• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

Alopex

Smash Ace
This for the VC part.

Although there is only ONE controller to smash and that is the Gamecube controller, imo.
Nah, bro. Smash64 is too archaic to have softshielding, and the full GC shoulder button press takes ages to press. I don't need to tell you that Smash64's hitstun means that extra millisecond could be your doom.

One of the things that always pissed me off about lolbrawl was having that GC analog shoulder button when lolbrawl doesn't even have softshielding. Grr. So Classic Controller Pro to the rescue.

A GC controller option without analog shoulder buttons still dazzles my dreams... mmmm...

yo alopex what is that Vc Controller pro you are talking about is that really awsome for smash 64? and also I heard people found a way to play smash 64 online via the wii and homebrew or something like that and its suposse to be better than killera or p2p on computers emulators.
http://www.nintendo.com/wii/console/controllers/classiccontrollerpro

It's just an improved Classic Controller. Useless for Melee, but my preferred choice for lolbrawl and 64. Just because it has digital shoulder buttons like I mentioned above, and has, you know, a GOOD analog stick. So I prefer using the CC Pro with Smash64 VC than playing Smash64 on the 64 (cause those analogs have long since forgotten what "straight" means) or playing Smash64 VC with a GC controller.

And nah, no one's hacked any online for Smash64 on the Wii. I freakin' WISH, son. I freakin' wish...

The standard for playing Smash64 online is still Project 64k.

moar 64 tourneys cuz i dun kno waveshine plx :awesome:

Oh wait... I'm not in Canada anymore. Maybe wait a bit on that one, then.

P.S.- Krewman! You're playing OTHER games?! Wtf is this? Wait... is it the Hokuto no Ken game?

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Nah, bro. Smash64 is too archaic to have softshielding, and the full GC shoulder button press takes ages to press. I don't need to tell you that Smash64's hitstun means that extra millisecond could be your doom.

One of the things that always pissed me off about lolbrawl was having that GC analog shoulder button when lolbrawl doesn't even have softshielding. Grr. So Classic Controller Pro to the rescue.

A GC controller option without analog shoulder buttons still dazzles my dreams... mmmm...
I always found it odd that they took Light Shielding out in Brawl, I thought it was an interesting mechanic.

You can however have your controller modified to remove the springs from the triggers. A few people in the Montreal Community did that (although it does violate the advantageous controller modification rule, but I'm not one to cry about pressing the shield button a few milliseconds faster because their reflexes/anticipation abilities suck =D).

RageKev!

Smash Journeyman

http://www.nintendo.com/wii/console/controllers/classiccontrollerpro

It's just an improved Classic Controller. Useless for Melee, but my preferred choice for lolbrawl and 64. Just because it has digital shoulder buttons like I mentioned above, and has, you know, a GOOD analog stick. So I prefer using the CC Pro with Smash64 VC than playing Smash64 on the 64 (cause those analogs have long since forgotten what "straight" means) or playing Smash64 VC with a GC controller.

And nah, no one's hacked any online for Smash64 on the Wii. I freakin' WISH, son. I freakin' wish...

The standard for playing Smash64 online is still Project 64k.

moar 64 tourneys cuz i dun kno waveshine plx :awesome:

Oh wait... I'm not in Canada anymore. Maybe wait a bit on that one, then.

P.S.- Krewman! You're playing OTHER games?! Wtf is this? Wait... is it the Hokuto no Ken game?

Pretty much what Joel said. Remove one (or both) of the shoulder button springs.

Although it does violate that rule, I don't find it particularly "unfair", considering you lose the option to soft shield in the process. It's more of a trade-off imo.

Since when are we such nazis to enforce such "touchy" rules ayway?

I hate that the controller support for PJ64k is imperfectly implemented though, having to buffer your [UP] inputs so you don't jump and the crazy difficulty of short-hopping are pretty much the only reason why I'm not playiing atm. :(

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Makes power shielding easier. Remove the springs on one button, leave them on the other, use one to light shield one to power shield/do other stuff. Profit.

RageKev!

Smash Journeyman
Makes power shielding easier. Remove the springs on one button, leave them on the other, use one to light shield one to power shield/do other stuff. Profit.
If you're playing lolbrawl and have troube powershielding, you probably shouldn't be playing in the first place.

And even in Maylay, it seems like a lot of trouble to shield in some instances with button X and using button Y the rest of the time for such a meager advantage.

I mean, if you're in a game that you even remotely care about, you'll be pressing shield hard and fast enough to compensate for the analog effect. If you lose, it probably won't be due to the two-millisecond difference in timing, but rather to Kage "le poing'ing" your *** seven ways to sunday.

Anyways, if we were all playing SSB64 (the way we should be :p) we probably wouldn't be doing much shielding in the first place.

Well, off to rage some more at my ******** windows XP install.

**** Microsoft.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
In Smash, period. Just that, if you're gonna be sponsored, and you're gonna split pots, try to be subtle about it. I don't think there's another community of gaming that does not look down on forfeiting or splitting pots. Not that I mind, I've split pots in the past, but you have to do it properly.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I personally haatteed that **** and I tried as hard as I could to not allow that at my tournies cause I CLEARLY see a lower level of performance because there is nothing much on the line since they will be seeing cash anyways.

Or forfeiting so that one player plays another pisses me off to, I hated to find out that an "epic" match between JL and KingAce was once staged, they pretended to make it close but their intention was for JL to win but they did it in a subtle fashion.

I personally think it destroys competition but I still do understand when friendship or plain understanding of the matter that both clearly do not care of the result is put over money. Like a GTA example was when JL and Ambrose met in GF but they play each other consistently that it becomes redundant, regardless of result. Locally that can be dealt with by laying it out to the TO and he/she decides the outcome. But at a national or major it is to be sucked up and played because there are many fans watching.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Or forfeiting so that one player plays another pisses me off to, I hated to find out that an "epic" match between JL and KingAce was once staged, they pretended to make it close but their intention was for JL to win but they did it in a subtle fashion.
In hindsight, probably one of the funniest things I've witnessed.

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
Regarding Quebec's Revival:

Me and Fatuik are offering lifting at Metro Montmorency at 11 P.M. and we'll lift when the tournamenet finish too. If you need one, tell me As Soon As Possible! If people can contact some regarding this, it would be appreciated.

We have 8 seats max.

RageKev!

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys.

Dunno if anyone is playing on Full Tilt Poker atm, but I'm looking for someone to wire me 20-40$ in exchange for the same amount in cash.

I'm just too lazy to go through the "create an account on a paypal clone site, link it to my bank account, deposit, wait for confirmation" thing.

If you're willing to help me, you can reach me on Smashboards (thread or PM), Facebook or MSN if you added me or via email (should be in my profile somewhere.)

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

- Kev

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
That's more than 1st place at a Worldwide melee tournament.. **** that. lolll.
mad warrior is mad.

I wish he won, but no worries, Kage's gonna win ROM3. He get's +50 **** mode when he steps into Toywiz (ROM venue). It's like Kage's long lost warrior ancestors once fought some sort of gay war there, which gives him this boost only at ROM tournaments.

<3 Kage. Make dat cake.

Also much <3 to Reggie. Come to TOR again, even though I can't house you guys like last time ]: (that's for everyone in MTL, I<3uguise)

Top Bottom