• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I have the house to myself this weekend. Any interest for an overnight Smashfest hosted by yours truly this Saturday, extending to Sunday evening? Holler back.

(This includes streaming Strikeforce Fedor vs. Henderson event, and poker if there's enough interest)

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
sounds fun, I remember going to your smashfest last year, and I had a lot of fun since it was the first Smashfest I ever attended. I don't remember where you live though...

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
I have the house to myself this weekend. Any interest for an overnight Smashfest hosted by yours truly this Saturday, extending to Sunday evening? Holler back.

(This includes streaming Strikeforce Fedor vs. Henderson event, and poker if there's enough interest)

Holy**** smash community have interest in MMA godamnit I love u all :0

Windrose

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I am visiting montreal for a bit. Currently eating at a restaurant called Dunn's. Where is the best place I can find smoked meat here? Is there any melee happening tonight? Lol I am residing at the sheraton hotel down town. Anything fun close by?

:phone:

PiKaLeX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I am visiting montreal for a bit. Currently eating at a restaurant called Dunn's. Where is the best place I can find smoked meat here? Is there any melee happening tonight? Lol I am residing at the sheraton hotel down town. Anything fun close by?

nice! im near by you right now! it could be fun to smash!
but for smoked meat, I cant tell you :s

shareton hotel is at laval right? not montreal...

Windrose

Smash Lord
According to the map,i am near concordia and mcgill university. My hotel is on rene levasque boulevard. near stanley rue. am I still in montreal?

ThatGuy

Smash Master

Heya Windrose,

Dunn's is a great place for Smoked Meat! You can scope out Reuben's, it's also located downtown on St Catherine's but it is a bit pricier. Schwartz's is also very good (http://www.schwartzsdeli.com/poster_eng.html). Lastly, there's Smoked Meat Pete's, but that's pretty out of the way in an area you most probably won't be visiting.

Pretty sick that you're in the heart of downtown. Hit up the nightlife on Crescent street ;). If you're looking for Smash or other gaming, check out Foonzo Cafe, it's on the corner of St Catherine's and Drummond. Post on the boards to let people know you're going.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Omg, just got four stocked by the weather. Il fait froit ;(

Edit: thanks pklx and that guy! Montreal is always great! The girls are good looking, the food is great tasting. at least the tournament wasn't today.

vrud

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, me and my friend kev will be organizing "training fests" for the upcoming tourny. The first one will be this sunday and every1 is welcome to come. Melee is going to be the focus though. I dont have his exact address but it is on the South-Shore. The street is called Boulevard Jaques-Cartier Ouest, you can google map it to see about where it is. Ill post the address soon i just want to know if any1 is up for some melee with ppl that you dont always play against :D

Black_jo

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, me and my friend kev will be organizing "training fests" for the upcoming tourny. The first one will be this sunday and every1 is welcome to come. Melee is going to be the focus though. I dont have his exact address but it is on the South-Shore. The street is called Boulevard Jaques-Cartier Ouest, you can google map it to see about where it is. Ill post the address soon i just want to know if any1 is up for some melee with ppl that you dont always play against :D
Quelle heure dimanche? l'adresse c'est 872 boulv. jacques cartier ouest

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol copperdoc

Hmm so I've been playing super meat boy today, and I got down to finish all the levels.
I'm at 286 levels completed. I'm 3rd on the leaderboards out of those who completed 286 levels, yet I'm 4669 on the leaderboards? Most people have 310/313 levels cleared, and number 1 has 347 or something. x_X I didn't find all the bandages yet, and I don't know if I have found all the warps yet. I did all levels with Meat Boy. Anyone know what's the problem?

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
Xblive....Leaderboard failed (or glitched) to update your stats it happens a lot on Stats that needs you to complete a set numbers or levels....if you are very unlucky you could see your stats never refreshed(needing an other record) f you played on ps3( dont know if the game actually exist on it well ...idk)

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmm, apparently there are 4 warps in every chapter. Now I do recall that there were some items I couldn't pick up with Meat Boy... I guess I'll have to go through all the levels again. -___-

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
I lost to Ally, King Kong and DarkShadow only at the tournament. I wrecked everybody else (especially Hells, who apparently likes KFC from what Guard says *frown*). Swordgard didn't show up, so he's retired by default. And I didn't play Techiyo, probably because he was afraid or lost to some other noob before I got to him. Holy is a cheater. I think I deserve AT LEAST 5th. If I forgot anyone, tell me their names and I'll make up a lame excuse validating my position. If I can't come up with one, I'll just claim to have better hygiene than them.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Mar1 beat KingKong and only lost to Ally and Holy. Guard, Dom, and Techiyo lost to similarly skilled or better opponents but placed higher. Stroumbert beat that Darkshadow dude you lost to, with Captain Falcon.

Man, in 3 sentences, I just blasted off 9 names that could whoop your ***. I'll accept that swordgard has retired :).

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dom gets bored playing campy characters. Guard would forfeit to me if I went Fox. Mar1... I'll get back to that one. Stroumbert wears glasses, which can be VERY EASILY LOST. Techiyo... Techiyo plays Marth right? If he's not better than Ulevo, than I have nothing to fear. And Mar1 can get a higher placing. >_>

Daisy101

Smash Journeyman
lol copperdoc

Hmm so I've been playing super meat boy today, and I got down to finish all the levels.
I'm at 286 levels completed. I'm 3rd on the leaderboards out of those who completed 286 levels, yet I'm 4669 on the leaderboards? Most people have 310/313 levels cleared, and number 1 has 347 or something. x_X I didn't find all the bandages yet, and I don't know if I have found all the warps yet. I did all levels with Meat Boy. Anyone know what's the problem?
Nice stat, keep going! i use to be in the top 5 back in november on GoldenEye, was the 2nd 56 worldwide, but now a lot of people hack sadly haha, but hey!

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
I heard U will lieke the goldeneye on 360 bettar than wii am I right...well joke aside when I saw the announcement I went like oh man this will be downright awsome I guess you will get it right so I can show you how to rock a true FPS on a true FPS console righhhtt???

Top Bottom