• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monitoring your Lag

razgriz127

Smash Rookie
Is there a way to monitor your connection while playing smash? I'm just going nuts cause sometimes its lag free and sometimes its really laggy. The worst part is I can't tell if it's on my end or the other persons. Is there anyway to be sure that your connection is solid?

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
Well, if your using a wired connection for your wii, nothing else is using your internet, and nothing is interfering with the signal (cordless phones, computer use, etc) then you can tell it's not you. I think you can monitor your signal if it's a wireless connection by typing 192.168.1.1 as a URL and selecting "Status."
Mines usually at 864 or so.

joenm8r

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure that if you ever have lag free matches at all then its not a problem at your end.

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
Well after a match with someone, go to your friends list, and next to the player's name, there is a dot. It can be like 5 different colors. Red is awful connection and Blue is perfect connection. I think that Green is average connection and it's the one I see most often.

Top Bottom