• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

MacD

Banned via Administration
hmmmm, well now my sunday is booked, but maybe sat, i have work at 6pm so i could go for an afternoon of smash, but knowing you guys i'd want to get there before anyone wakes up

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
i have a crazy idea

let's get together and play 'not melee' for a bit

and then smash afterwards when we realize that sucks

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
well itd be cool if we could go to modesto, cus there'll be more people to smash with
Modesto... as in Kenny's house? He was thinking of having ppl over tmw so that could work out.

i have a crazy idea

let's get together and play 'not melee' for a bit

and then smash afterwards when we realize that sucks
You mean like Brawl? Ewwwwwwww

Out of curiosity tho, how much would you guys be willing to pay for a venue fee (for a local tournament)? I may have found a place to have one... it's not too expensive but the venue fee would obviously be based on turnout and I have no idea how many people would come. There's also the whole 'Summers basically over for everyone' thing that might make a tournament impossible at this point. What do you guys think? (Could even make it brawl and melee to get a larger turnout. Andre probably wouldn't mind making some money, lol)

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
lol get rapiered

tournament just sounds like an excuse for mccain or andre to make money

people won't be enticed to ripon of all places by what would probably be a 16-man tournament (most likely the highest number we could get to come)

MacD

just go to merced in 2 weeks

and if JR went it might be more for him them me

though we should try and hold a legit modesto area smashfest before summer ends, everyone should go, do a mini singles and doubles tourny like $1 entry fee so at least something is on the line, then do draft crews or something, those are fun

and what time do you think you'll show up to the CGC JR? in time for singles at least?

oh anthony, did you find out if you had work on sat/if you can go next week?

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
Im down for a modesto/stockton smashfest. When does everyone start school?

And also, I might be down for coming down to Modesto to play later today or tomorrow if anyone is interested and would be willing to have me over. <_<. . .>_>

Maaaaayybe? I'd give you practice with any char you want. Not good with most of them but I'd like to think Im at least competent with the ones I dont play (save ness n peach)

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
lol hey guys

i calld jpeg at night nd we;re going to modesto tmw

so yeh

we'll be at kennys house for whoever is interested

also macd

lets team at merced yah? :D

MacD

cool about tomorrow, how late you guys gonna be at kenny's, i'm going out shopping with a friend at 2 but i'm sure that'll only take a couple hours

and i wish i knew you were going to merced JR, i already asked paul, sorry :(

You guys should add brawl if you pull through and make a small tournament. I'll make sure Andre doesn't take first place for brawl ;).

I might be able to make it to Kenny's house tomorrow (still in utah atm). Hope I get there soon enough.

adhdfoy

Smash Journeyman
Got 2 questions. Hopefully ill be leaving NY next week for Cali.
The first: Who can get at me and play smash within the first week im in cali. Cause i need people to play.
Second: how many cali players smoke cannabis? Cause this is important for my dietary system. :D

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
modesto's too poor for even cannabis (at least, i am)

but you'd probably find tons of people down for it elsewhere

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
just go to merced in 2 weeks

and if JR went it might be more for him them me

though we should try and hold a legit modesto area smashfest before summer ends, everyone should go, do a mini singles and doubles tourny like $1 entry fee so at least something is on the line, then do draft crews or something, those are fun
A smashfest would work fine... who here's willing to host it?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
my drive to play melee is severely dulled. I think I'm gonna take a break from going places to smash for a while xD

I want to get better at starcraft.
I want to try a bunch of other games like sfiv and blazblue.
I don't have a melee disc at home.
It's not really fun for me to play melee that much anymore.
I'm too lazy to get technical.

tl;dr I suck, I give up because I'm not motivated.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
hey guys, long time . . .
Were any of you guys planning on going to pat's and taking a carpool/creating one of your own? Im still like 25-75 on going, so id figure id ask a long time in advance before making my decision. Also, would have to find room a month or so before that event if so. (maybe ima bit overestimating the gap)

adhdfoy, Im down for getting at you later this week, If youre close enough, that is. Where are you located?
EDIT: and no, I'm not a cannabis person, sry

Hey CPU, Stop all the Downloading!!!!! (<-----obscure reference). . . . And thanks for chillin with me after my "folly" the other day. (hell it's been so long, I kinda even forgot what had happened). Random dudes on electric scooters sporting the american flag at 4am FTW!

Miztik

Smash Master
hey guys, long time . . .
Were any of you guys planning on going to pat's and taking a carpool/creating one of your own? Im still like 25-75 on going, so id figure id ask a long time in advance before making my decision. Also, would have to find room a month or so before that event if so. (maybe ima bit overestimating the gap)

adhdfoy, Im down for getting at you later this week, If youre close enough, that is. Where are you located?
EDIT: and no, I'm not a cannabis person, sry

Hey CPU, Stop all the Downloading!!!!! (<-----obscure reference). . . . And thanks for chillin with me after my "folly" the other day. (hell it's been so long, I kinda even forgot what had happened). Random dudes on electric scooters sporting the american flag at 4am FTW!
Dude John if you plan on carpooling down to Pats house i'd love to go man. ill pay gas moneys forsure i know jr wants to go as well!!!!

LETS DO THIS!!!!

also

macdizzle no cgc for me this weekend

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow

dotey and i have gotten SOOOO good at sfiv

i wanna connect double fierce to ultra :C sigh thats what happens when i DONT HAVE THE GAME

well... at least in the chun vs sagat matchup LOL

i wonder if i can beat stefan now

kim has been getting better slowly, little by little (which is how he improves at every game lol. slow learner!)

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
oh hell yeah

2 years

that's all it'll take!

WITH MY DRAMATIC ENTRANCE FROM THE CSL I'LL MOVE INTO KOREAN MINORLEAGUES AND BEAT FLASH- owait

i actually dreamed something a bit like that last night, except I was playing nal_ra for some reason...and I lost...to sair/reaver...as protoss... >_>

Top Bottom