• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Modset4.2] Open BrawlBox/Lib Development Thread [PW's SSS support(PAT0 editing)]

Bero

Smash Journeyman
@rPSI
I tried to understand the bug that you told, but I couldn't...
Would you tell it more to understand easily (as Japanese can understand)?

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
It would be nice to add a checkbox in the GUI that allows you to only copy/paste everything except for translations. So when people make custom animations, any character can use them without any problems. It should be simple to do i think.
Sorry for being impatient, but is this a very easy fix or is it more difficult then it looks? It'd be very useful to people making PSA's and I'd like to emphasize this request, if it doesn't bother you too much.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
What rPSI meant is that when you rotate something towards the background, it also rotates them either sideways or clockwise instead of straight back.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
OK, I understood, moderators.
This doesn't always occur,right? Umm... Hard, not impossible, but hard.
To fix that, I may have to study OpenGL...

@tehshyguy,JoeGrandma
I've done it. I will include it in next major update.

EDIT
I forgot to put latest BrawlLib into BrawlBox Modset3.2...
Fixed download. Also,request about copy/paste animation state is included.

tehshyguy

Smash Rookie
thanks,

erm...can you make another button in the GUI that removes all translation in the whole animation? So people can use already made custom animations? This is very similar to my previous request, but it is way more helpful. Thanks again... It's fine if the model translation changes to 0, it won't matter.

tehshyguy

Smash Rookie
So export the custom animation, check the box so it doesn't copy translation, and import/replace an existing animation? Doesn't work...

edit:

0.o my custom animations look waay better on other characters...thanks bero =p....

yugi1818

Smash Cadet
I would be nice if animating was easier like pivot stick animator click and drag the bone but that would be hard to code >.>

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
That bugs me exorbitantly...

However, there is a workaround: When you delete something at the bottom of the Modeldata, Texturedata, etc. (or if the file is alone in the BRRES), it will delete without a message (although, the technique is equally arbitrary). Even with the message, nothing is truly messed up; it just annoys the **** out of everyone just to close this one error message every single time.

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad that bug's been ironed out. Honestly, I'm curious of what to expect for the next modset.

Now to get back to working/lurking...

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
This needs to be fixed: The animation encoder (or whatever tells it to move bones from 1 keyframe to the next) is buggy, and causes a bone to swing way past where the actual keyframe ends before moving back and ending in the proper position. (The closer the keyframes, the more pronounced the problem is.)

And can there be a way to turn every frame into a keyframe, to force Brawl to move translations equally instead of speeding up from the beginning and slowing down at the end? I wouldn't ask if I was only talking about character animations, because you can just Copy All + Paste All for each frame, but that's not really an option with stages, which have animations up to 9600 frames long...

tehshyguy

Smash Rookie
@ leafbarrett
i like how the animation interlopes and it helps make the animation less stiff like brawlbox .62b.

" It's something called interpolation. There are 2 kinds. One is where it travels from one point to another in a straight line. This is the case in .62b. The second kind travels from one point and curves towards the second point. "- from dingo.

Bero is probably using .63d which curves. IMO curving is better, and if you know how to get around the "glitch" its easy to use and better. Ex. an easy fix would just make some key frames the same next to eachother, then the animation moves from key frame to key frame smoothly. If you'd like, ill do a simple animation in brawlbox .63d and upload it so you can see how i do animations.

Also making every frame a keyframe would just boost the size the animation quickly...If you want it to go in a straight line, just download brawlbox .63b.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
There's still kinda a problem with interpolation, though...

Sometimes interpolation causes things to go like this:

(Left-to-Right is supposed to represent time)

I'm not sure if that's a glitch or just how it works, but I've noticed it happening in 3D modeling programs and games like TrackMania too.

tehshyguy

Smash Rookie
im fine if .63d is "actual" result because its an easy fix, but if bero wants to and can it would be better for the "expected" result. But still for those who like it to go in a straight line, just dl .63b

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
There's still kinda a problem with interpolation, though...
THIS. I always get the 3rd result, and it gets SO annoying when a character slides 2 feet past where they were supposed to stop before sliding backwards again.
im fine if .63d is "actual" result because its an easy fix, but if bero wants to and can it would be better for the "expected" result. But still for those who like it to go in a straight line, just dl .63b
I tried your fix and got the exact same thing :\ And 0.63B can't export specific bone animations, vertexes, and a couple of other things like that, or at least mine can't. ;-;

Bero

Smash Journeyman
Umm, generally, file which got an error is needed to fix bugs.
Would you give me that file?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I'm starting to get good at C#, so I might make an edit or two to test out how good I am, but I don't know what to do :U

EDIT: Hm.... maybe I'll attempt to create a Smash Attacks type of implementation to it? Or at least something like OpenSA currently is where you can only view and not edit. And as a question, how do I define the tag for a data group type? I don't really understand Kryal's code setup, but with some help I can do something. Wait, I understand it now.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
Wait,pokelover.
You are going to do same thing. Do you work on together?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Sure. I've got a small bit of understanding of how moveset files are broken down, and I've been trying to learn more by studying the source code of PSA. One thing I already know and I'm pretty sure most people know is that MiscData[0] in FitChar.pac files is the moveset data. Also, the first 8 bytes is the size of the moveset portion in hex + 0x6. Moveset portions have no tag, but are exactly 0x60 from the beginning of FitChar.pac files.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
OK, I'll rewrite list and re-add your name to Developers.

Ah, how much do you understand Kryal's code? BrawlLib.SSBBTypes.FighterDefinition has some definitions of moveset(by the way,I don't like this naming. It should be called "movedef"). Stuffs I want to add support to BrawlBox are
1.Text code editing PSA. Code editor which I'm making will have IntelliSense.
2.Fighter.pac support. I think there are not so much differences between FitChar.pac like AI files.
3.Article editing support.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I've been going through Kryal's code, and I think I understand the basic layout as well as how he's structured it. I'm going to tinker with it a bit to see if I get it completely before I can give a definite answer, but for now I'm going to say that I know enough to start modding.

EDIT: Just took a peek at BrawlLib.SSBBTypes.FighterDefinition and I agree with your renaming. It also looks slightly incomplete, I'm gonna mess around and see if I can fix/complete anything in it.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
I'm very glad because there is a man who studies C# actually.
Other learners, follow him and let's work together.

Well, I'm making textbox with intellisense. So, if you don't mind, please complete FighterDefinition.cs.

tehshyguy

Smash Rookie
i would like to help develop but am currently working on a program. It could easily be merged with bb, but I'm going to finish it then add on. Also I'm also trying to make a game (for funs) with XNA, which uses C#.

GJ pokelover

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Are you guys working on Movesets?

I hope you realize you should just look at PSA 1.3 source for a lot of it, or OpenSA1/2/3 source, or you know, work on AI and stuff that hasn't been touched yet.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I've been taking a look at the PSA v1.3 source, and it's turning out pretty helpful. I haven't looked at OSA source yet, I'm too lazy.

I wish there was sarcasm BBCode tags so I could say [sarcasm]Why in the world would we want to work on stuff that hasn't been touched yet?[/sarcasm]

EDIT: I'll look into STPM as well, I'm bored and I don't think anyone has touched it yet (though someone is going to come along and say they did).

EDIT: Olol looking through the BrawlBox files it has been touched. BLOC hasn't, though. I think :U
Also, I finally got a new SD card, so I won't need to have anyone do any testing for me unless I need multiple people's help. I just need to reinstall the HBC because I updated to v4.3 today so I could play SMG2.

masamunecyrus

Smash Apprentice
So.... Anyone interested in unicode support (so that you don't have to change every instance of pokémon to pokemon or hex edit the é in, else you encounter freezes)?

Bero

Smash Journeyman
So pokelover is lazy and will work on other file?

...Good. I was so tired to look into AI, and wanted to imple PSA to just take a rest.
So I may have to work on this alone.
I'll work on AI if I have finished this again.

By the way,where's OSA source?
I found PSA source, but that was too confusing for me.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I'll still work on PSA files, but I took Dant's advice about working on stuff that hasn't been touched yet. BLOC files (MiscData[7] of Subspace stages) haven't been messed with yet and they looked interesting, so I'm going to take a look at that.

Also, I lack a USB Gecko. I know it's not vital to doing anything, but I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way using Dolphin Emulator to do some of the things USB Gecko allows.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Yeah, I thought it was your file because I checked against the BrawlBox v0.64 source and it didn't exist in that, so I figured it was either yours or Dant's, and seeing as how it was something you worked on I thought it would be you :p

Top Bottom