• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mods Close This Thread Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

DARKHOKAGE

Smash Rookie
good **** to everyone there.gotta step the lucas game up BIG TIME... who ever that asian dude was with the anger problems needs to seriously calm his ****ing nerves.... its coo to be upset but when u start throwing **** and kicking chairs (which one of them hit my elbow while i was playing) thats when u cross the line.. out of the respect of mark and mike at zp, u lucky i aint get up and smack the **** of you...i didnt wanna bring drama in their center... take your loss like a man and move on.

anyway seibrik where do u usually play so i can join up with ya? and galeon i wanna mirror match you.

AfroQT

Smash Master
why are you all talking about anyone other than snake.

clearly snake is the issue. lol

when snake has a bad matchup, let me know.

Gingerr > anyone arguing with her. hunter > tommy G (yeah, I said it). south Fl > north FL. and this game is poop.
Snakes not a issue snake can be beaten. I've proved it before.

AfroQT

Smash Master
haha i know i john'd about MK and i wont deny that. And if anyone wanted to use it against me i'd accept it like a man.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good **** Afro, nice to see consistency in the top placings finally!!!

I probably won't be able to attend any tourneys till fall semester (working all summer), so I'll see you guys then!!!

Hope I don't get too behind the brawl metagame...

:(

:colorful:

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
dont worry, its brawl, im sure if u do fall back, one day will be enough to bring u up to date

Oh, and DarkHakoge, i usually play wherever, i have no set place, i have a car and travel from place to place to play.

just IM me sometime, my s/n is Seibrik

Ruuku

Smash Lord
why are you all talking about anyone other than snake.

clearly snake is the issue. lol

when snake has a bad matchup, let me know.

Gingerr > anyone arguing with her. hunter > tommy G (yeah, I said it). south Fl > north FL. and this game is poop.
Go back to California! j/k <3

DARKHOKAGE

Smash Rookie
Lucas ditto?

I... think I could handle that. :laugh:
bring it on then ni99a!!! come to zp. im always out there

dont worry, its brawl, im sure if u do fall back, one day will be enough to bring u up to date

Oh, and DarkHakoge, i usually play wherever, i have no set place, i have a car and travel from place to place to play.

just IM me sometime, my s/n is Seibrik
ok cool.. im pretty much ALWAYS at zero ping playing so come out if u can... ill pm you my number.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
how is this game's mindset like melee?

is snake fox? then who is marth.. tell me who counters snake or what stage counters him too while you are at it.

that statement confused me.

Equi

Smash Ace
how is this game's mindset like melee?

is snake fox? then who is marth.. tell me who counters snake or what stage counters him too while you are at it.

that statement confused me.
Wolf/Dedede match up pretty well against Snake. Snake is beatable and though I agree he is top tier, he won't be a "god", he'll still win tournaments frequently but once more and more people start gimping his recovery and get better at it, he'll still be the best in the game, but more beatable and not as feared.

What they're saying now after two months of Brawl metagame is that Brawl is essentially the same as Melee minus all of the technical abilities required in Melee. You take out all of the technical stuff in Melee, slow it down a bit/lower hitstun and bam you have Brawl.

So basically, after a year of this game being out the best players will be the best consistently because they still have a comprehension of the basic smash skillz that they had in Melee (ability to read, adapt, mindgames, etc.), will shine in Brawl when it's all said and done because you don't need technical skill to excel at the game, it just makes it less exciting

Or something like that.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
so you are saying take melee, take out all the things that made it melee and slow it down...

OH I get it now.. smash 64 w/ better graphics.. yes yes.. got it. sorry.

Equi

Smash Ace
Except smash 64 had an uber high hitstun that allowed for something called "Combos!"

Equi

Smash Ace
As bad as Brawl is combo wise, it's definitely made me a smarter smasher going back to Melee. Since you basically have to mindgame someone one hit at a time in Brawl, it does make you a helluva lot smarter, maybe not for everyone but it did for me.

Equi

Smash Ace
Maybe in technical skill it's lazier. But I know I can never drift off while playing in Brawl. Like in Melee I can think really hard, get the grab, resort to x chaingrab combo and punish fast faller the same way. I can actually drift off into space while doing combos in Melee. I mean I still prefer Melee I'm just saying, I have to stay ALERT for Brawl at all times cuz you have to work for every single hit.

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
Really you would drift off in melee? lol

****...I'd be pretty focused more than I am when I play brawl now probably. Even though it's extremely true what you say about being alert trying to get every hit in that matters.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I think pikachu does well against both dedede and snake. Pikachu can ****ing **** snakes recovery, and can out-camp snake, at least i can outcamp chops's snake. Dedede is trickier cuz he has way larger range, but you just need to be patient, and you don't die till like 150% **** you jungle japes.

Dionysus

Smash Cadet
ive heard that DK counters snake and MK and linguini seems to give backing to the claim

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
What they're saying now after two months of Brawl metagame is that Brawl is essentially the same as Melee minus all of the technical abilities required in Melee. You take out all of the technical stuff in Melee, slow it down a bit/lower hitstun and bam you have Brawl.

So basically, after a year of this game being out the best players will be the best consistently because they still have a comprehension of the basic smash skillz that they had in Melee (ability to read, adapt, mindgames, etc.), will shine in Brawl when it's all said and done because you don't need technical skill to excel at the game, it just makes it less exciting
That's exactly how I feel/what I've thought concerning brawl!!!

:colorful:

Gingerr

Smash Lord
ive heard that DK counters snake and MK and linguini seems to give backing to the claim
Yeah, considering Ryan Sparks and Afro Thundah do this all day long on Wednesdays. It's not like DK counters Snake in the sense that Snake can't do anything, but DK seems to fair better than a lot of other characters do.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
player playing DK goes even. I agree with that statement 100%.

but then again only really good snakes are gonna win tournaments. random snake players dont do well and it shows.

Bums me out that all my melee mains are trash.. Puff, yoshi, (dr. mario doesnt exist :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom