• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

swordgard

Smash Hero
Website designing, eh? I would be glad to help out, although I dislike HTML. Hell, let's get a bunch of us. Where would we get the space though? I would personally elect my web space from my school server, but that's simply too much traffic and I don't want to get in trouble for it.

I would elect Lanowen as head of web site construction, but seriously, with such a large scale tournament, you can expect quite the traffic online. We'd have to chip in to get a server willing to handle such. (Unless it was sponsored and/or provided for us). We should speak to nealdt about that program of his as well...actually, wait a sec. This is MLG. Won't they handle registrations/brackets/website stuff etc.? We don't need that if that's the case...

LOL at party in town, St. Catherine's will be filled with American smashers XD. Let's go drinking with HugS!

Also...I think maybe we should speak with Le Gouvernement Quebec about this...get legal advice. We don't want to have the law screw this over. Stuff like French translations on everything, seeing if we can obtain a permit for holding this, advertisement, etc. etc. Might be just me being paranoid, but I would personally take it seriously.

Wow, MLG Montreal...that would be amazing. I hope it's feasible!
Or you could use my website space thouh i cant pay for a second domain name or my parents are gonna kill me>Oh and bttw its not like a small tournament that we are gonna do, its probably the biggest one ever done in canada, almost bigger than oc2. Alot of top players from around the world will be coming, this is gonna be so leet. Hmmm by the way is 1200gb of bandwidth+40 gb spaces for tournament vids enough for u guys, anmd im not bad in php/html coding.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
We should speak to nealdt about that program of his as well...actually, wait a sec. This is MLG. Won't they handle registrations/brackets/website stuff etc.? We don't need that if that's the case...
We are not gunning only for MLG. We're gunning for a major tournament.

I'm waiting for feedback from jv3x3, but for now, we are thinking about preparing a major tournament. If MLG comes here, we can sit back and relax as they'll do everything themselves, they'll just need people fluent in english and french.
Aside from that, if there's no MLG, we will need to handle registrations, brackets, websites, etc.
If we do get serious about this, I'm going to message manacloud, neal, the Kishes for more info.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't make me flame you. I replied to joel's post while emphasizing the fact that we shouldn't rely on MLG, and do everything ourselves if they don't want to come. I didn't brush off your post, so be a little more respectful.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Don't make me flame you. I replied to joel's post while emphasizing the fact that we shouldn't rely on MLG, and do everything ourselves if they don't want to come. I didn't brush off your post, so be a little more respectful.
Ok lol....
Anyway any idea of where we could do this? Oh and btw do u think with the Law 101 we will be obliged to translate almost everything to french?

D

Deleted member

Chet, the church that pwns face hard near our house will be done renovations by the end of this year. We are committed, but none of us have cars or anything, so it's hard to find viable venues that aren't close to us.

We'd fully be prepared to set this **** up in Toronto.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
You guys aren't even sticking together enough to host Trans-Canada. Lanowen is all alone, and it doesn't seem like he's gonna get help from you guys, PLUS most of you guys aren't old enough to make reservations for most of the stuff.
You don't even have a date, a location, or anywhere near a possibility of something moving.
This is why we were iffy about contacting you guys. If you want to help us get something, ok! We're open to anything, but get your ***** in gear por favor. Start by planning WC vs EC, then we'll talk.

Vwins

Smash Ace
On viserait surtout les bons joueurs de la côte est américaine et peut-être le mid-ouest aussi. Mais je crois que ça va être très difficile de convaincre des bons joueurs de la côte ouest de venir jusqu'à Montréal. Donc, resté réaliste s'il-vous-plait et espérons que certaines EC crews puissent venir à notre tournoi si nous réussissons à l'organiser adéquatement.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Just a little note chet, when you said motel in that email you actually should have said hotel. A motel is one of those ghetto places that's only like $50 a night and may possibly have cockroaches in it :p

edit: Excellent email aside from that, hopefully MLG shows some interest!

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
Good job Reggie, awesome that your already devoted to this. If you need any help at all (money wise, web design, translation, etc.) just ask me. I want this to happen as much as anyone else, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make this happen (plz no gay jokes, for once I'm beeing serious).

RaIph

Smash Apprentice
what games did you play?
they have 4:
- wii sports (5or6 games i cant remember, tennis, bowling, boxing, baiseball, golf, and prolly another one)
- twilight
- wario ware (release jan)
- excitetruck
(theyll have 20 wii stations at arcadia but still those 4 games only... but zelda and wii sports occupe une personne asser longtemps en tabarnak lol)

the best is obviously twiligh, lol la fuсking Jocelyn of megadome nintendo caliss... moe pis une gang de peeople there were like super fuсking far in the game, we had like 4 hours of game and we did all the boring quests things of getting ur sword and shіt and we got super deep in our 1st dungeon... but later that bіtch comes while i was finishing that dungeon and fuсk erases all the saves cuz she doesnt people to be spolied... lol douсhbag hate that bіtch lol.

mais appart de ca, s'tais nice.
fuсk jocelyne, i hate her lol :D

RaIph

Smash Apprentice
Dayum, I want the wii so bad now.

Ralph, sorry fot not being Online the past day ive been busy with gf and ****. maybe we can smash at my place this weekend.
yeah np, wkend is good

Twilight is ****ing awesome just read you moron!

Raiph: I think the gay part will be "gay" batteries for controllers which will run out too often. Seriously, rumble + speaker + motion sensor = battery killer.
fuсk yeah... anyway, they say 20 hours... it uses standard 2xAA batts which arent as good as LI-ION batts so its gonna suck bad...

just picture the wavebird +VIBRATEUR + SPEAKER + NUNCHAKOO + MOTIONSENSOR = $$$ for duracell

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
ouain bin c way too expensive au MIGS anyway...
hey, melaf tu couches chz daisy right? lets smash this wekend.

Ouai jpars demin la on va a larcadia vendredi samedi pi apres jpars che zred vers 4 30 so si tu veu jouer je sais pas quand serieux. j aimerait sa mes yo si tu peut me dire une reponse avant demin que si tu habiterais proche d un metro jpourais vnir che vous vendredi a place d aller a larcadia ou jsais pas ou sinon samedi genre a place de partir de larcadia a 4 30 jpourait partir vers 1h ou 2h pi aller jouer che vous pendent genre 3h check add moi sur msn pi jva asseyer de tarjoindre

Damax

Smash Lord
Just a little note chet, when you said motel in that email you actually should have said hotel. A motel is one of those ghetto places that's only like $50 a night and may possibly have cockroaches in it :p

edit: Excellent email aside from that, hopefully MLG shows some interest!
Actually I thought about a motel and it might be way better than an hotel while less cosy they're less costy and still better than chairs in a gym. we can get them 6 in the rooms so it would be like 8 bux per day per person.

RaIph

Smash Apprentice
Ouai jpars demin la on va a larcadia vendredi samedi pi apres jpars che zred vers 4 30 so si tu veu jouer je sais pas quand serieux. j aimerait sa mes yo si tu peut me dire une reponse avant demin que si tu habiterais proche d un metro jpourais vnir che vous vendredi a place d aller a larcadia ou jsais pas ou sinon samedi genre a place de partir de larcadia a 4 30 jpourait partir vers 1h ou 2h pi aller jouer che vous pendent genre 3h check add moi sur msn pi jva asseyer de tarjoindre
lol demain jvais en acadie.

y reste ou zred? ill go to his place.
zred wanna invite me too? i think we smashed at sff

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
lol demain jvais en acadie.

y reste ou zred? ill go to his place.
zred wanna invite me too? i think we smashed at sff

Ormstown a 1heure de montreal ya des bus qui parte de angrignons mes la jsais pas si i peut t inviter jpoura pas i parler juska ten que jva le voir en personne so je sais pas la and ya you smash him at sff I tell him too check out if he can invite you too sunday because sartuday the last bus go at 5h30 so sunday will be nice

RaIph

Smash Apprentice
ok, pics. i love pics. lol ima fuсking japanese when it comes to pics...
esp when girls are naked in em.

Reggie Fils-Aimé le gros

Accompagné au loin par Pierre-Paul Trépanier

Some Twilighting

Premier Dungeon Dans Twilight. Quelques minutes avant que la miss party breaker erases the games.

Nintendo Nöö

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
I know I sound like a dude from another planet, but where the **** is Arcadia held?

Btw, I dropped by Gamer's World to check out their room... It's really nice, but it isn't really big. I'd say its good for about 10 ppl.

Chet/Max you got my full support for that big *** tourney you're planning to make. Put us on that map!

nox

Smash Apprentice
**** comment je fait pour wavelandé un b-air ek doc ? c'est juste hard o.o
You don't pull your bair out fast enough ...else you should have time to start another arial ...or waveland in your case. Either that , or you can't waveland properly.

What's the next tourney's name chet ? STYD2 ? omg *splooge*

Damax

Smash Lord
You don't pull your bair out fast enough ...else you should have time to start another arial ...or waveland in your case. Either that , or you can't waveland properly.

What's the next tourney's name chet ? STYD2 ? omg *splooge*
I think we'd have to think a new name over, has it won't be as small as STYD or SFF, and it gotta hook on mind I think it would be great if some of you guys could think about it. Like: CoF Canada on Fire

my exemple seems bad IMO

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
Ok, je travaille pas dimanche, fak j'vais surement aller a Arcadia dimanche. De plus, je vais etre a Montreal samedi soir fak si jpeu coucher chez quelqu'un ensuite aller a Arcadia avec eux sa srait nice + moins cher pour moi en transport. Anyone up for that?

Steve_V

Smash Rookie
I'll be at Arcadia...probably at the DDR tournament
I qualified today, unless 14 ppl beats my score by tomorrow noon.

pi ouais ya plein de monde la bas...ca va etre encore plus packed le samedi :dizzy:

Agora

Smash Journeyman
No SSBM at Arcadia, hell we were lucky to get Smash 64 in the old school section, and there's but a single couch to play it.

Ralph: You suck for not taking me in those pictures!

No news from Gamers' World. :C

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
No SSBM at Arcadia, hell we were lucky to get Smash 64 in the old school section, and there's but a single couch to play it.
That game is ****ing hard man.

nox, SYTD2 will probably be the tournament me and Smokey are "trying to start" planning at the moment. You will be notified in due type for helpings and such...

RaIph

Smash Apprentice

Ralph: You suck for not taking me in those pictures!

No news from Gamers' World. :C
lol u never told me u wanted pics lol.
yeah they dont have melee. fuсk that stupid rumor i heard that there was a melee contest where u could win a fuсking wii loooooooolz.

btw they have only 10 Oui's and this bloody sucks cuz i'll take u a while to put ur hands on one....

i was there all day and only got to play... zelda once and excite truck twice, and tennis once..
u get to play 4 mins each lolz. wooohoo! 16 mins at the wii for 10 hours! Ouiii

cF=)

Smash Lord
C'est fantastique comment aller à Arcadia vous sauve un petit 10 jours à attendre encore pour posseder votre propre Wii. Perdre une journée pour gamer 16 mins. = no good !

También, quelqu'un est bon en biologie 101 ?

Top Bottom