• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MN Smash Presents: MIME (POSTPONED FOR NOW)

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Tempest, I'd be irresistible if I wore a Mr. Mime outfit the whole day.

We need to make someone else wear it. BAMM maybe?

EDIT: Added more people to attendee list from AiB attendee list

ANOTHER EDIT: Made the OP pretty :)

Lokeloki

Smash Apprentice
Ill most likely be there with several eau claire payers and a set-up

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
ah sweet dude.

Hey speaking of Eau Claire, I'm going to be there Oct. 10th weekend for a choral festival. Any chance you dudes want to get together with an MN Smasher?

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm basically open for laterish Saturday and maybe earlier Sunday?

I'm not sure of the exact timing of the festival, but I do know that I'll be around :)

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Hunger, the 30 people are primarily OoS and regs from MN. We could step our **** up on hyping it up in state if you want? I think I could get something up at my school, and I'm sure there are other MN Smashers that aren't afraid to get the hype train a rollin.

Lokeloki

Smash Apprentice
kennispam just scheduled a tourney on the same day. Hes got some tact:urg:, but ill be going to this one anyway!

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Nice to hear that at least some of WI is coming :/

We're hyping as much as we can here, I'm going to try and get a headcount of people from my area willing to go to this.

I'm sure other MN Smashers are doing the same.

Lokeloki

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm basically open for laterish Saturday and maybe earlier Sunday?

I'm not sure of the exact timing of the festival, but I do know that I'll be around :)
well I'm totally open sun morning lets play

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Sorry dude the person I went to EC with decided to just go for the day. I'm back at home now. Sorry dude :/

Mac Royale

Smash Cadet
Ogbot, MM. First, last, and only MM call-out from me ever. My Lucas vs Your Dedede, best of 3 neutral stages only (FD, BF, SV, YI). All other normal rules apply. $5. Agree?

I'd totally hype it up here in OH, but I'm assuming no one is going to go to MN for Thanksgiving from OH unless they live their like me.

And if I'm there early in the morning with you setting everything up, do I get an entry discount? What if I massage your back, and tell you a bedtime story before I tuck you in at night?

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
lol as great as that would be D, I'd much rather him pay full price XD

Updating attendees as well :)

UltimatElites

Smash Rookie
UltimatElites is hosting a tournament series in December.

When:
12/12/2009 at 02:00 pm
Where:
Holiday Inn Select
3 appletree square
Bloomington Minnesota, 55425
United States

UltimatElites presents Super Smash Bros Ballroom Brawling: Winter Edition. Prizes, including wii games and accessories, given every night. Tournament to be held at the Holiday Inn Select ballroom in Bloomington, Minnesota. OPENING DATE SATURDAY, DECEMBER 12TH, 2009. Doors open at 1:00 p.m. and tournament STARTS AT 2:00. Rules are as follows:

no items
random levels unless agreed on by players; some stages banned.
no time limit
stock (based on round) 2-4
4 player single elimination for round 1, 2 player single elimination for round 2, semi-finals, finals and championship.
there is no character limit, BUT if anybody negligently uses any character (i.e. Metaknight's infinite invisibility trick) player will be disqualified from current tournament. Chain grabbing will also result in disqualification. National ruleset does not apply here as we don't believe in time limits and a few of their other rules.

Tickets are $7.00

To stay updated, contact UltimatElites at:

UltimatElites@hotmail.com
Find us on Facebook, Username: Smash BrosMN OR
message us on smash boards.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
lol at crappy rules.

If that's how it's going down I doubt most of MN's smashers would even consider going.

Anyways, hi there everyone :) Don't be afrraid to post if you're interested in coming :D

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
When:
12/12/2009 at 02:00 pm
Where:
Holiday Inn Select
3 appletree square
Bloomington Minnesota, 55425
United States

UltimatElites presents Super Smash Bros Ballroom Brawling: Winter Edition. Prizes, including wii games and accessories, given every night. Tournament to be held at the Holiday Inn Select ballroom in Bloomington, Minnesota. OPENING DATE SATURDAY, DECEMBER 12TH, 2009. Doors open at 1:00 p.m. and tournament STARTS AT 2:00. Rules are as follows:

no items
random levels unless agreed on by players; some stages banned.
no time limit
stock (based on round) 2-4
4 player single elimination for round 1, 2 player single elimination for round 2, semi-finals, finals and championship.
there is no character limit, BUT if anybody negligently uses any character (i.e. Metaknight's infinite invisibility trick) player will be disqualified from current tournament. Chain grabbing will also result in disqualification. National ruleset does not apply here as we don't believe in time limits and a few of their other rules.

Tickets are $7.00

To stay updated, contact UltimatElites at:

UltimatElites@hotmail.com
Find us on Facebook, Username: Smash BrosMN OR
message us on smash boards.
llol i was wondering why this dude added me to aib

I GET TO MEET SPIKES!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOT!!!

edit: fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff, this is thanksgiving weekend isn't it.....well...we'll see
omg :love: well..... it all depends on if hunger goes :( cuz hes my ride :( but i hope i can go :)

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Pfft janky rules are janky. I didn't notice half of these until Funen and Deepak told me about them last night XD

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
not at all.

Hey you know what I just realized? You're going to school in Ohio.

There's people like M2K and Overswarm in Ohio, go network yourself :p

Mac Royale

Smash Cadet
not at all.

Hey you know what I just realized? You're going to school in Ohio.

There's people like M2K and Overswarm in Ohio, go network yourself :p
I know that. I don't have a car though, and I'm an hour out of the way from anywhere else. Next year though... I got an apartment and car.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Oh yes definitely.

WE ARE CHANGING VENUES. HOLD TIGHT WHILE WE SORT THIS OUT.

EDIT: I also need someone to help me run Melee. I don't play it as much as I do Brawl, so I'm not too knowledgeable on the rules and such. I'll update with who's helping me run it when I find out.

ChopTheRed

Smash Apprentice
Glad to see the MN smashing community isn't dead. I only really recognize D. Disciple though, eighteenspikes seems like a familiar name too.

Anyways, I assume this would be held in the Cities somewhere. There is a high chance that I would attend, and I will try to get Fridjof to attend also, if he's up to it. We would bring the pain Melee-style.

Top Bottom