• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLP: Friendship is Mafia: Background Ponies Unite - Ovah!

BSP

Smash Legend
ok since the voting deadline is a little bit off, i guess i can see the point of these votes

Though I can't say I see where people are trying to go with them....

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
ok since the voting deadline is a little bit off, i guess i can see the point of these votes

Though I can't say I see where people are trying to go with them....
Hey.

Nothing else matters besides the wagon that is being formed on you? Any scum on there? Possibly? Do you have any reads or the alike?
Answer these.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
NOW ABOUT MR. RAGNAROK.

I don't think it felt right.
Why exactly are you guys voting to lynch without knowing anything?

._.
:phone:
BSP is a new mafia player, inexperienced, and willing to try a game out. I think he doesn't have a clue. Soup is an IC, meaning that his job is not only to play the game alongside other newbies, but to help them as well. He would've pointed out or give him a reason why.

And yet....He cught onto this.
Guys who should I vote for?

:phone:
And voted him. Assumingly, I would've expected him to answer that he should vote one of the people who he thinks is scum but he has to be wise about it, and yet, he simply voted for him and in order to strongly convince others, he even said this.

Pop quiz. Someone tell me why I'm voting BSP.
Personally, I think he's baiting you into voting him.

Unvote
FoS: Ragnarock

Vinyl- You've already had two votes on you. What do you think this means?
That it was just an RVS, as I recall reading from the past pages.

#HBC | ѕoup

It's good that you're town this game Vinyl., but you couldn't be any more wrong about my intentions. Going to let Joker respond.

@Tyranitar Edit By Way Of Post.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Well it's quite simple, I wasn't pushing BSP. I was trying to get him to talk. If you were paying attention to the game, you'd see that I'm not on the wagon anymore.

I didn't want to reveal what soup was doing, because what he was doing was really smart, and outing his plan would ruin it, but if you insist. Soup started a wagon on a really easy target, so he could watch as Scum players jumped on the easy lynch. Since that wagon is over, I guess it's not a big deal to talk about it, because he's learned all that he can.

It is, in fact, a coincidence that I went for BSP at the same time soup did. I didn't jump on BSP, I answered his question. I told him I was trying to pressure him, and he asked why. So I told him. I never said that made him scum. I actually explicitly acknowledged that one partially scummy post does not make a person scum in my #113

BSP

Smash Legend
Yo, I just don't see the point of "pressuring" anyone.

Even if a person is or isnt' mafia, I don't see how you're going to make any progress by pressuring anyone without knowing anything

And anything they tell you could be a lie...

So I'm just trying to figure out where people are trying to go

#HBC | ѕoup

Unvote

BSP is town.
Vinyl. is town
Tyranitar leans town
Ton is scummy
Toaster is weird/scummy
Sold2 is going to stay null.
Badwolf leans town
Joker is a curious case for me.

#HBC | ѕoup

How so, soup?
While Joker might have thought I was selectively choosing a wagon, that wasn't even my intention, I just voted someone I sincerely thought was scummy for the time being, BSP sitting around asking people who we should lynch is awful, but considering his attitude and response to me, it's blatant noobtown. Joker was right in one way, and that I was testing to see who would all jump on it, I did not have a master plan to catch scum in one fell swoop, I was just looking for reactions and getting people to interact with each-other.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Yo, I just don't see the point of "pressuring" anyone.

Even if a person is or isnt' mafia, I don't see how you're going to make any progress by pressuring anyone without knowing anything

And anything they tell you could be a lie...

So I'm just trying to figure out where people are trying to go
People can't accidently tell you that they are scum if you don't put some pressure on them every once in awhile. Sometimes this means pressuring people who only might be scum, or are not scum at all. We can play the game without knowing anything, we just can't win. But if we want to know anything, we just have to keep playing the game. That means pressuring players. For awhile it was you.

Now it appears to be me in the hot seat, though there doesn't seem to be any votes on me.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Well it's quite simple, I wasn't pushing BSP. I was trying to get him to talk. If you were paying attention to the game, you'd see that I'm not on the wagon anymore.
Ok I'm not asking you to get off the wagon. I realize that you got off the wagon as soon as Soup and I started getting on you guys about how close the lynch was. I was asking about the fact that you sheeped Soup. Why did you sheep him and then deny it?

I didn't want to reveal what soup was doing, because what he was doing was really smart, and outing his plan would ruin it, but if you insist. Soup started a wagon on a really easy target, so he could watch as Scum players jumped on the easy lynch. Since that wagon is over, I guess it's not a big deal to talk about it, because he's learned all that he can.
You jumped on the wagon as the second person to do so. What does that say about your alignment?

It is, in fact, a coincidence that I went for BSP at the same time soup did. I didn't jump on BSP, I answered his question. I told him I was trying to pressure him, and he asked why. So I told him. I never said that made him scum. I actually explicitly acknowledged that one partially scummy post does not make a person scum in my #113
You're trying to get his head in the game, cuz based on his post asking other people to make his decisions for him, it clearly is not. Hopefully having to defend himself will get him thinking.

I have to say I agree with that sentiment, and since I legitimately think Toaster was just RVSing and pressuring him isn't going anywhere, I'll join you on that.

Unvote

Vote BSP
Your post says otherwise. You sheeped Soup. What were you doing and why?

#HBC | ѕoup

Badwolf is on the same track as me wrt Joker at this point, was going to make a huge post but Badwolf keeps impressing me somehow.

#HBC | ѕoup

There is one thing that I have in my back-pocket however, and I'm going against my rule of not feeding the newbies all the answers.

Vote: Tonberry

Pre-emptive vote. Going to catch a nap and hopefully he isn't hammered by morning.

BSP

Smash Legend
my question is how do all of you know my actions are noobtown.

I know it seems like it, but what if I'm just trying to lower my own suspicion level?

#HBC | ѕoup

The fact you just asked for reasoning on why i'm town-reading you and giving me a hypothetical statement about what you could be doing as scum just solidfies my town-read more.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I don't know what to tell you. I was just going to talk to BSP, but I didn't refresh before hitting "Post reply". I was about to type up my first post directed at BSP (my #75) but looked down below and saw that soup had already jumped on him. It wasn't until after soup had asked "Why did I vote for him, guys?" that I realized that I should have voted for him, so I did. Maybe that's sheeping, but whatever. Like I said, I dunno what else to tell ya. That was my thought process.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Let me reprase that, bsp. My reason wasn't really explainable enough, lol.

We don't know that you're noob, we just think and believe so due to your acts.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Facts come later, this is day1. The only facts you have to act on in mafia are lynching and nightkill patterns. That stuff obviously can't be analyzed until at least day2

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
because not everyone needs hard facts. Like, Soup claims to have a relatively solid mafia read. He could be wrong, but if he's right (and it happens all the time in mafia games), it puts the town at a serious advantage going into day2. If he's wrong, it's a loss for the town, but hardly a gamebreaking one.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
I don't know what to tell you. I was just going to talk to BSP, but I didn't refresh before hitting "Post reply". I was about to type up my first post directed at BSP (my #75) but looked down below and saw that soup had already jumped on him. It wasn't until after soup had asked "Why did I vote for him, guys?" that I realized that I should have voted for him, so I did. Maybe that's sheeping, but whatever. Like I said, I dunno what else to tell ya. That was my thought process.
1. Yes it's sheeping especially since you lacked any reason other than pressure.

2. You say that you realized that you should have voted for him. What does that mean?

3. You never said anything about you jumping on the wagon and the relevance to your understanding of his plan. If you knew that he was waiting for people to jump on the wagon why did you?

because not everyone needs hard facts. Like, Soup claims to have a relatively solid mafia read. He could be wrong, but if he's right (and it happens all the time in mafia games), it puts the town at a serious advantage going into day2. If he's wrong, it's a loss for the town, but hardly a gamebreaking one.
So you're ok with lynching a town if it gives you some type of info?

BSP

Smash Legend
what info does it give you? lynching the town person. It's not like their side gets revealed or anything.

What do you all mean by "sheeping"?

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
Which is what was happening to you earlier, BSP, as soon as Soup voted for you.

Also, I still want to see what tonberry has to say, since he's done nothing but

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Oh, and for the people who have been asking me to share more of my reads. I think Toaster is my strongest scum read at this point.

He immediately jumped on the BSP wagon when it became clear that it was an actual wagon as opposed to just a random day1 vote. His excuse for why he did it in his #79 post was really flimsy. BSP was being fishy and trying to draw negative attention to himself to bait people into voting for him, but I'm gonna vote for him anyway? I felt like it was blatant sheeping. This was further solidified for me when I took my vote off of BSP, and he immediately did the same.

I also agreed with Tonberry's assessment that his nonchalant response to me putting the 2nd vote on him was really fake.

Also, his #90 post, where he thought soup might have been talking about him as one of the people who voted BSP that everyone needed to keep an eye on. I felt like it was a really knee jerk attempt at defending himself, but not having a leg to stand on. When soup questioned him about it, he just shrugged it off because soup's #101 hinted that I was the one who needed a closer look, and made no mention of toaster.

He's been lurking almost the entire game, made enough posts to keep himself on the radar without drawing too much attention to himself, and has posted no real content.

BSP

Smash Legend
scum being mafia right?

Also, reading fail on my part. you do find out roles if someone dies.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
what info does it give you? lynching the town person. It's not like their side gets revealed or anything.

What do you all mean by "sheeping"?
Usually their side DOES get revealed, at least in the case of a lynch. Sometimes Night Kill alignments aren't revealed, but they are in a lot of games. If you lynch a townie, you learn that maybe you should go back and double check that person's reads since you know they were playing to help town, not mafia. You can also look at who voted to lynch the townie, and analyze when they jumped on the wagon or whether or not they even had a real reason to vote for them.

That actually brings up something I hadn't considered yet though. Are alignments revealed in this game, and to what extent? Since it's a noobie game I would assume they are, but since this is also a closed setup, I honestly don't know.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
He immediately jumped on the BSP wagon when it became clear that it was an actual wagon as opposed to just a random day1 vote. His excuse for why he did it in his #79 post was really flimsy. BSP was being fishy and trying to draw negative attention to himself to bait people into voting for him, but I'm gonna vote for him anyway? I felt like it was blatant sheeping. This was further solidified for me when I took my vote off of BSP, and he immediately did the same.
How do you know BSP was doing that? BSP, is what you did true?
Also, now I'm thinking you're putting the sheep on someone else.

Yet still, I can agree with you that he has been lurking, which is scummy.

My vote is yet to be decided.

BSP

Smash Legend
Does my word even matter? I still don't think you can discern anything from what I've said.

Joker, I messed up with reading. We are informed of alignment upon lynching.

Also you lurkers, consider invisible mode. Unless this room disables it or something.

Top Bottom