• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 MLG Raleigh Was A Piece of Cake for M2K?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yunior597

Smash Journeyman
Well like expected M2K won mlg raleigh... but the grand final was easier than ever... im not underestimating Lee Martin... but i expected the usual Ally Vs M2K or at least ADHD in the grand finals...

Too bad they got DQ due to whatever they were doing... well lets hope for a better MLG next time without DQ;)

Damage Points

Smash Ace
lee martin is an amazing player what r u talking about. he knows his mk cant beat m2ks but no one can. Lee would have still made it that far without the dqs mah dude.

MVD

Smash Master
agreed Lee is amazing, enjoyable to watch and especially hilarious in grand finals, bringing out the big guns haha

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: Fino ninja'd me. :p

Also, M2K had to face Felix, Lee Martin, DEHF, Havok, etc.

You wanna tell me that's easy?

Merkuri

Smash Lord
EDIT: Fino ninja'd me. :p

Also, M2K had to face Felix, Lee Martin, DEHF, Havok, etc.

You wanna tell me that's easy?
It's too bad he didn't play Felix again in GFs. That would have been closer.

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
Maybe, but Grand Finals don't define a good tourney or a difficicult bracket.

Just look at all the upset matches at Raleigh.

NICK RIDDLE BEAT DEHF OMGGGG.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Well Nick Riddle has already beaten Ally and Tyrant. Beating DEHF wasn't an upset at all imo.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Who is this guy? geez...

Remember that thread Orion made about how ZSS shouldn't ever make it that far because everyone should have a pocket falco? yeah, look at him now...

Absolut Zero

Smash Rookie
Lee Martin would have prob lost another 2-0 to me again if I didn't get dq'ed or Atomsk or ADHD, Lee side of the bracket got lucky. Oh well grats to em all, at DC we'll see.
Lee will beat your *** in the championships, hes sandbagging everyone except m2k until championships... hes not even using his best character...

and atleast he gave us entertainment in the finals, what did you give us? good tries...lol
gl, ur gonna need it

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Statistically speaking Raleigh was 3X as hard for M2K than Columbus, since he dropped 3 games in Raleigh and only 1 game in Columbus.

Obvious that is a skewed statistic, but just pointing out that people took games from him.

Ignaxio

Smash Cadet
Lee will beat your *** in the championships, hes sandbagging everyone except m2k until championships... hes not even using his best character...

and atleast he gave us entertainment in the finals, what did you give us? good tries...lol
gl, ur gonna need it
Oh christ, I'm loling at your stupidity. Please do us all a favour and STFU.

Now I've got that out the way... like M2K said, this was not an easy tournament for him at all.

Good stuff to him, Lee, Felix, Seibrik and everyone else who placed top16 (besides Cheese, I got no respect for that guy at all).

I was really hoping for a M2K v Felix GF, but darn you Lee for stopping that from occuring! :mad:

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration

gl, ur gonna need it
keeping that perfect set score vs lee since 08, good try LOL. Lee gave good tries too, don't see your point vs M2K who wasn't playing at his best.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Well Nick Riddle has already beaten Ally and Tyrant. Beating DEHF wasn't an upset at all imo.
Nick beating DEHF was considered an upset because Falco is generally considered to be ZSS' toughest matchup.

Limeee

Smash Champion
(besides Cheese, I got no respect for that guy at all).
STFU CHEESE IS SECKS

seriously though why does everyone hate him? its in the rules that your not allowed to pause, so why not take advantage of it?

please don't tell me its about honor >.<

:009:

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
Cheese has giant steel balls. M2k does whatever it takes to win. Cheese followed suit. Unhappy people should take it up with MLG.

Off topic yaaay!

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
I seriously stopped paying attention to these MLG events after Orlando. It was obvious M2K was going to win the rest. I couldn't give a **** about 2nd, 3rd, etc.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Cheese more often than not doesn't outskill people.

When he sees a lucas, he doesn't harden his resolve. He goes DK because he knows the inifinite. When he sees a DK, he goes DDD, because he knows the infinite. He mains cheap bull****, and that gets under people's skin.

Not to mention he's a douchebag not only about the game but in real life. Thats why people don't like cheese.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero

gl, ur gonna need it
lolololololol who is this guy hahaha ,he's so dumb.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]

When he sees a lucas, he doesn't harden his resolve. He goes DK because he knows the inifinite. When he sees a DK, he goes DDD, because he knows the infinite. He mains cheap bull****, and that gets under people's skin.

Not to mention he's a douchebag not only about the game but in real life. Thats why people don't like cheese.
This. I know Chuee had to go against him in bracket. Cheese didn't let him double-blind character pick and went DK right off the bat. Then Chuee went to Delfino and got wall CG'd by DDD. I can't believe he's even associated with vVv. They really need to drop him.

Asa

Smash Hero
how can you refuse it

isn't it a right for the player to have double-blind?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Cheese knew he would go Lucas first match so... yeah... it's hard to DB when you know the other person's character.

Chuee

Smash Hero
I wouldn't really say he knew I would pick Lucas..............but he basically switched to DK as soon as I picked Lucas, so I switched to Ness.

KoozyK

Smash Ace
I wouldn't really say he knew I would pick Lucas..............but he basically switched to DK as soon as I picked Lucas, so I switched to Ness.
im not gonna tell you how that annoys me that cheese went donkey kong right after u picked lucas...isnt there a rule on who picks there character first?

Flayl

Smash Hero
You're supposed to call double blind right after he counterpicked you. That way you could've surprised him with Ness (is Ness really a good choice against DK?)

NNID
Budget_Player

WTF are you talking about? Look, I'm sorry, but this logic is not only ******** but it is ****ing scrubby. "He didn't outskill his opponent because his opponent chose a terrible limited character and he made the smart choice of forcing them to play their 80-20 matchups out"? Well maybe he didn't. It doesn't take much skill But I'll tell you what. It's not cheese's fault. It's as much his fault as it is M2K's fault that he goes MK against MikeHaze when both of MikeHaze's mains suck *** against MK; it's as much his fault as it is anyone who mains a good character's when they win against a ganondorf main. His opponents gave him very solid opportunities to just flat-out win the set for free, and he did the only competitive option. It's like berating M2K for punishing reads on a patterned MK noob who spams tornado, dsmash, and shuttle loop. No, he was not being cheap. His opponent practically handed him the win on a silver platter.

What is wrong with you guys? There's nothing cheap about choosing your character wisely. In fact, in an ideal world, everyone would have a pocket DDD to deal with DKs, everyone would have a pocket Pikachu to deal with foxes, et cetera. Your opponent chose a character who is not viable, or rather has a single matchup so bad that it invalidates them, and you're NOT willing to punish them with that?

****ing brawl community man. God dammit. Every ****ing one of you pathetic scrubs. I don't feel sorry for Will at all. He chose DK, knowing full well that if his opponent chose DDD, it would be a ridiculously easy win. I don't feel remotely sorry for Chuee. He knew both the risks involved with playing Lucas (similar to DK) and that Lucas is a bad limited character. I don't feel sorry for random ganon main X, who may be the most skilled brawler in the world but limits his ability to actually play the game by choosing a character who is absolutely terrible. I have no sympathy for those who choose BAD characters for whatever reason; it's their own fault when they run into a matchup like DDD-DK, DK-Lucas, Sheik/ICs/Oli/DDD-Ganon.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Do us a favor and leave the community you so hate.

Seriously, 3 big paragraphs of mostly insults coming a from a guy who has never been to an offline tournament in his life (hasn't even TRIED).

People, stop letting him get away with this ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom