• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Model replacing the stage editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
If this is impossible or doesn't belong here, feel free to delete or merge this post.

Ever since BrawlBox, everyone has been messing with models.
I looked through the stage editor and it turns out tons of the models are swappable there too.

So I was thinking, couldn't we take the platforms from other stages and swap them with blocks and stuff to make better stages?

Anyone wanna try this?

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Where is the stage builder .pac on the Brawl data partition?

mofo_

Smash Ace
uhhh not sure what the data partition is but in sd card it would be stage>melee>stgedit_0/1/2

maybe its the same in data partition

edit: ninja'd...and whats this teleporter things?

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Wow Untouch wtf did you do?! That's sweet! XD
Actually, I think that's the thing that transports you back to somewhere after you die in either the SSE or if you fall off the stage while testing your custom stage...

Untouch

Smash Master
WTF?! What's that thing even supposed to be? Is that a model from SSE or something? I talking about the transparent block, not the stage in general.
It was originally pikachus thunder, I removed the animation and make it transparent, and it glitched up.

Untouch

Smash Master
... I don't even wanna know how that works.
... okay, yeah I do.

It's exactly what it sounds like, replacing the model made it that size, I just made the texture and it glitched up for some reason.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Well, ontopic with the thread title, I think that it should be possible. In fact, I think Dantarion had even said it was. I THINK he said that, or something about custom stages anyway.

mofo_

Smash Ace
This would totally mean something if Brawl+ without hacks didn't need to use Cusotm Stages to boot.

But still, you're going to be the Phantom Wings of Custom Custom Stages, aren't you?
:p lol PizzaBoy was the original king of custom stages :D
his made awesome stages ex: super stretched columns but it was before brawlbox and stuff

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I worked at it for over an hour, byt my attempt at making a certain new hacked stage involving stage builder was thwarted by the fact that if you place a punch of those small platforms side by side in Stage Studio, you can't run straight across them. You always stop to take a step and go to your walking animation. I have an almost perfect cool stage I made, but it has no workable floor at the correct height.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
i tried for a very long time to put the smashville platform as the large stage builder block. no sucess (but for a variety of stupid reasons). i would put money on the fact that if I had the patience to keep going with it, then it would end up working. it was just wayyy too frustrating becasue smashville's central platform also spawns all those cute cuddily animal crossing creatures.

anyway, very possible and its only a matter of time. while this was a compleate accident, you were able to change the model of a stagebuilderpart so we are making progress.

Untouch

Smash Master

Here's the stuff for the platform (where you can stand)

we can't change it which sucks 2092092 times.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Let me just post about what I did last night so maybe someone can make better use of it.

The first thing I did was replace the basic right-facing platform with Battlefield's top platform. That way I could still use the left-facing platforms since they're the same. I imported all the textures so it wouldn't crash. They showed up but you couldn't stand on them or anything. The next thing I tried was replacing that piece's Type1 data with BF's Type1[2] (collosion data). I didn't think it would work, but I was sort of hoping that it would make the platform work... What it actually did was create an invisible Battlefield in the center of the custom stage. All I had to do was put one of the replaced platforms anywhere on the map and the BF would be there, including the main stage and the 3 platforms. I tried playing around with that but couldn't think of anything good.

Then I got an idea and replaced the BF data with Smashville's. By placing the square blocks under the stage at the part where the edges slant like \_____/ I was able to make a wall that you could ride up with your recovery. I was planning on creating Fountain of Dreams from Melee by putting rising platforms going through the floor, because since the SV model didn't take up any space on the stage editor, I could place pieces over its location and they would overlap in the game. Anyway, it almost worked, except that when you ran stright across it you would occasionally stop running and go to your walking animation, like when you were walking between 2 platforms. I tried adding a floor to it using other stage builder pieces, but due to the odd location of the invisible Smashville model, it was in between the grid blocks and the only piece that was at floor level was that half-platform thing. Trying to put multiple ones of those next to each other had the same problem where you couldn't run. So basically I had an almost-working FoD replica custom stage, except the floor sucked.

Now, the main point of this is that you CAN import models onto other pieces, but they will be extremely hard, if not impossible, to work with. However, I'm sure that at the rate we're going, some people will manage to create working ideas that implement creative uses of these model swaps.

camelot

Smash Ace
Think you could replace the backgrounds in custom stages? That would be awesome, the backgrounds are so boring.

camelot

Smash Ace
No, I meant, taking backgrounds like Tabuu's stage and putting it in a custom stage.

Not just a custom texture.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
Then I got an idea and replaced the BF data with Smashville's. By placing the square blocks under the stage at the part where the edges slant like \_____/ I was able to make a wall that you could ride up with your recovery. I was planning on creating Fountain of Dreams from Melee by putting rising platforms going through the floor, because since the SV model didn't take up any space on the stage editor, I could place pieces over its location and they would overlap in the game. Anyway, it almost worked, except that when you ran stright across it you would occasionally stop running and go to your walking animation, like when you were walking between 2 platforms. I tried adding a floor to it using other stage builder pieces, but due to the odd location of the invisible Smashville model, it was in between the grid blocks and the only piece that was at floor level was that half-platform thing. Trying to put multiple ones of those next to each other had the same problem where you couldn't run. So basically I had an almost-working FoD replica custom stage, except the floor sucked.

Now, the main point of this is that you CAN import models onto other pieces, but they will be extremely hard, if not impossible, to work with. However, I'm sure that at the rate we're going, some people will manage to create working ideas that implement creative uses of these model swaps.
omg if thats the only problem then this is awesome! i have a fix for that. what you need to do is activate the overlap builder blocks code and use the vBrawl stage editor (take out ur SD if you use a stage loader 2 get 2 gecko), make a stage and use the platofrms you can fallthrough that are short (look like a " - ". i think thats what you were trying to describe). use a medium one, then use a large one and repeat. using the code, itll make them perfectly side by side and you shouldn't break your momentum. also, sense itll be platform-height, you dont have to worry about the fact that they are fall through platforms.

worst comes to worst, if you ABSOULTLY need it, i can make a custom stage builder block for you. itll be the normal stage builder block, but itll be centered halfway through the square where its supposed to fit (thus being stage height)

i hope im making sense. i tend to ramble

Untouch

Smash Master
A lot of the stuff we can't change because the stuff actually isn't in the files, litterally.

For example you'd think the hitbox for the spikes would be in the spike parameters, but alas, they aren't.

The platform data is though.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I opened the bin file and found nothing, then I looked in the STGEDIT_0 pac and found nothing

JamesRaynor

Smash Apprentice
It's probably hidden, could it possibly be stuck in one of the SSE files? (After all the SSE is built with parts from the stage builder, and probably was made before the editor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom