• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mona for SSBB

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Click here for a very large pic.

Mona is one of the most likely Wario Ware employees to make it into SSBB. Aside from being a very popular character and having plenty of microgames and occupations to draw a moveset from, Mona has a lot going for her. First of all, a request to include the Mona Pizza theme in Brawl made it onto Sakurai's list. While Mona herself did not, it seems logical that they would use a character along with their theme music. Second, Mona and Wario are very close. According to one Wario Ware instruction manual (I forget which one specifically) Wario has let Mona come on a few unspecified adventures with him. Perhaps Brawl could be one of them? They also seem to share a mutual attraction to one another. Third, Mona is the only WW character other than Wario himself to appear in 3D. I'd provide a pic, but I lost it. While this may seem trivial, I think it should at least be considered.

Here's an idea of what Mona's moveset could be:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/36236311/?q=mona+smash+bros

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
I dont think she stands a chance aginst other female charecters *Cough*crystal*Cough*. Sorry, but its the truth:( !

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
This is just about Mona. I think that each character should be allowed their own thread. Besides, if each character had to be posted in a thread about their particular game/franchise, most of the threads in this board would need to be closed.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I dont think she stands a chance aginst other female charecters *Cough*crystal*Cough*. Sorry, but its the truth:( !
1. her name is krystal
2. why would only one new female be added
3. i don't know what else to say...

Anyway, I support Mona, only after they add Geno. Although, I think Capt. Syrup would be nice too.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Theres already a wario ware thread dude, so that means this thread is gonan be closed.
Stryks's tip: Use the SEARCH button...

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Theres already a wario ware thread dude, so that means this thread is gonan be closed.
There is a thread for Pokemon, Fire Emblem and Earthbound characters too but they still get to have indivdual threads, why can't mona.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
1. Use proper grammar and spelling.

2. She can have her own thread if Geno, Diddy, (no offense xien) Krystal, Every Mother character, and about a quarter or more of the threads on here that are entitled *OFFICAL (insert character here)thead* can have a thread.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Haha at first I was like Mona? But then I saw who it was and I love it. Wario could use a friend, and Mona's the perfect fit. YES FOR MONA! =)

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I say throw her and Capt. Syrup in, give Wario his own stage, and bam! The Wario department of the game is complete. Also I just came up with a random idea. Should WarioWare minigames be in Brawl? You know, with a smash touch to them. But you don't have to play them in Adventure or anything, they are just for fun. Also, you can unlock a game or two.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I say throw her and Capt. Syrup in, give Wario his own stage, and bam! The Wario department of the game is complete. Also I just came up with a random idea. Should WarioWare minigames be in Brawl? You know, with a smash touch to them. But you don't have to play them in Adventure or anything, they are just for fun. Also, you can unlock a game or two.
Yes to both above ideas, Capt Syrup would be awsome and WarioWare minigames would be kick arse!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Probably because she was a side character in a side character's spinoff game. (And I only say she's a side character because Wario was the only real main character of it, and even at that point he was still technically a side character to Mario). It would be neat to see her again, though. =)

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Probably because she was a side character in a side character's spinoff game. (And I only say she's a side character because Wario was the only real main character of it, and even at that point he was still technically a side character to Mario). It would be neat to see her again, though. =)
Well, Wario gets his own logo in Smash... no Mushroom or none of that crap. He's his own character now, so it's down from side character of a spinoff to just side character. Her chances are improving :p

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well I no nothing about her but from what I can see she has a pretty nice chance.

1. Wario is in his WarioWare fit so that says that he is his own character from his own series and no longer a Mario character (I refuse to say the same for Yoshi and even DK).
2. She is a female and he said he wanted to put in more females.
3. She is Wario's friend and that would be a good macth up kinda of like Peach and Mario.
4. She has a unique weapon.

I think we can expect one more Wario character and she could very likely be that character so I say YES for Mona (^_^).

xianfeng

Smash Hero
1. Wario is in his WarioWare fit so that says that he is his own character from his own series and no longer a Mario character (I refuse to say the same for Yoshi and even DK).
There are 10 games in his series 14 soon admit DK isn't a mario character

2. She is a female and he said he wanted to put in more females.
**** straight she is

3. She is Wario's friend and that would be a good macth up kinda of like Peach and Mario.
Bad reason, that can be used for Daisy as well

4. She has a unique weapon.
More than just the Baton she has several ocupations her best known being the pizza delivery girl.

Black/Light

Smash Master
There are 10 games in his series 14 soon admit DK isn't a mario character.
I dont give a F^^^ I still see him as a Mario character (I'm not even sure if he (Or Diddy) will be coming to brawl but this arguement is really un-needed cause I will tell you right now that Im not changing my mind).

Bad reason, that can be used for Daisy as well.
Well the Peach turning into Daisy counters any Daisy arguement imo. Therefore we can at least say shes Wario's close friend as a reason

More than just the Baton she has several ocupations her best known being the pizza delivery girl.
So she could have coo optional fits too as unlockables!

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Honestly, I can't say I like the idea of Captain Syrup. She represents the Mario Wario, not the one that's in Brawl. It's the same reason Waluigi won't be in, because that's not the Wario we got. We're gonna get WW characters to accompany Wario. Characters such as Mona.

Cap. Falcon

Smash Rookie
Im all for mona, but if she was in, I would also like Jimmy T (funkalicious!) and ashley and her little demon thing ( i forgot the name) Jimmy T is like a 70's dance maniac, or techno, whatever. Also, Ashley could have unique attacks because of her demon thingy (kinda like ice climbers) and because shes EMO! just kidding about the last part

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Honestly, I can't say I like the idea of Captain Syrup. She represents the Mario Wario, not the one that's in Brawl. It's the same reason Waluigi won't be in, because that's not the Wario we got. We're gonna get WW characters to accompany Wario. Characters such as Mona.
Wario Land (wario's first series) needs some love too, that's where Wario should draw 95% of his moves from any way.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Wario Land (wario's first series) needs some love too, that's where Wario should draw 95% of his moves from any way.
If Wario has his WW fit than he is reping WarioWare and not Wario land. So if there is a character coming from a Wario series it should be the one he is reping. ( same with his moves)

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
The only thing that his Ware costume is doing is showing that Wario is his own person, but that doesn't mean he is going to abondon his ties with the original game.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Most of his moves should / will come from Wario Land just because he's repping Wario Ware doesn't mean they should ignore Wario Land.
. . . I think they pretty much "ignored" WL when they gave him his WW fit. The most I think we can expect from WL is a unlockable fit. And how can they "ignore" Wario Land if Wario (main character) is in brawl? Thats like saying Mario has to have Mario paper rep.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I'm just saying Wario's moves should come from Wario Land because he actually fought in that game and got his signiture move (shoulder barge) and if that isn't part of his moveset then it would suck any way this is about MONA go MONA!

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I know, it does, you don't want to know what I think of shy guy ;)
:urg: Let's change the subject...quickly. *searches around for anything else* Got one! Do you think that Mona will appear as she does in Smooth Moves, in the cheerleader outfit, or would they have her in her classic outfit?

Top Bottom