmosk/adhd got dqed early.

felix getting 3rd=fluke. No offense.
edited. . . .

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
I thought the Peach board was the place to go for drama, but man did I hit the mother-load!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Good stuff Lee! Keep it up :).

QUIVO

Smash Master
AZ for good TO'ing.

Dojo for best since he lost early at columbus and still got 5th. I don't wanna hear johns from other top players.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
I was unable to get Pro Status as expected because of the Dq's :(

Had they not happened I would have went forward to play Havok in the losers finals of my bracket.
Instead I was hit with the line of Atomsk, ADHD, then Ally all in a row in order to advance.
Despite the dumbness that occurred the entire weekend was great overall.

Terry, Atomsk, Ally, NL, Larry, and Wyatt it was a lot of fun staying at Keith's place. I really enjoyed chilling and playing with you guys

Mike, Carlos, Eric, Zex had a lot of fun playing and chilling with you guys throughout the weekend ‹3 WC

Lee nice seeing you again, we still didn't play 1v1s but it was fun hanging out at Keith's place

CO it was cool teaming with you, maybe next time we will have more time to play/practice to have a more solid gameplan

Seibrik always great to see you dude, good practice as always

Keith thanks for letting me stay, it was kinda gay I had to leave early. I had a great time though, hope you learned a lot from the tourney

Allied it was mad fun meeting you again, gg's in doubles don't stop improving dude the potential is definitely there. I wanted to start trash talking back LMAO but I wanted to try and keep focused haha
I woke up without playing to hear we had to play you and Vinnie, my face was asleep during our set lol

Afro good to see you again dude, you should definitely try to get out to more nationals, once you learn those mu's your going to be doing even more damage

Sky gg's man, nice to finally meet you in person. Your really funny

to everyone else I played gg's and it was great seeing/meeting you all

See everyone at DC

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Good ****, m2k.

Also, there was quite a bit of salt at this event all around. DQ's are lame, yeah... but honestly we should be expecting people to get harsher with DQ's. Or... you know, be expecting to be DQ'ed when people manage not to be at a place when they should. Somewhere along the line, this stopped happening and now we're so ****ing spoiled over it.

I'm a random, low-tier main and I expect that if I'm not there for a match that I'll be DQ'd. It sucks, but god****. People got **** to do and MLG is a brand. You'd think if money was on the line, they'd be all about their business. Time for people to step their **** up.

Otherwise, kudos to Fatal, Felix and NickRiddle in particular in doing things that weren't expected of them... beating who they had to play. Also, mad hype to Mister Eric, Kel and KirinBlaze. Seems like it was an interesting tournament, all things considered.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
shoutouts:

reflex- thanks for the hug ;DD

hungrybox- see inui

inui- u look like hungrybox has a ******** cousin

Suspect

Smash Hero
one stock forfeit rule is stupid cause what if someone has 2 stocks 168%? (or any high percent)

taking a stock away wont hurt them really, they will just go to 1 stock 0%

Take pause off.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
one stock forfeit rule is stupid cause what if someone has 2 stocks 168%? (or any high percent)

taking a stock away wont hurt them really, they will just go to 1 stock 0%

Take pause off.
Come on suspect how do you sound?

If they have high percent and if they get grabbed THEY ARE GONNA HAVE TO SD.

Not like they can grab your next stock @ 0 percent.

Grabs --> Death (With the possibility of ****ing up the grab)

So the most they get is a free death (With no possibility of ****ing up since they are SD'ing)

Suspect

Smash Hero
Oh yall are talking about pausing during a chaingrab?

thought yall were talking about just random pauses :/ cause that has happened to me a few times and i have seen it happen to others. It's annoying.

pause should still be off

bigman40

Smash Master
Had fun at this. First national and second OoS for me. Considering all the bull**** that went down, I'm fine as long as I had gotten within top 64.

AZ, can you post the full results instead of posting a portion of it (or at least halfway)?

Quick Shoutouts:

West coast: Didn't get to play you all like I wanted :( Next time, I'll play you guys early. Also, thx for the tips DEHF. Next time, I won't get ***** as easily.

FL: Didn't get to play many of you guys either. Like I wanted to before, I'll be planning to come to one FL tourney. However, the ones I did played, I kinda wish you don't sandbag me.

Mr. Eric: Good shee on beating me. I'ma learn the ROB matchup and beat you next time :)

Washington: Too beast. Great playing you guys.

To everyone else: Enjoyed chillin with you guys. Hope I'll see each of yall again too.

Foxy

Smash Master
Results Listing and Character Tier Counts for National Events

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmjadhntsjlrdGh0bzN3WUc1T3pRclNuOTRwdU1jdXc&hl=en

Take a look at it - I've been keeping results from MLG events (and APEX) for Brawl for fun, and I added some tabs that total up the tier representation at each event (for Top 8/16/32) along with the final scores and some pie charts that compare the tiers across those three placings.

Especially for those of you curious in MK dominance, it has some info.

EDIT: Added full MLG Raleigh results with who each player lost to (in winners and losers) for everyone in the top 96.

Joemama8

Smash Journeyman
Amazing as always M2K!

good **** everyone else, to those who got dq'ed, sorry. Always sucks to lose without playing...

always amazed at az for being able to throw this stuff together.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Results Listing and Character Tier Counts for National Events

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmjadhntsjlrdGh0bzN3WUc1T3pRclNuOTRwdU1jdXc&hl=en

Take a look at it - I've been keeping results from MLG events (and APEX) for Brawl for fun, and I added some tabs that total up the tier representation at each event (for Top 8/16/32) along with the final scores and some pie charts that compare the tiers across those three placings.

Especially for those of you curious in MK dominance, it has some info.
I see a flaw in your chart. You rank the characters by tier positions like S, A, B, C, D and so on. Rank them by character not by the tier list name in your Character Analysis Chart. I say this because characters are always moving into different tiers every few months.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I had fun. Loved messing around, putting pennys on M2K's head with afro and him chasing us down. Also hyping Afro up for rock paper sissor money matches. XD

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR

This is a joke, none of it is supposed to be taken seriously or literally

Foxy

Smash Master
I see a flaw in your chart. You rank the characters by tier positions like S, A, B, C, D and so on. Rank them by character not by the tier list name in your Character Analysis Chart. I say this because characters are always moving into different tiers every few months.
I definitely understand that, the main reason that I opted for Tiers instead of characters is because

- There are too many characters to give any good numerical or graphical sense of the representation
- Character-specific data is too dependent on the individual players (and also their attendance)

The second point is a pretty big deal, as you can see if you look at the D through G tiers; there are a few placings for them, but it's obviously just because of the specific players (Reflex, Shaky, San, Lou, Choice, Will are the only ones) who can get top 32 with them. Once you notice that, then it becomes obvious that the representation of those tiers is entirely dependent on the attendance of just those players.

Doing it by character is about the same. You don't learn anything if you see a 1 ZSS in the top 8 at Raleigh - you already know that it's Nick. If you see 1 Olimar in top 16 at Raleigh, you basically know that it's Rich Brown. Even for more broad data, like Diddy Kong players in the top 32 at Raleigh, all that "2" says to you is "ADHD and Felix".

Hence using tiers; it still gives a sense of the metagame, rather than just players, for most of the tiers.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Izumi had to play at 2PM. He told me of the situation at 1:30PM. If you don't think he jeopardized his own tournament match by leaving for a "10 minute" drive (the quotes is cause "10 minutes" is likely a underestimate) then you are nuts. Aside from the drive he would also have to leave the venue, come back in the venue, likely wait for them to get their stuff cause I highly doubt they would be outside in the driveway just waiting to be picked up, etc etc. To many unknown factors. Meanwhile Izumi was there, on time/early and ready for his match. Why should he risk himself getting DQ'd when the answer to the situation was as simple as them calling a taxi? There really isn't any excuse here.

I've been to 30+ MLG events in 20+ different cities. I go by taxi at ALL of these places. Trust me, if they were as close to the city as they claimed and had called a taxi at 1:30PM when they were told to do so, then they would have been picked up and at the venue not just in time for the 2:30PM start time of the match, but likely 20 minutes prior to that. I told them (via telling Izumi to tell them) to do this, it would have worked, and atomsk confirmed to me that they got the message even. But they chose to wait for Izumi for some reason (and also to set up the situation in the first place where they would only be at the venue right before their match instead of arriving decently early like every other player at the tournament).

Maybe/Probably? I'd have to evaluate whether he had an actually unavoidable medical condition/problem/was sick.

You really want to compare someone doing everything they can to get to their match on time, then having something unfortunate like being sick happen?

Versus someone who planned poorly, slept in, and didn't do something as simple as making a phone call to a taxi company?

What am I gonna hear next? That in the days of the internet they didn't know the taxi number?
Whats weird is, I was told the night before that Izumi was picking us up at 1 pm. Now I woke everybody UP at 12:23, thinking our ride was coming in an hour, I didnt know what was going on since I wasnt the one talking to Izumi, so its w-e I'm never staying at someone else house.

Jem. I 3-0ed Felix in a mm.

I think I trust people too much, I'll just hang out at the hotel.

But we were 15 mins away, at Mongoose house, the only persons left at the house was me NL atomsk ADHD Larry I think + Mongoose, I never heard about the Taxi thingy, I would have taken it and took no chance =l I was ready at like 1:15 mins.

- I'm free.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
I had a fun weekend. The tournament itself was..disappointing with all that happened in terms of DQ's though.

Good job to MLG for working on the TV's. I could notice a considerable difference from Columbus. They were much better this time around and great job getting more free-play time in for everyone. That was a big plus.

Looking forward to some ruleset changes after this one and seeing everyone again at DC.

Top Bottom