• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montage Presents: The Peak, Already? Princeton, NJ! May 17th (update)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Marcel, I'll gladly Marth ditto you. We're going to be competing for best Marth in the state, afterall, since Jason thinks Marth sucks. ;)

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Inui: I would bet money that I know things about Marth in Brawl that he doesn't.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui: I would bet money that I know things about Marth in Brawl that he doesn't.
I would bet money that my Marth is straight up better than his. :)

Trash talk, or am I serious? I'll money match him. I already told him I would when he said all of our region sucks except him, Chris, and Bum.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Very awesome read. I knew most of that stuff already, but I didn't know about that third hitbox or the percentages that were listed.

Let us become Marth brothers, Marcel. <3

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Yup, sure why not.

Since you are repping him and Marth players are a dying breed now.

Anyway, take a gander into the Marth thread and see my name everywhere.

I must be important or something. XD

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You're generally very knowledgable about Marth, so I'm not surprised. We should do double Marth in teams against people and ****.

Ionizer

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ionizer
95% sure me and my brother are coming to this (hell, it's less than 15 minutes away). Looking forward to it.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
raise the entrancee fees and I can get out of staters to come

I am not joking either

15 to enter singles and 10 each to enter teams would bring out of staters like MD/VA peeps and Vidjo and NY people to come

not only that, but people would CARPOOL down so we'd get many people for each car ride and we could potentially get like 5-10 more people to come and increase the popularity of the tourney for the future

I also recommend paying out a very very small %age to people who get top 5 so that more people would want to come so they could make some or all of their entrancee fee back.

Example

1st - 60
2nd - 25
3rd - 10
4th - 3
5th - 2

doesn't have to be exactly that but something similar

also, teams should be the same proportional to singles, or at least something more similar where top 5 gets paid but 1st still gets 60 or 65%.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I actually don't mind that at all. The only problem I can think of is that it might stop new people from entering because the fees would be higher. We'll probably consider it for the next event, but I'm not sure about this one.

What do you think, Brandon?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
well vidjo told me that he would carpool down with people very highly likely if we raised the price for singles and teams by 5 dollars otherwise it wouldn't be worth it to come down

also from my experience at other tourneys, this attracts other out of staters

but i know for a FACT (vidjo is next to me right now) he said he would really like to comedown if the price was higher so he could have fun and make some money from it otherwise he wouldn't want to drive that far, and he would be bringing other people too.

just raise each of them by 5 dollars and you'll have more people come

Inui

Banned via Warnings
He thinks he's guaranteed to win that money? lulz, that's cute. Me, you, Kashif, Brandon, PC Chris, and other good people will be there.

I don't know if we'll do it for this event. I want to know what Brandon thinks first.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
He thinks he's guaranteed to win that money? lulz, that's cute. Me, you, Kashif, Brandon, PC Chris, and other good people will be there.
Singles
1: M2K ($70.00)
2: Vidjogamer ($40.00)
3: Velocity ($20.00)

Teams
1: M2K and Vidjo ($50.00)
2: Vidjo got 9ed by Velocity ($20.00)

Yeah, can't imagine WHERE Vidjo would get the idea that he is guaranteed to win money :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:. He had to beat Velocity in a set to team with M2K and is probably going to team with him for this event but obviously he's not going to win anything :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
vidjo just told me he'll come down with a carpool with other Ohio people if you raise the price of this
Brandon hasn't said anything, so I don't know if we'll do it yet. As of now, I'm fine with it, since it doesn't really affect me at all. In fact, it's just more potential money I can win. >_>;

@Kashif: We've both beaten Velocity before...so what's your point? It's not like beating Velocity is some impossible accomplishment. He's good, but come on.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
It's a big thing to raise it, considering we've been advertising.

We can raise singles to 15, but maybe teams stays at 10?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
It's a big thing to raise it, considering we've been advertising.

We can raise singles to 15, but maybe teams stays at 10?
I'd prefer keeping teams cheap because it encourages more people to enter. People without consistent and/or good partners will shy away from 10 dollars per person.

Singles being raised to 15 dollars sounds okay. I don't like that we'd be changing our announced prices, but at least it's not last minute. My college friends probably won't enter for 15 dollars, which is minus at least 5 people right there, which is more than what Vidjo would bring.

House fee + kinda pricey entry fees seems pretty lame...

Sesshomaru010101 (1:06:12 AM): brandon says we'll make singles 15
Sesshomaru010101 (1:06:15 AM): but keep teams cheap
oovideogamegodoo (1:06:37 AM): no
oovideogamegodoo (1:06:41 AM): make taems more than 5
oovideogamegodoo (1:06:45 AM): 10 total is nothing
oovideogamegodoo (1:06:48 AM): the main raeson vidjo wants to come is to team with me
oovideogamegodoo (1:06:57 AM): like that's his motivation
oovideogamegodoo (1:07:15 AM): for driving down
uh ohz lol

See, Vidjo only wants to come down if he can win a nice chunk of money in teams with Jason, and he'll supposedly bring some more Ohio players with him.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
but 20$ will shy out half the people who will enter. I don't want to accommodate 4 ohio players in a money making sense, to shy away the NJ scene.

BLUE NAME. It matches my flower decor nicely.

Anyway, how can I add a poll?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Any NJ player that doesn't come because doubles costs $10 per person is gay.
Singles: 15
Doubles: 10
House Fee: 2

It adds up, dude. I know I wouldn't want to enter if I had little/no chance of winning. Also, I have a large group of friends that definitely won't enter if we raise the prices. Daryl, Rigel, Wilmer, Dave, Tom, Steve, etc. are not going to pay more than this.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Any NJ player that doesn't come because doubles costs $10 per person is gay.
That's not fair, kashif, and you know it. A lot of people who come shy away from teams til they hear it's 5 per person. Raise it to 10 especially after advertising 5, will make people not wanna come/play. Not everyone is as good as us, kashif.

So far, 4 people form ohio have shown interest. That's not enough.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Singles: 15
Doubles: 10
House Fee: 2

It adds up, dude. I know I wouldn't want to enter if I had little/no chance of winning. Also, I have a large group of friends that definitely won't enter if we raise the prices. Daryl, Rigel, Wilmer, Dave, Tom, Steve, etc. are not going to pay more than this.
Sorry, I forgot Brawl was a terrible game and nobody enters Brawl tournaments except for money unless the entry fee is super cheap. My bad, I'm used to entering Melee tournaments with no expectation to win and seeing others do the same.

dmbrandon said:
That's not fair, kashif, and you know it. A lot of people who come shy away from teams til they hear it's 5 per person. Raise it to 10 especially after advertising 5, will make people not wanna come/play. Not everyone is as good as us, kashif.
Unless more than half the people decide not to enter teams, then the pot size will still be greater than or equal to what it would have been with $5.

Ionizer

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ionizer
I for one cannot afford to throw away $52 dollars (I have to pay for my brother as well). And I know neither of us will win, but ****, it's like flushing $50 down the ****ing toilet. It would really be swell if you kept the price at what you advertised. If not, I can't come. Please keep the entrance fee at $10.

I know my opinion doesn't matter, but whatever. Do what you feel is best, but I will not come if the price is too high. Sorry.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Yes!'s trip to the montage tourney:
more than an hour's drive and $30+ for gas
$2 house fee
$15 singles
$10 teams
$10 crews?

cue the win music?

dmbrandon

Smash Master
hour drive? 30$? wtf do you drive? A sherman ****ing tank?

If we do crews it'll be 5$ a head.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I drive a 1996 Chevy Lumina. 15 miles per gallon...I live an hour up north from rutgers...so if this thing is in princeton it's an hour and a half away from me. prolly more for gas then.

i wish i drove a tank...

Top Bottom