• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montgomery Brawl Scene I [Reflex confirmed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
but talk to the store owner about not taking half the money out of the pot if you want people to come to this again

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Yea I know. Reflex looked pissed as hell. Lmao.

@Geou - Slam needs to get me the results. It's his laptop.

nevershootme

Smash Master
weird. you advertised that the pot was not taken and then it was taken out by half? You really cannot blame serin for this on his behalf because he was working with the store owner on trying to run an event to help a business.

serin, did the store owner even told you he wanted a cut or something? because the venue fee was sufficient enough. and taking an additional cut without notifying you prior or on the day is bad business itself. if that was the case, you could have updated a post saying about it. I advise you and the owner to agree not taking any further cuts or start moving your hosting needs to someone else.

and yea "elite" players will get pissed off because of that. I say it's just the greed complexity of people's minds. money money money is what they want...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
and yea "elite" players will get pissed off because of that. I say it's just the greed complexity of people's minds. money money money is what they want...
I'm creating a fund for something very, very important. Money is quite necessary right now. I'm all about having fun, but that's almost one-third of the money I was supposed to have. I don't feel like I should apologize for being sore about having $51 of the $156 I earned taken from me in the blink of an eye, so don't be so quick to judge me to be a money-hungry elitist.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
the only reason any of us pay money to play a video game is because of the very slight chance of winning some money

i dont think any of us would have bothered coming (even people who knew they had no shot of winning) if we knew there would be such a drastic pot cut.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I understand hearing Reflex wanting more money than than when it comes to gas, food, etc, but if you knew you weren't going to win, shouldn't you be there for the fun of it?

All-in-all, first tourneys are first tourneys. They have ups and downs and need work. This is a work in progress. Work with me if we want this to get any better. I'm new to tourneys (which means I suck :p) and I really didn't know the workings of this.

dingle

Smash Rookie
its cool...we're just giving input for next time

step1: don't take half of the money out of the pot lol

edit: this is t1j

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
t1j
you are going to get dingle like 1000 posts if you start using his account more and triple posting and doing what you usually do.
:)

nevershootme

Smash Master
reflex, the statement i made was based on my observations and experience of previous tournaments with this type of mentality from pros (cases include seibrik, me, an SF4 player).

now I did get slightly on winning money once... at an anime con for teams with my roommate, it was supposed to be $200 guranteed for winners. because the turnout was not good enough, we only got like $50 to share.. out of like 6-8 teams and 5-10 entry (i can't remember). now i was disappointed, but not mad... although the host was not reasonable in negotiating in making future ideal tournaments... another tournament was $5 entry and 28 people turnout, I got $75 out of $100 pot in store credit with the other $40 going to the store. at first they did not recommend a set door fee and the rest being entry... but i explained and they reasoned to understand

Will_

Smash Journeyman
You guys had to pay door fee AND the pot was cut in half?

And nah, nevershootme seems ok. He's just helping with damage control imo. Which this tourney needs from the sound of it.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow, I'm glad I didn't come to this.

I'd be furious if I were Reflex.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i want to say that I am slightly exaggerating when I say they took "half" because people are taking me literally.

they took more like 25% i believe
plus a door fee

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
Results thread plz Slam and Serin for shout outs and such. Geou our friendlies there at the end were really fun! Too bad we didn't get to finish our Falco ditto. We shall have to finish it some other time.

Geou

Smash Apprentice
Results thread plz Slam and Serin for shout outs and such. Geou our friendlies there at the end were really fun! Too bad we didn't get to finish our Falco ditto. We shall have to finish it some other time.
Yeah definitely, I was having a lot of fun there. I'll look forward to our next meeting.

And... how's that Results thread goin'?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
It's a ***** to get the rest of the results in because I haven't gotten the PM somehow... >.> All I know is 1st-3rd for singles and doubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom