• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

cF=)

Smash Lord
i got challenged in a bar to a Bo3 Falcon vs Link, slap-to-the-face match. qqun veux m'entrainer, j'suis rusty :(

Ragboy Imperial

Smash Apprentice
i got challenged in a bar to a Bo3 Falcon vs Link, slap-to-the-face match. qqun veux m'entrainer, j'suis rusty :(
LOL ca m'a l'air douloureux. J'suis pas mal libre ces temps-ci, si quelqu'un (n'importe qui) veut bien se pointer chez nous jouer (hint: j'habite a TMR, relativement facile d'acces, surtout en train :/ gare canora 3m de marche a.k.a 12 minutes entre ma porte et downtown). Ou ben jpeux me deplacer, but my place is clutch.. for weed fiends..

si ca interesse kekun, via PM let me know.

also gettin 2 mayflash arcade sticks somewhere in the week (i know theyre not top quality, but ey, got em both for under 100 ship. incl. + theyre modable), and recently put my hands on SF4, SFanniversary coll., and SFA anthology. so yeah ill let you know when that comes in, ill have some serious practice sessions coming up.

Ragboy Imperial

Smash Apprentice
SF4 on ps3, SSF4 will wait a little til I find a bargain. Ill be buying MvC2 on psn eventually to play with the sticks too. HNK looks pretty epic, I had never heard of it.. but MELEE, SF and MVC is more than enough. Also MvC3 coming up this winter I think, that should be hype.

kr3wman

Smash Master
spring 11 im pretty sure, they're not even done adding all the characters.

edit : you realize you're pretty much playing an outdated game.

HnK is like, the best AkSys game.

yeah eat it GG/BB

Ragboy Imperial

Smash Apprentice
Outdated doesn't mean it's not fun, and classics can't really be outdated.. But I see your point. All those games look pretty flashy, I'll probably try em sometime.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
LOL ca m'a l'air douloureux. J'suis pas mal libre ces temps-ci, si quelqu'un (n'importe qui) veut bien se pointer chez nous jouer (hint: j'habite a TMR, relativement facile d'acces, surtout en train :/ gare canora 3m de marche a.k.a 12 minutes entre ma porte et downtown). Ou ben jpeux me deplacer, but my place is clutch.. for weed fiends..

si ca interesse kekun, via PM let me know.

also gettin 2 mayflash arcade sticks somewhere in the week (i know theyre not top quality, but ey, got em both for under 100 ship. incl. + theyre modable), and recently put my hands on SF4, SFanniversary coll., and SFA anthology. so yeah ill let you know when that comes in, ill have some serious practice sessions coming up.
i'd be down for some SF and fiending when i'll be able to afford it.

hi gaiz

RageKev!

Smash Journeyman
i'd be down for some SF and fiending when i'll be able to afford it.

hi gaiz
CHESTERRRRRRRR!

omg all we need not is like, PKM and THE REST OF THE COMMUNITY BACK TOGETHER and things will be cool again ^^

*sigh*

Brawl- is lulzy.

*Realizes suggestions like this aren't doing any good for the community lol*

Ragboy Imperial

Smash Apprentice
Silly Reggie. Fiending is free obviously, when I got enough material that is.. but if you mean afford as in time, well I'm sorry for you :/. But if you guys can get to my place, the rest (food and whatever), I got covered no worries.

The sticks just arrived, and I'll be making first encouters shortly. :roll:

Ragboy Imperial

Smash Apprentice
I'm a total fightstick n00b, but after a quick hour, the Mayflash looks pretty nice. The stick seems accurate enough, although I'm not getting my F - D - DFs straight (as I expected), reason why you'll have to give me a couple of 'adaptation' days (sorry, + I work lots). And the buttons, they look pretty legit. Probably a little stiffer than your average, but seem like the type to loosen up with time.

So yeah soon enough you'll get to see for yourselves. I give it a 'B' overall, but a great big 'A' for QUALITÉ/PRIX and that's all that matters. lol.

mckenziepiping

Smash Rookie
Does there exist a public place where people meet up to play Super Smash Bro Brawl? From what I gather in this thread, it would seem that people are meeting up at each other's house/apartment... not too sure how down I am with that idea.

mckenziepiping

Smash Rookie
I would like to attend a tournament... I've been playing with friends for the past 6 years or so but I cannot rank myself because I've never played with a stranger. Also I don't understand any of the terminology being used, such as "wave dashing" and the like. I think my playing would be quite strong but I surely come off as a noob because it's never been a social thing for me.

mckenziepiping

Smash Rookie
Oh and I'm 25.... I'm guessing most of you are adolescents. Please let me know whether there are people out there around my age doing this kinda thing so that I don't make a creep out of myself by crashing a party of 15 year olds lol

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Does there exist a public place where people meet up to play Super Smash Bro Brawl? From what I gather in this thread, it would seem that people are meeting up at each other's house/apartment... not too sure how down I am with that idea.
Hey guy, most of us are young adults actually, in fact while the age of the community worldwide may be adolescent you'd probably fit right in with us Montrealers :chuckle: I think Kage is like 42 now or something.

Wavedashing is a melee technical term so you won't need to worry about that if you're sticking with Brawl. We used to have weeklies but since the prices went up, no one's really gone to them as of late.

Feel free to contact swordgard about any Brawl going-ons, I believe he's running a tournament soon.

kr3wman

Smash Master
People that play brawl mostly live on the south shore.

Melee is hibernating.

Smash64 is like completely dead offline.

but every wednesday there's the weeklies. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=90446

Be sure to check before going though, since it's mostly dead now (Last week's attendance was like, 4 people for smash)

Most people are over 18 years old.

Ragboy Imperial

Smash Apprentice
Kimbo got dominated. But he survived a ridiculous americana .. lol. Tough MF. Also Koscheck is probably dead in a ditch somewhere after what he said.

Shogun combo: four hits to the temple, two to the jaw. gnar.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Oh and I'm 25.... I'm guessing most of you are adolescents. Please let me know whether there are people out there around my age doing this kinda thing so that I don't make a creep out of myself by crashing a party of 15 year olds lol
There is a tourney on the 15th of may in montreal.

Also, Dom is like 28 atm and most of us are above 19 so eh, we don't mind XD

Kirby1

Smash Cadet
Hey if anyone's willing to drive to my place for some melee, I can host around, ehh, anything less than 8 people on saturday or sunday or pretty much any time next week, whichever day seems best (I only have one copy of melee though with 2 tvs). I live like 20 minutes from st jean sur richelieu (which is like 40-50 minutes from south shore near the cegep).

There's also public transport to st jean, so I could offer a ride from there if anyone really feels like coming, but only for up to 3 people, and i could only offer a single trip here and the way back.

Top Bottom