• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Throwback events

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
chance of other chances. If it got on the MLG i'd come back again if it did well. But they'd have to many equipment problems or other johns melee has no chnace of returning.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Wait, wasn't brawl on the 2010 circuit, how can it be on a "throwback event" poll :s

and how ISN'T melee on said poll?

wutwutuwut
Even though Brawl was on the MLG 2010 circuit in 2010, it will not be on the circuit for MLG 2011. If you want to vote for Melee, you have to vote other. Also is
Insane Carzy Guy actually super banned or is he just trolling us by getting a premium account and modifying his username title, removing his avatar, changing his color name back to yellow, going to user CP and hiding the fact that he has a premium account?

EDIT: Nevermind, he is actually super banned because I cannot send him a PM.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
although i think it be great, the issue with melee is its age, unless they somehow re-release it, and nintendo somehows brings the gc controller back to the US, there is no chance this will happen, its my opinion though... melee will always live though, keep your local community strong!

azianraven

Smash Journeyman
I can't see melee coming back to MLG as much as anyone would want it. Nintendo just doesn't give a crap about its competitive community.

But I'm all for MLG melee again.

The Tycon

Smash Apprentice
Ken will come back before mlg does this.
And also, mlg is too stupid to see that there is more than just shooting games.
I F***ing hate major league gaming major league shooting.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
although i think it be great, the issue with melee is its age, unless they somehow re-release it, and nintendo somehows brings the gc controller back to the US, there is no chance this will happen, its my opinion though... melee will always live though, keep your local community strong!
During Brawl you were required to use a GC controller, you couldn't use anything else. I don't see the gc controllering being an issue.

I don't think there's any harm in voting for it. So we shoudl totally go for it

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Wait, wasn't brawl on the 2010 circuit, how can it be on a "throwback event" poll :s

and how ISN'T melee on said poll?

wutwutuwut
from the op i think a few pages on

"After I made the poll I realized I should have put melee, but by that point people already voted for it so I didn't want to mess with it. Considering it was released after Halo 3 I still feel like it's a legitimate title to be on there, anyway."

Pi

Smash Hero
I don't think that's an official poll?

either way I sent a message to MLG regarding melee
I spose I could vote as well

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
NEVER GIVE UP. TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS.

seriously tho. don't give up until it's done.

if anything, get the melee peeps like HMW to post a link on a video. That will garner lots of attention.

If you guys LOVE melee, you'll honestly try your best to get it back up there and dont give half hearted attempts to be like "oh man i would love melee back up there but *bull**** reason*"

Seriously. You want to convince people Melee isn't dead or w/e. this is your golden ****ing opportunity.

anyone who is letting poll numbers discourage them should give up melee now. actually, just give up smash. Because we don't need half hearted smashers in this community at all.

true facts.

esp when you got a bunch of ****ing videos of melee on youtube of pros being 3 stocks down and ****, and making a 4 stock comeback because they dont give a **** what the percents and stocks are. they wanted that damn win.

Show some ****ing Resolve. make sigs. avatars. user titles. blogs. man up melee community. your time is now.

It's never GGs until the screen says GAME.

Man up. Stack it up. SHOW SOME RESOLVE.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
NEVER GIVE UP. TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS.

seriously tho. don't give up until it's done.

if anything, get the melee peeps like HMW to post a link on a video. That will garner lots of attention.

If you guys LOVE melee, you'll honestly try your best to get it back up there and dont give half hearted attempts to be like "oh man i would love melee back up there but *bull**** reason*"

Seriously. You want to convince people Melee isn't dead or w/e. this is your golden ****ing opportunity.

anyone who is letting poll numbers discourage them should give up melee now. actually, just give up smash. Because we don't need half hearted smashers in this community at all.

true facts.

esp when you got a bunch of ****ing videos of melee on youtube of pros being 3 stocks down and ****, and making a 4 stock comeback because they dont give a **** what the percents and stocks are. they wanted that damn win.

Show some ****ing Resolve. make sigs. avatars. user titles. blogs. man up melee community. your time is now.

It's never GGs until the screen says GAME.

Man up. Stack it up. SHOW SOME RESOLVE.
This. ^^^^^^^^^^^ :colorful:

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Glad this thread was made. I've been bombarded by Brawl peeps everywhere to "vote for Brawl", emails, FB posts, tweets even though I don't consider it to be a "throwback" game at all... and was JUST taken off the circuit -_- The whole thing was pretty annoying though.

Anyway I had voted "other" for Melee before and said my pennies worth on the forums, hah before I realized it was a user poll.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
All I know is that MLG treated Melee better than Brawl.
All I know that one of Melee's greatest times when being the only game, was during MLG.
All I know is that as a Throwback event, Melee wont be as big as it used to be, but at least that will show everyone how amazing Melee is to make it back on MLG.
All I know is Melee deserves another shot.
ALL I KNOW IS THAT MELEE DOESNT NEED MLG. BUT GOD DAMN IT WHY THE HELL SHOULDN'T WANT MELEE BACK ON MLG OVER EVERYTHING ELSE.

Dart!

Smash Master
We don't need MLG, honestly we're fine how we are.

I see no reason we should "OMGRALLEYZFOAREMELLGEEZE" when they only care about the next big thing.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
We shouldn't ever depend on MLG, but it would be cool if it were on their circuit one more time. If melee is on the circuit and brawl isn't that'd turn some heads. It'd be nice to have some more interest in the game and it might help grow the community a bit more. Can't hurt.

Made an account just to vote other and make a post for melee. Those forums have people asking for melee all over them.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Everyone just vote, it would be awesome if Melee made it back for a season.

Yes, a season. there's a secondary vote that says the game with the highest votes should last for an entire season, not just an event.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
obviously melee would be better for MLG than brawl. MLG has enough slow boring games like Halo, they need more fast paced ENTERTAINING games

azianraven

Smash Journeyman
I doubt melee smashers would vote for GoW instead of "other" in hopes to bring melee back.

Then again, I try to think that the melee community is above trolling, in general.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
So what would happen if there was just 1 MLG melee event, and we treated it as a major tournament like Apex, Pound, Genesis, or ROM, and hundreds of people showed up? What if more people showed up for melee as a "side event" than the main one? I now want this to happen really bad XD.

Top Bottom