• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 MLG Raleigh Was A Piece of Cake for M2K?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I can't believe I actually read through 6 pages of this....ugh....

WARNING- WALL OF TEXT INCOMING!!!

Okay...here's the deal, and listen up, because it applies to ANY game. So long as we live in the US...counter picking is legal. If a person is able to play MULTIPLE characters at a high enough level to make the match-up actually work, then that in itself is a skill. It means that the person put in the extra time to learn whatever it takes. It isn't cheap....annoying..YES. Maybe a bit "dishonorable", but not cheap.

As far as walking a line....you can't win...period. People will complain in the US. When someone wins for a VERY long time with ONE character, people will be like, "Oh, I guarantee that's the only character he can play...they aren't good." When someone is able to play MULTIPLE characters, they'll say "Oh, I bet you if he stuck to just one character, he won't be able to win."

Case in point...if you win ALL the time....people will hate you. Depending on the tactic, people will hate you. So in other words, in order to be liked by people you have to:

1.) Not win all the time
2.) Only do things like cp in certain situations.
------------------------

The whole GF thing...people need to get over it. It WILL happen. These people ARE playing for money. However, it's not contracted ANYWHERE that they need to finish it in any particular way. Gaming is not like a professional sport where you have to play to the very end. (Football doesn't do that, btw...sometimes they just run the clock out, or the other team won't even try if they know it's hopeless. Exception to the rule, even though, they're supposed to play..running the clock out is 'legit'.)

Why is that? Well...because they have a right to do it. They aren't bound by anything except themselves. If they just got paid to play...it'd probably be a different story. They would HAVE to play out a set with them trying. Giving a show, but it's not the case. They have to fight to get to a money spot. It's up to them what they want to do when they hit GF.

While you may not approve of a player's tactics....it isn't really cheap. Also...the M2K using MK on a bad match-up is a bad example. Sorry to whomever posted that, but he ONLY plays MK. You would have needed to use the Melee situation where he switches between Marth/Fox/Sheik.

Well...just thought I'd mention that.....I'm good now.

-Deuces!!!-

Enzo

Smash Lord
Wow someone please make Praxis stfu. Maybe BPC does get flamed way more than he should (i'm starting to like his posts also anyways :)) but still there's no reason to have to suck his mother****ing **** you little *****.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUURN AH JEEEEEEEEEEEESUS

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I really hope Mew2king loses a set before this circuit of MLG is over.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Im not gonna bother reading the first couple pages but m2k did vs DEHF round 5 I believe (went to game 3) and lost to him at apex 2 weeks before, Finals might have not been but M2k hasn't really let MLG escape him and if you blame seeding realize seeding is for the top players that are getting money if you cant beat player X that is your own fault and you need to step your game up or pick a character to counter there own (dont care about pride if your gonna john about that)

Spamzfair

Smash Cadet
WTF are you talking about? Look, I'm sorry, but this logic is not only ******** but it is ****ing scrubby. "He didn't outskill his opponent because his opponent chose a terrible limited character and he made the smart choice of forcing them to play their 80-20 matchups out"? Well maybe he didn't. It doesn't take much skill But I'll tell you what. It's not cheese's fault. It's as much his fault as it is M2K's fault that he goes MK against MikeHaze when both of MikeHaze's mains suck *** against MK; it's as much his fault as it is anyone who mains a good character's when they win against a ganondorf main. His opponents gave him very solid opportunities to just flat-out win the set for free, and he did the only competitive option. It's like berating M2K for punishing reads on a patterned MK noob who spams tornado, dsmash, and shuttle loop. No, he was not being cheap. His opponent practically handed him the win on a silver platter.

What is wrong with you guys? There's nothing cheap about choosing your character wisely. In fact, in an ideal world, everyone would have a pocket DDD to deal with DKs, everyone would have a pocket Pikachu to deal with foxes, et cetera. Your opponent chose a character who is not viable, or rather has a single matchup so bad that it invalidates them, and you're NOT willing to punish them with that?

****ing brawl community man. God dammit. Every ****ing one of you pathetic scrubs. I don't feel sorry for Will at all. He chose DK, knowing full well that if his opponent chose DDD, it would be a ridiculously easy win. I don't feel remotely sorry for Chuee. He knew both the risks involved with playing Lucas (similar to DK) and that Lucas is a bad limited character. I don't feel sorry for random ganon main X, who may be the most skilled brawler in the world but limits his ability to actually play the game by choosing a character who is absolutely terrible. I have no sympathy for those who choose BAD characters for whatever reason; it's their own fault when they run into a matchup like DDD-DK, DK-Lucas, Sheik/ICs/Oli/DDD-Ganon.
You mad bro?
But guys he is right.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I think people are more upset at Cheese for using a questionable tactic that was banned and while Will called for a ref got frustrated and paused.

I don't fault either player I just don't think people are really complaining about his character choices.

Hell I go sheik against every low tier main in Melee.

Master Raven

Smash Master
rofl who cares about what ***gy methods you use to win as long as they're within the boundaries of the rules. If you're judging people by the way they're playing then that's just really sad.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
People should just disable pause, most of these problems would stop. :/

I don't get why people enabled pause during friendlies, it can't be that important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom